Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Anyway, I'm not trying to bum out the thread, here's a picture of my chilis ready for deployment into the große weite Welt.
Sent them on their way this morning, and I'm sad to see them go.

Not sure the young'uns should be reading SA already, but they look nice. :)

Also i think you post good faith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

the big Real grocery store seemed about normal in Mainz today, though the vegetable bins were a bit barren

that seems fairly normal for Saturday though

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Well given the massive losses that happened in the entire DAX family at least we can Kurbel the Wirtschaft an again by Hamstering everything that's remotely stackable.

Also I can book an entire movie at the local theater all for myself now, that's great.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

How are you still talking about this when someone was rude to a billionaire this very afternoon smh

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Duzzy Funlop posted:

/edit:
Well, this certainly isn't the WoT thread

What does WoT stand for?

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Just left the apartment for Edeka after 6 days of getting rid of the flu. Only shelves that were empty: handsoap, fish sticks, barilla pasta sauce. I hamstered by buying two of everything I usually buy.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Torrannor posted:

What does WoT stand for?

Despair and suffering curiously enough.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Torrannor posted:

What does WoT stand for?

A famous series of fantasy novels, the Wheel of Time

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Goons Are Great posted:

Well given the massive losses that happened in the entire DAX family at least we can Kurbel the Wirtschaft an again by Hamstering everything that's remotely stackable.

Also I can book an entire movie at the local theater all for myself now, that's great.

I think it's good that you try to keep Number's spirit up in these trying times but we shouldn't lie to it. Unless everyone starts to eat twice as much the Hamsterkäufe will be a zero sum game.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
FAZ asking the hard questions

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Libluini posted:

A famous series of fantasy novels, the Wheel of Time

That's what I thought, yet I haven't seen Duzzy post in the "Robert Jordan's The Waste of Time - Spanking the Dragon: Now An Amazon Series!" thread, and now I'm wondering if there are two of those :confused:

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Zwille posted:

Imagine living several weeks on senseo coffee

The most white Hipster post in a thread full of white Hipsters.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Living in the Rheinland, I really think they should have canceled their stupid Karneval this year. It's mostly just tedious anyway. Also the weather was poo poo.
Still kinda hoping, that this will blow over once May comes around. I am going on an international trip by then and don't really want to be quarantined, or lie in a bed for weeks.
Also, people dying is bad too, I guess.

I have sort of a high risk, because there are cases in my town already and my work requires me to travel a lot by train and sit in giant halls with hundreds of people. If I have it and don't know about it, soon a lot of other people will, too.

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

I don't have a car, so I can't shop for more than fits into a bag pack and two large Ikea-Tüten.

This week end I had a car available and used it to buy bulky/weighty stuff like toilet paper, tin cans, milk and a crate of beer. When checking out the cashier winked at me and I wanted to scream "I am not a dirty hoarder, I am a posh car haver!"

But I could only hang my head in shame as the bystanders downvoted me with their looks.

Also LOL at that (interesting) Sarajevo list from last page. You can tell it's a boomer thing from the 90ies because "no electricity" is listed as an option. Millennials would be ok with being quarantined in their homes, as it wouldn't really change their life style. But no internet would make them meltdown without even being able to tweet about it.

Einbauschrank fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Mar 1, 2020

demonicon
Mar 29, 2011

Einbauschrank posted:

I don't have a car, so I can't shop for more than fits into a bag pack and two large Ikea-Tüten.

This week end I had a car available and used it to buy bulky/weighty stuff like toilet paper, tin cans, milk and a crate of beer. When checking out the cashier winked at me and I wanted to scream "I am not a dirty hoarder, I am a posh car haver!"

But I could only hang my head in shame as the bystanders downvoted me with their looks.

Also LOL at that (interesting) Sarajevo list from last page. You can tell it's a boomer thing from the 90ies because "no electricity" is listed as an option. Millennials would be ok with being quarantined in their homes, as it wouldn't really change their life style. But no internet would make them meltdown without even being able to tweet about it.

Wait, you were having doubts about buying a crate of beer?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Well, it's preparing for the wrong type of flu. Immunosuppressants worked with the spanish flu, but don't with this one. I, too, would give disapproving looks.

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Einbauschrank posted:

I did a huge haul last week in morning, as it was obvious this would be coming and I didn't want to go into the chaos this weekend.
The comment I got was "Sehr fleißig, sehr fleißig".

