Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Crowetron posted:

A strategy game where you play as Doctor Doom controlling your dozens of Doombots as they set up an elaborate plan that will finally best that blasted Richards.

But you'd never win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Codependent Poster posted:

But you'd never win

At a certain point you unlock the "saving Richard's wife and unborn child" mission.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Skwirl posted:

At a certain point you unlock the "saving Richard's wife and unborn child" mission.

Doing it correctly nets you an achievement, a fuckton of XP, almost infinite in-game money and unlocks four costumes.

2% of the playerbase does it while the other 98% kills invisible woman and the kid to "own Richard"

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
All Doom requires from that meddlesome Richards is an acknowledgement of Doom's greatness... saving his wife and child while Richards is unable merely proves an obvious point which even the youngest citizen of Latveria can see!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
It occurs to me you could make one hwll of sn RPG with the Fourth World universe.

Someone competent should do this

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
platinumgames is running a kickstarter for what loooks like?? some sort of hero beat em up game

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/platinumgames/the-wonderful-101-remastered

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Oh yeah, Wonderfull 101 sucks

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

site posted:

platinumgames is running a kickstarter for what loooks like?? some sort of hero beat em up game

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/platinumgames/the-wonderful-101-remastered

That's awesome, The Wonderful 101 was a game I only ever had a chance to play in little chunks at other peoples' houses, but I remember it being a lot of fun.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It's no Viewtiful Joe, but Wonderful 101 is still a very charming game.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Lurdiak posted:

It's no Viewtiful Joe, but Wonderful 101 is still a very charming game.
The control scheme took some getting used to, but it's one of the better uses of the WiiU pad out there, and the game exudes love for Sentai/Power Ranger/Hero poo poo.

Plus it doesn't take itself super seriously. The ending is amazing

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

New thread music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvHKxnMv04k

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I know I posted it earlier in the thread, but Wonderful 101 is basically the closest anyone's gotten to a good Green Lantern game. A big corps of superheroes, constructs, and a final battle takes place in space against alien conquerors.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Mar 3, 2020

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I know it's only a mobile game (with all the crap that likely entails), but this trailer looks v. cool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3woPXLn9obE
I doubt the game can live up to it, but still.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Yvonmukluk posted:

I know it's only a mobile game (with all the crap that likely entails), but this trailer looks v. cool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3woPXLn9obE
I doubt the game can live up to it, but still.

NetMarble is honestly very generous in their games. It's not as scummy as most, so I have my hopes. Future Fight is a pretty great game as it is.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

FilthyImp posted:

The control scheme took some getting used to, but it's one of the better uses of the WiiU pad out there, and the game exudes love for Sentai/Power Ranger/Hero poo poo.

Plus it doesn't take itself super seriously. The ending is amazing
Highly recommend the Chip & Ironicus LP of it too

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
That is something I wonder about. How do you translate the Wii U controls to a ps4? Steam/pc makes sense with a mouse.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

CzarChasm posted:

That is something I wonder about. How do you translate the Wii U controls to a ps4? Steam/pc makes sense with a mouse.

PS4 touchpad?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

CzarChasm posted:

Using the gamepad to draw the symbols was just a little novelty. The way you’re meant to do it was with the right joystick for quicker combos
At any rate, wonderful 101 is one of the best action games and superhero teams video game ever made, so don’t sleep on it

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

It didn't click for me when it came out but in quarantine, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is feeding the deepest of brainworms for me. I finally finished the regular story and I've been grinding up a second playthrough along with trying to unlock some of the DLC characters. I'm doing the epilogue but one of the final bosses is a loving bitch who requires either a lot more levels to brute force or a lot more cooperation to finish normally.

