Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Slaapaav posted:

i feel like the games are usually in my hands. if i play bad i lose, if i play good i win. when there is not a lot of players on the games are a lot more coinflip tho, the matchmaker is a forced to create uneven games it feels like

Yeah I like to think when I play good I win but check a couple posts up on my Scorpion defeat outclassing everyone and still losing.

Game is cursed and I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

One thing XVM is good for is giving you feedback on whether you lost because you played like rear end or you lost because the other team was full of purples.

Surprisingly few people have turned off their stats in-game.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Here is how I know I played like rear end:

Q: Did I play like rear end?

Dmg done (No / Maybe!) > Health of the tank I pilot. (Yes)

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Feb 29, 2020

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Vando posted:

I know you can only do your best and it's hard as hell to truly carry games but my god does it feel like I'm trapped in a random number generator feeding me only the most incompetent pubs as teammates as I lose ten games in a row
When the other flank's completely collapsed within a mere three loving minutes it's definitely not your fault.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

When the other flank's completely collapsed within a mere three loving minutes it's definitely not your fault.

My teams today seem to have a knack for doing this even with solid numerical/tier superiority, it's almost impressive.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Vando posted:

My teams today seem to have a knack for doing this even with solid numerical/tier superiority, it's almost impressive.

Had a Malinovka game where all we had to do at the Southern end of the South spawn was hold against anyone stupid enough to push across the field or road by the water.

Our T32, IS-3, Obj 277, FV4202 and 1 other dipshit I do not remember what tank they were in pushed the road one by one in that order. Getting shot on the way and picked off by a Bourrasque, T110E4 and whatever other bullshit they couldn't see further North.

5 tanks gone, would have been better if they'd just driven into the water and drowned. That at least would have been amusing.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Made it to Tier 6 and went ahead and purchased the Bourrasque. How do you pronouce it? "Boo-Hask"?

Only won one game out of the 6 games I battled but my single victory was with some good backup.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i have 40k left :)

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Katamari Democracy posted:

Made it to Tier 6 and went ahead and purchased the Bourrasque. How do you pronouce it? "Boo-Hask"?

Only won one game out of the 6 games I battled but my single victory was with some good backup.

It's pronounced a bit like boo-rask, but you need to roll the r. Personally I just call it the baguette.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Boo-Rask.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Decided to play a game or two.

Here's how my marathon weekend is going so far:

430U got ammoracked from full health trying to flip me

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

:tif: lemme guess, you won?

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
man i almost had the ace tanker but i choked a couple of shots. penned a baguette in the rear with HE shells loaded that was ment for a skorp g, i also penned an elc even on the move at 300 meters with HE.

my team even stopped the cap when i asked for it and then i choked on the cleanup :(

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5254758#arctic_region-slaapaav-m54_renegade

Slaapaav fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Mar 1, 2020

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hmm I have a 30% off coupon and the defender/252 is on sale.. I already have the defender but if I buy the 252 I can have two for frontlines...

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
can you combine coupons and sales? because i dont think you can?

i kinda wanted the mutz and i had a coupon that couldnt be combined yesterday :(

Slaapaav fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 1, 2020

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

the Defender isn't discounted so coupons apply to it.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I do wonder how many pubbies know the 252 is the exact same as the Defender. I bought the 252 way back when because I generally don't prefer tanks with a ton of superfluous poo poo on them.

...with the exception of some of the newer 3D styles.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
do you ever get those players that literally try to ape your movement? but they are in the wrong tank for it?

i just completely lose it sometimes because of them

Slaapaav fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Mar 1, 2020

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
I did it. i aced the renegade and got a radley walters!! 1586 base xp.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5255105#westfield-slaapaav-m54_renegade

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Dravs posted:

It's pronounced a bit like boo-rask, but you need to roll the r. Personally I just call it the baguette.

And my southern accent can't freakin do it. So I just call it like I see it "Boo-Rask". And yeah I am not doing very well in it. I just got done reading the wiki and watching the video for tips on playing the Bourrasque and I think I should have done it sooner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW_RCzBXstA

The tank right now in my hands is a bit out of my league; that isn't to say all of my games have been horrible. When the tank works the way its supposed to work it can be super mean. Right now I play it in medium ranges behind bushes, spot some tanks, fire twice and do as the French do and retreat. During the mid to late game that is when I usually flank smart while still staying in the shadows a bit.

Is it worth it? In my hands no. I still wanted the tank and im sure over time as I get better it will be. I have seen other players perform very well in this tank. So it's definitely not horrible.

Maybe down the road when I get more games in this under my belt I could provide more insight. Just do not spend $75 on it.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Man... the ST-II drives like a lard rear end. It's such a terrible loss of mobility coming from the IS-3-II. I suck at double barrel tanks, but I just wanted to complete the line.

I think I'm just going back to playing my premium tanks exclusively, with a focus on tiers 4-7.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Finished the marathon with an ace round in the T25 Pilot of all things.

Man I love the Bourrasque already.

Me in that goofy, white 3D style when I pull up and dump on enemy tanks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMisSii8VJI

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

moolchaba posted:

Man... the ST-II drives like a lard rear end. It's such a terrible loss of mobility coming from the IS-3-II. I suck at double barrel tanks, but I just wanted to complete the line.

I think I'm just going back to playing my premium tanks exclusively, with a focus on tiers 4-7.

what is your favorite premium in those tiers?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Casual play while being sick got me just under the 50% discount, so I crammed in a couple more games today juuust for a couple more XP to cross the finish line.

2k WN8, 43%WR

It was quite a goddamn slog, but at least it was in fun tanks.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

It's me, I'm the guy that thought the Burrasque was a light tank for like three consecutive matches.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
its a light tank that loses 25% camo when it moves

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

It's me, I'm the guy that thought the Burrasque was a light tank for like three consecutive matches.