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm going to berghain tonight, and if anyone of the 2000+ people there has the virus it will spread immediately to everyone else. wish me luck!!! or not, if you're an :evilbuddy:

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

oliwan posted:

I'm going to berghain tonight, and if anyone of the 2000+ people there has the virus it will spread immediately to everyone else. wish me luck!!! or not, if you're an :evilbuddy:

At least try to infect some Schwaben too.

(I'm joking, of course. The chances that the virus is capable of making the jump to different lifeforms are rather remote.)

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

oliwan posted:

Do you still love the Corona virus, though?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

oliwan posted:

Godspeed, Superspreitzer.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/creamspeak/status/1234223788511940608?s=19

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I like those guys who buy dozens of water bottles, like it's a global collapse where tap water goes dry in a week.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Still cannot get over how politicians are starting to put effort into this just after it turned out to kill boomers first. Meanwhile I cannot get property treatment for my circulatory issues unless I pay out of pocket thanks to SPD and Greens cuts to the health system.

I hope oliwan spreads the plague in the Berghain so I can be buried atop a pile of boomers corpses.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Dommolus Magnus posted:

At least try to infect some Schwaben too.

(I'm joking, of course. The chances that the virus is capable of making the jump to different lifeforms are rather remote.)

it is a zoonotic disease, do not be so sure.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I never liked zooners either, FWIW.

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Here we have these Pumpen in each street. Apparently they are still maintained, they sure as hell still work.
So even with water cutting out we are fine

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

A challenger appears.

quote:

Die Thüringer AfD schickt ihren Landespartei- und Fraktionschef Björn Höcke in die Ministerpräsidentenwahl am 4. März. Wie aus einem Schreiben der Fraktion an die Landtagspräsidentin hervorgeht, wird Höcke kandidieren. Damit tritt er gegen den Linke-Politiker Bodo Ramelow an. Welche weiteren Kandidaten in welchen Wahlgängen kandidieren wollen, ist noch nicht entschieden.
https://www.zeit.de/politik/deutschland/2020-03/thueringen-bjoern-hoecke-kandidiert-bei-ministerpraesidentenwahl

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Let's see if there are CDUlers dumb enough to vote for Ossi-Hitler

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

What's the dumbest possible thing the CDU and FDP could do? Because that is what's going to happen.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Since this is the chaos timeline, I'll say <=5 votes för Höcke coming from someplace other than the AfD, and both FDP and CDU continuously denying it and pointing fingers at one another.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Höcke‘s gonna win it by some really dumb margin and it’s gonna be the SPD‘s fault.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
The Forschungs- und Innovationszentrum is now off limits :lol:
:rip:

https://www.sueddeutsche.de/bayern/coronavirus-bayern-newsblog-1.4775078

quote:

Auch ein Münchner BMW-Mitarbeiter hat sich mit dem Erreger angesteckt. Der Konzern schickt nun vorsorglich 150 Kollegen nach Hause.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Alternative von der Alternative

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Why the poo poo aren't bidets normalised in Germany

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Venomous posted:

German assholes are very sensitive. Scrubbing them twice a day under the shower is enough of a structural strain.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Venomous posted:

Or Switzerland. If I was able to design my own bathroom, a bidet would be the first item on the list.

Also, oliwan is right - the crash is good because it will allow me to put some more money into my puny Fondsdepot once the Talsohle has been reached. Didn’t think he was a fellow Hobbyinvestor, but hey, cool :)

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

The Thuringia saga continues with a twist I honestly didn't see coming:

Der Spiegel posted:

Corona-Verdachtsfall in der CDU-Fraktion
Ein Thüringer CDU-Abgeordneter hat sich womöglich mit dem neuen Coronavirus infiziert. Nach SPIEGEL-Informationen droht auch Ex-Ministerpräsident Ramelow eine Quarantäne.

Ein Abgeordneter der Thüringer CDU-Fraktion steht wegen des Verdachts einer Infektion mit dem neuen Coronavirus unter Quarantäne. Das erfuhr der SPIEGEL aus Parteikreisen. Zuerst hatte die "Thüringer Allgemeine" über den Verdachtsfall berichtet. Dieser solle schnellstmöglich geklärt werden, sagte ein Fraktionssprecher der Zeitung.