I'm trying to remember what the best parties are but I've found Wolverine + projectile synergy does a lot of good work which has gotten me far but I think there's better out there.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sony just announced a new Spider-Man game, "Spider-Man: Miles Morales" coming this year for the PS5.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i hope it looks like spider verse

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Looks like it is pretty much in the same style as the ps4 Spider-Man game.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
It seems too early for it to be a full open world sequel to PS4 Spider-Man to me, not even two years since that last one came out. Possibly a sort teaser thing? Like £30 and a bunch of missions with Miles and his new mechanics with a smaller chunk of open world with the story being him learning his powers with Pete as the mentor and then a sequel with both characters playable later and following up the story stuff from the first game? Sony has form doing that, they made an Infamous game with the girl with the light powers that was apparently better than the main game it was based on.

If it is actually a full sequel coming out in time for christmas then hell yeah I guess.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jun 11, 2020

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

BiggerBoat posted:

Dr. Strange - I'm thinking something like Portal meets...I don't know...Inception maybe? Picturing something light on combat but heavy on weird spatial puzzles and trippy, twisty environments that you can alter with different spells. Maybe like the two different dimensions of the old Soul Reaver game. You could do some really freaky poo poo with the environments.
Make it a knock-off of Control. You can levitate, have telekinetic powers, etc.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

thebardyspoon posted:

It seems too early for it to be a full open world sequel to PS4 Spider-Man to me, not even two years since that last one came out. Possibly a sort teaser thing? Like £30 and a bunch of missions with Miles and his new mechanics with a smaller chunk of open world with the story being him learning his powers with Pete as the mentor and then a sequel with both characters playable later and following up the story stuff from the first game? Sony has form doing that, they made an Infamous game with the girl with the light powers that was apparently better than the main game it was based on.

If it is actually a full sequel coming out in time for christmas then hell yeah I guess.

This is my guess. Kinda like what Infamous First Light was. It'll be a shorter game to focus on Miles and get us used to his powers. The full sequel will have both Peter and Miles playable.

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 11, 2020

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

thebardyspoon posted:

I mean, if you think about it, it's going to be set in New York so they have a whole buttload of assets to reuse.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Peter dying was such an important part of Miles becoming Spider-Man originally its kinda funny all the stuff with both of them.

It's kinda like if they decided to make it so Uncle Ben just got winged.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/EvNarc/status/1271197137225879553?s=19

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
loving sold.

The only thing I'm worried about is I really don't want them to off Peter and I just feel like it's something that has a high probability of happening.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
This is just a side sequel spin off ala Uncharted: Lost Legacy so it's almost certainly just mostly reused assets in preparation for a Spider-Man 2 with both guys in it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/spider-man-miles-morales-is-a-remaster-and-expansion-sony-clarifies

Yup, what Dan says. Im guessing like this is seeing what they can add with ps5, rachet is what they can do from the ground up with ps5 and piderman 2 will be bigger with lessons learned from both.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So they're saying it's a re-release of the original game made for the PS5 with a Miles expansion built in.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Ahhh I see.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I'm cool with that, I think they should just nut up and make a Miles Morales game by itself, but I like the concept and it makes sense from a business perspective.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Sony's messaging has been extremely confused, but apparently it's a shorter stand-alone game and does not include the original PS4 game's content. which is what I would have assumed based on the title and trailer in the first place. dunno why their PR folks couldn't just say that

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1271468048017432577

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Good to see that no one can agree on what this game actually is lol. Off to a great start

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The exec who gave that first interview is head of the business side of Playstation Europe, so he probably just confused some information he had. The Miles game is almost certainly re-using the map and other assets from Spider-Man with some tuneups.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Barry Convex posted:

Sony's messaging has been extremely confused, but apparently it's a shorter stand-alone game and does not include the original PS4 game's content. which is what I would have assumed based on the title and trailer in the first place. dunno why their PR folks couldn't just say that

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1271468048017432577

I hope it isn't full priced if it's Lost Legacy, and if it isn't a remaster then I hope it comes out for the PS4, too. I love Spider-Man but I don't want to buy a PS5 at launch just for this game.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/shaun_vids/status/1271468518396043265

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Sony and their fans love cops, what can I say?

Dan Didio posted:

Incredibly sad gimmick.

I know, they should knock it off.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jun 13, 2020