Tbh if you play it like a light tank you will do fine in it. At the start you can harass the enemy, just don't lose any HP, if you are not dumping into the side of an enemy while it's engaged with someone else you are doing it wrong. Stay alive until the end because this is probably one of the best tanks in the game at mopping up the enemies once every one else is dead.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah, I've started to figure this thing out. Turning speed is a little annoying, so I'll grab clutch braking as soon as possible, but the loving shell speed on this thing, yeesh.
You get a quick peeking flank on anything, it eats 720 damage in 2 seconds. Crazy.

Yup, figured it out.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
need to learn how to handbrake turn to be effective in it.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Which tanks were cool enough to unlock before they get removed from the tech tree? I recall the AMX 30 being one of them, and I have about 380k free XP flying around

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Apparently the removed tanks are going to be available for credits at all tiers now so I wouldn't bother wasting xp on them at this point.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Which tanks were cool enough to unlock before they get removed from the tech tree? I recall the AMX 30 being one of them, and I have about 380k free XP flying around
I'm planning to get all of them because I'm stupid and hate myself enough to go through with such an idiotic idea (and I'm pretty much done anyway which helps a lot), but the AMX 30 is definitely one that's worth it.

The good news is that such changes are still months (maybe even a year) away from being implemented, so there's no need to go on a huge rush for tank x/y/z just yet.

World's Slowest Edit:

Vando posted:

Apparently the removed tanks are going to be available for credits at all tiers now so I wouldn't bother wasting xp on them at this point.
This is true but I imagine they'll also have brand-new remarkably inflated prices for no good reason (other than their new position as "special" vehicles with pre-set "top" configurations from Tier VI onward) so might as well grind out and buy 'em now (albeit preferably without blowing a pile of free xp in the process).

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Mar 2, 2020

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm planning to get all of them because I'm stupid and hate myself enough to go through with such an idiotic idea (and I'm pretty much done anyway which helps a lot), but the AMX 30 is definitely one that's worth it.

The good news is that such changes are still months (maybe even a year) away from being implemented, so there's no need to go on a huge rush for tank x/y/z just yet.

Ah, that's fine then. I already have like 70k XP on the Batchat 12t, and I just noticed I have a very odd amount of french light tanks in my garage despite not remembering ever going up different trees, I assume this is due to some tree split in the past?
Batchat 12t, AMX 1390, AMX 1357 (most fun tank in the game), premium EBR, and gently caress me, I even have an Even 90 with Santa Claus as a commander.

/ninja-edit: I guess I I was planning on getting a crew for the wheeled tanks at some point in the past, and didn't realize I already had a bunch of other light crews sitting around

/not so ninjaedit:

lol what the gently caress is this
12 premium tanks, 2 tech tree tanks

/welp: I have 27 tech tree tanks total, and 67 premium tanks :lol: I am the wallet warrior apparently

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Mar 2, 2020

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
French lights used to be something like 13 75 at T6, 13 90 at T7 so you'll have been given all the intervening tanks when they got shuffled round at various points

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

The only thing I have noticed is they have said that once the changes go through the next tanks in the tech tree will be auto unlocked, so if you unlocked the jpanther 2 then it will unlock the jtiger. This means the base gun on the jtiger will unlock on the jpanther 2, which is funnily enough the top gun and behind a 60k+ xp grind. Something to take into account at least to give some tactical boosts on the tech tree.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Duzzy Funlop posted:

lol what the gently caress is this
12 premium tanks, 2 tech tree tanks

/welp: I have 27 tech tree tanks total, and 67 premium tanks :lol: I am the wallet warrior apparently
Ten years of playing this loving game has resulted my garage hosting this atrocity:

:thumbsup:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Vando posted:

French lights used to be something like 13 75 at T6, 13 90 at T7 so you'll have been given all the intervening tanks when they got shuffled round at various points

I'm fairly sure I only had the 1390 (which used to be tier 8?), and then I somehow got a batchat 12t (which used to be tier 6?) too. I'm pretty sure the 1375 came at tier 7 after the tier 6 batchat 12t back in the day.

/edit: I guess since I had the 1390, and it got moved up a tier, I got the batchat 12t as well, and tier 6 is now an "AMX 12t"? Or maybe I had progressed through the AMX 12 t before and just misremember it as a batchat 12t, idk.
In any case, I have too loving many french light crew members.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Mar 2, 2020

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm fairly sure I only had the 1390 (which used to be tier 8?), and then I somehow got a batchat 12t (which used to be tier 6?) too. I'm pretty sure the 1375 came at tier 7 after the tier 6 batchat 12t back in the day.

/edit: I guess since I had the 1390, and it got moved up a tier, I got the batchat 12t as well, and tier 6 is now an "AMX 12t"? Or maybe I had progressed through the AMX 12 t before and just misremember it as a batchat 12t, idk.
In any case, I have too loving many french light crew members.

I believe AMC12t was the "12t" light tank before they made the changes and the BC-12t was a new one. When I came back I remember the AMX 12t (because I did well in the tank), but did not know why I had the BC-12t in my garage.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Hey, which mod is adding potential tier matching at the top of the tank pictures?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Slaapaav posted:

what is your favorite premium in those tiers?

Keep in mind these are all premium tanks that I have won or earned. I've never spent a dime on this game.

T-28E F30 at tier 4
Ram II at tier 5 (or T-34S)
T-34-85M at tier 6
Panther/M10 at tier 7
M49 something, french tank with rooster on side at tier 8

My faves are T-28E F30 and T-34-85M.