Der Abgeordnete sei mit einem 57-jährigen Mann aus dem Saale-Orla-Kreis, der sich mit dem neuen Virus infiziert habe, in den Winterferien im Skiurlaub in Italien gewesen, sagte ein Sprecher des Thüringer Gesundheitsministeriums.

Nach SPIEGEL-Informationen gehörte der Abgeordnete zu der Gruppe aus vier CDU-Parlamentariern, die sich im Thüringer Landtag mit Rot-Rot-Grün in mehrstündigen Sitzungen auf einen Kompromiss der vier Parteien geeinigt hatten. Der betreffende Skiurlaub fand vor den Verhandlungsrunden statt.

Auch Ramelow droht Quarantäne

Bis spätestens 19 Uhr am Dienstag soll ein Ergebnis vorliegen, ob der Corona-Verdacht zutrifft. Sollte der CDU-Abgeordnete infiziert sein, müsste nach SPIEGEL-Informationen auch der Ex-Ministerpräsident Bodo Ramelow unter Quarantäne. Ebenfalls betroffen wäre die gesamte CDU-Landtagsfraktion, die drei Verhandler der SPD, Grünen und Linken – ebenso die Mitglieder des Haushalts- und Finanzausschusses.

Für Mittwoch ist die Wahl des künftigen thüringischen Ministerpräsidenten geplant. Der Verdachtsfall könnte den Termin nun allerdings gefährden. Eine für Dienstag geplante Sitzung der CDU-Fraktion, in der sie sich noch einmal für den Wahltag besprechen will, soll dennoch stattfinden.

Nach dem Debakel um die Wahl des FDP-Politikers Thomas Kemmerich, der vor vier Wochen mit den Stimmen von CDU, Liberalen und AfD ins Amt gehievt wurde und nach einer Welle der Empörung kurz darauf wieder zurücktrat, will sich der frühere Regierungschef Bodo Ramelow am Mittwoch im Landtag erneut zur Wahl stellen.

FDP-Fraktion will bei der Wahl den Saal verlassen

Ramelows rot-rot-grünem Bündnis, mit dem er bereits in den vergangenen fünf Jahren regierte, fehlen im neuen Landtag vier Stimmen für eine Mehrheit. Deshalb ist er bei der Ministerpräsidentenwahl zumindest in den ersten beiden Wahlgängen auf Stimmen von CDU oder FDP angewiesen. Die Linke hofft auf einzelne CDU-Stimmen bereits im ersten Wahlgang. Mit AfD-Stimmen will Ramelow nicht ins Amt gewählt werden.

Allerdings hat die FDP-Fraktion inzwischen erklärt, bei der Wahl den Plenarsaal verlassen zu wollen, um ihre Ablehnung sowohl von Ramelow als auch des Thüringer AfD-Chefs Björn Höcke auszudrücken. "Wenn Sie dokumentieren wollen, dass Sie beide Kandidaten ablehnen, können Sie an dem Wahlgang nicht teilnehmen", sagte der Sprecher der Thüringer FDP-Fraktion, Thomas Philipp Reiter. Zur Begründung sagte er, dass die Stimmzettel keine Nein-Stimmen vorsähen. "Eine Enthaltung ist kein Nein." Es gebe einen entsprechenden Fraktionsbeschluss für den Plan.

Thüringens frisch gewählter CDU-Fraktionschef Mario Voigt wies hingegen Forderungen der Jungen Union (JU) nach einem Verlassen des Saals zurück. "Abgeordnete sind nicht dafür gewählt, sich aus der Verantwortung zu stehlen", sagte Voigt im MDR. Das gelte "auch beim Wahlakt und für jede andere sachliche Entscheidung danach auch - und deswegen ist das absolut keine Option".

Der JU-Vorsitzende Tilman Kuban hatte die Thüringer CDU-Abgeordneten zuvor aufgefordert, bei der Wahl des Ministerpräsidenten am Mittwoch den Plenarsaal zu verlassen. Die Beschlusslage der CDU lasse keine Zusammenarbeit mit AfD oder Linkspartei zu - "auch keine indirekte", sagte er den Zeitungen der Funke-Mediengruppe.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Begun, the Great Boomer Death has

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

System Metternich posted:

The Thuringia saga continues with a twist I honestly didn't see coming:

Welch Handlungszwirbler!