Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

"this time the war is just!" the bluecheck mark screeches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

News agencies should stop it with the URGENT BREAKING READ NOW poo poo.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Darkman Fanpage posted:

"this time the war is just!" the bluecheck mark screeches.

neo-cons, neo-cons never change

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Lambert posted:

News agencies should stop it with the URGENT BREAKING READ NOW poo poo.

yeah, all that poo poo is implied by it being news

it's heavy though, they are putting up some swinging dick casualty numbers

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

seems like russia have hosed the syrians here

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

gh0stpinballa posted:

everyone has hosed the Syrians.

oh, you mean the Assad forces?

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

seeing the media spooks drooling over turkey and al qaeda killing people is giving me bad 2016 flashbacks

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Dante80 posted:

everyone has hosed the Syrians.

oh, you mean the Assad forces?

it's a conscript army

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

gh0stpinballa posted:

it's a conscript army

Fighting a civil war. What I was trying to say is that the whole thing is a giant clusterfuck and the syrian people - civilians, women and children) are those that have been getting hosed for a decade now. From everyone.

Dante80 has issued a correction as of 02:24 on Mar 2, 2020

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

gh0stpinballa posted:

I think Syrian commanders might be frustrated but the Russians are still proving to be more useful allies to them than the Soviets were

I say as someone who wishes the Soviet Union never fell

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
zero chance russia abandons syria for turkey after all they did in this war

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the lion will be running all of west asia by spring

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
d&d is leaking......

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

paul_soccer12 posted:

zero chance russia abandons syria for turkey after all they did in this war

the lack of Russian activity ever since the strike that started all of this has been really strange and it's making me wonder what exactly they're planning.

there has been a disputed report of a single Russian airstrike on another Turkish position a few hours ago, with Turkey claiming that it was actually Syrian artillery. While obviously Turkish sources lie about poo poo all the time, in this particular case I'm inclined to believe them, because it'd be weird as hell for the Russians to react to all this poo poo with one small strike on a relatively minor target.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I wish the Russians did what they did during a Ukrainian offensive in Donbas once, where they rolled up two Mechanized Battalions in about 10 minutes with MRLS fire.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/Rowaida_Abdel/status/1234314816002646017

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/60Minutes/status/1234282349531189249

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
very cool of 60 minutes to give that guy more attention

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

The Navy tried to let people know there is such a thing as too much war crimes and proposed to demote this guy for a couple months, but that was too much for Trump. Then they proposed taking away one piece of his flare, so Trump stepped in and took away flare from the prosecutors. Man, imagine feeling that the loss of a pin essentially ends your life.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Are the SEALs just very good at PR? I don’t understand how what started as an underwater demolition team became the world’s most famous group of war criminals.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

The center right government here in Greece has projected in all possible terms that the borders are closed and "invaders" won't come in.
Tomorrow, the army and navy has publicly announced live fire exercises both in Evros and in the sea.
The media here is playing non stop propaganda style videos of Turks helping criminals to pass the border

Yes, my government is going to kill a lot of people this time. Here in Athens, Anarchists and unions, left organizations and some ngos are trying to mobilize for a demonstration tomorrow. I don't think we will be able to do anything concrete to help those people tho.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

got an out-of-the-blue friend request from a teenager in kabul. he's an english tutor and makes $40/month. he's pashtun and says the general sentiment among his social circle and family is that the government should take the deal; people are sick of fighting. he was born after the first US troops set foot on the ground

i haven't asked about anime yet

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

i say swears online posted:

got an out-of-the-blue friend request from a teenager in kabul. he's an english tutor and makes $40/month. he's pashtun and says the general sentiment among his social circle and family is that the government should take the deal; people are sick of fighting. he was born after the first US troops set foot on the ground

i haven't asked about anime yet

johnny chimpo

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

swimsuit posted:

d&d is leaking......
half a million dead civilians and 7 million more displaced, but truly assad did nothing wrong and is the victim here. le epic lion assad maymay

sum
Nov 15, 2010

cargo cult posted:

half a million dead civilians and 7 million more displaced, but truly assad did nothing wrong and is the victim here. le epic lion assad maymay

CSPAM is full of tankie idiots who don't understand nuance, unlike myself, who believes that a gargantuan decade-long civil war would never have happened if only the bad mustache man liked democracy more

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

sum posted:

CSPAM is full of tankie idiots who don't understand nuance, unlike myself, who believes that a gargantuan decade-long civil war would never have happened if only the bad mustache man liked democracy more

yeah those drat tankies are justifying mass murder left and right. this is totally a thing that happens and it's not like westerners demanding constant denunciations of evil dictators have ever caused any problems

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah

cargo cult posted:

lol

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
the only valid opinions about syria are to earnestly call assad the lion of damascus or to become a bappist

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
or be a neo-jannisary

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lmao at missing sarcasm

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
ah yes the sarcasm i missed

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

i guess we're doing this again
https://twitter.com/EliotHiggins/status/1234432705326088193?s=20

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

thats whats bappin

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah

dw he has a photo ready

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Weird that he always uses gas right when he was about to defeat a pocket of rebels with conventional forces

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/HenryKrinkIe/status/1234642963659198464

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

cargo cult posted:

He did do nothing wrong.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Really perplexed why Assad toggled the switch that said multi-year drought.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Eliot Piggins