Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Those pastries look stale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

gschmidl posted:

I fear this is one of those "viral" videos where they just throw the food out afterwards, for which :thermidor:

Almost everything in these videos is faked. The strips you see in the bowl were definitely not cut with a paperclip. They're way too clean. The strips that are placed in the iron are not the same ones you see cooked. The final cooked product has way more egg than you see them placed in the irons with.

And all because the Youtube Algorithm makes it so you make much more money with quick viral fake videos like this than you do with legitimate cooking videos.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Even if was real, I doubt that "hot dog waffle omelette" is a thing anyone anywhere has wanted.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

RoboRodent posted:

Even if was real, I doubt that "hot dog waffle omelette" is a thing anyone anywhere has wanted.

I thought it looked pretty good. I mean, it would probably be easier to just make a regular hotdog+cheese omelette, but I'd try the waffle form at least.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I never realized so many people cooked with hot dogs before I saw all the lovely home recipes on the internet. I am very pro-hot dog but you just loving cook them and eat them. Put them on a bun or don't, add some condiments and grab a side.

If you want to put meat in a dish at least get something that's actually labeled sausage.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Finally saw some AFP in the wild at my local store:

Ranch banana chips

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

When you're trying to describe a flavor, "surprising" is the kind of thing you come up with when you're trying to spare the chef's feelings

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Strange flavor is actually good, but lol anyway. It's an accurate translation too, it's called strange flavor in Chinese.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

Finally saw some AFP in the wild at my local store:

Ranch banana chips

Plantain chips would make more sense

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Grand Fromage posted:

Strange flavor is actually good, but lol anyway. It's an accurate translation too, it's called strange flavor in Chinese.

You had me at "horse beans"

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

The Bloop posted:

You had me at "horse beans"

But that's the last part. Strange flavor wasn't enough for you huh

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/AnthonyMKreis/s...ingawful.com%2F

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

literally posted last page.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Zipperelli. posted:

literally posted last page.

My reaction went from revulsion to being onboard. I'd eat the weird hotdog egg waffles.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

My reaction went from revulsion to being onboard. I'd eat the weird hotdog egg waffles.

It was a hard No from me until it got hit with the beer cheese.

At that point: maybe.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Does this count?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

RatHat posted:

Does this count?

No, this thread is decidedly pro-mayo now, get with the times, dad.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I worry that bugs will be too allergenic for broad dispersal, alas. I'd like to be wrong on that.

Scarodactyl has a new favorite as of 09:00 on Mar 2, 2020

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

RatHat posted:

Does this count?

Last summer when the mason jar craze was big one mayo company did a promotion where they gave you a (horribly cheap) plastic lid and a straw with each jar of mayo and

you knew it was supposed to be for after you'd used up the mayo and washed the jar but it was not a good visual.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Grand Fromage posted:

I'd love to get root beer labeled Pain Cola in the states.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Grand Fromage posted:

I miss these bad boys.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
AFP: The Red Badge of Menace

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Bloop posted:

AFP: The Red Badge of Menace

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

I have encountered references to these for years (usually spelled “witchetty grubs”) and honestly they look more appealing than I had expected. Maybe would? :shrug:

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I think it's mostly 'meat' too, there aren't too many weird buggy parts sticking out. Like someone else said, that's that part that really skyrockets the ick factor.

I tried grilled crickets at some bar once and they came with no legs and head off and at that point pretty much looked (and kind of tasted) like a flat chicken wing.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What gets me is wtf do those things metamorphose into??

Wiki says moths, but like w... you mean like Mothra?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Data Graham posted:

What gets me is wtf do those things metamorphose into??

Wiki says moths, but like w... you mean like Mothra?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMksb_eMGp8

eta: Pretty much!

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

AlbieQuirky posted:

I have encountered references to these for years (usually spelled “witchetty grubs”) and honestly they look more appealing than I had expected. Maybe would? :shrug:

I would, but that presentation is still pretty gross. They looked a lot more appetizing on Survivorman after being cooked over a fire for a bit. I'm not sure if they are raw or what, but something looks unappetizing about it.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zipperelli. posted:

It was a hard No from me until it got hit with the beer cheese.

At that point: maybe.

Same, though it did make me realize no one has chopped chicken nuggets and cooked them in to a waffle as a food hack. Hell I'm honestly surprised that isn't a product like those weird rear end breakfast corn dogs.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

chicken slurry waffles just sound like a weird chicken burger

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Think more waffle with McNugget bits as a very :spergin: :hf: :effort: form of chicken and waffles.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Would, definitely would

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

OMG, new season of 600 pound life is blowing my mind, the first episode is in the town I went to HS in...anyway, this is this guy's first meal of the day:

Chili dogs are fine...but I can't imagine slamming 8 as soon as I wake up, and also a popcorn bowl full of cheese tots.

His brother's breakfast is similarly grand

ALL DAY BREAKFAST!!!

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 02:21 on Mar 3, 2020

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

The wrongest loving thread. I hope that's in here for the (now deprecated?) Food Fads aspect.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Load that fucker up with mustard and hard would

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Is that like the worlds largest mortadella or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Immortadella