Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
who let all these liberals in here? don’t you all have Biden lawn signs to put up or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

who let all these liberals in here? don’t you all have Biden lawn signs to put up or something?

Thanks for the reminder that C-Spam thinks "don't do slurs" means you're not a real leftist

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Where are the bros saying the slurs?

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

pookel posted:

Thanks for the reminder that C-Spam thinks "don't do slurs" means you're not a real leftist

Just keep writing fanfic and screaming "that's not fair".

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/IGD_News/status/1234559001981005825?s=20

read that sentence

just read it

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
White Supremacist Rapper "Cheddar Mane" :eyepoop:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

pookel posted:

sorry about your brain damage

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

pookel posted:

also if you don't post about how everyone assad killed deserved it you're not a leftist

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

cargo cult posted:

also if you don't post about how everyone assad killed deserved it you're not a leftist

aren't you the guy who called AOC "latina khaleesi" to own the Bros

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

i read this yesterday. she seems to be one of those people who seems to think CTH is far more racist and misogynist than they actually are (a mistake i'm guilty of making myself)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
the dirtbag left is the real altright :thunk:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
yeah I don’t like Chapo but that insane tweet thread is well insane

it’s definitely has a conclusion, work backwards towards an argument

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

i think someone in the podcast thread said it best:

cum town is what people who hate CTH think CTH sounds like

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
"class reductionist" is a term I don't ever want to hear again.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Mr Interweb posted:

i read this yesterday. she seems to be one of those people who seems to think CTH is far more racist and misogynist than they actually are (a mistake i'm guilty of making myself)

Her argument goes a little more like this.

https://twitter.com/threadreaderapp/status/1234607568594636801

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Friedersdorf, though, was merely building an addition on a house of cards first constructed by Hillary Clinton during the 2016 presidential primary campaign: “If we broke up the big banks tomorrow,” she famously asked, “would that end racism? Would that end sexism? Would that end discrimination against the LGBT community? Would that make people feel more welcoming to immigrants overnight?”

It was a daring and adroit deception: Ignore this structural salve that would upset the status quo, she implied, because it won’t resolve that more personal, more visceral issue which goes straight to the heart of your identity.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

it seems to me that the premise is "no-accounts white boys will perpetually embezzle stage time and money from your leftist movement organization (not to mention the assault/threats of assault/casually walking out) if you don't stop them" and the conclusion is "these dirtbag left guys sound a lot like previous dirtbags I've encountered on the left" but it is kind of written in reverse order, because the conclusion is the currently-relevant bit and that's how twitter makes you write

if you want to say that you don't believe the guy described in the thread did the things she says he did, please say that out loud, because I'm not hearing it otherwise

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

is anybody ITT really super worked up about Chapo, specifically

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

CharlestheHammer posted:

yeah I don’t like Chapo but that insane tweet thread is well insane
So, to sum up, you'd say she's hysterical?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Flesh Forge posted:

is anybody ITT really super worked up about Chapo, specifically

I am

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists
why are we arguing about a liberal's take on a particular group of leftists in the alt-right thread to begin with

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
people sure love their podcasts

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Is there not a Chapo thread where people love to gather and talk about Chapo things, because I'm pretty sure this is not that thread

MaxieSatan posted:

why are we arguing about a liberal's take on a particular group of leftists in the alt-right thread to begin with

I don't fuckin know :confused:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

pookel posted:

yeah but I haven’t seen a long tweet thread that isn’t hysterical to be fair.

unless it’s by some reporter I guess

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

pookel posted:

It's possible to support universal health care AND not do slurs, is the thing.

pookel posted:

pookel posted:

these posts really suck. really just not very good at all

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
what slurs exactly is chapo using?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Flavius Aetass posted:

what slurs exactly is chapo using?

felix said the R word as recently as 2017!!!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I think I have heard them say bitch once or twice, idk I rarely listen to them :shrug:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

pookel posted:

yes but the other definition of 'hysterical' than the one you're implying

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

MaxieSatan posted:

When you say "liberal" here you're talking about Gwen Snyder, who I believe is in the IWW

just checking

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Yeah Gwen Snyder has legit hard core turboleftist cred, in case you didn't read the first third of the earlier tweet thread

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

MaxieSatan posted:

because rude podcast men are [shines flashlight under my face] the alt-left!!!

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

No one is making rape threats, that is an outrageous exageration. Matt needled her because he suspected this meltdown would follow. They will never give an inch on anything because they know showing weakness will invite more bullshit from people who will never be satisfied.

Gwen is not a wartime consigliere.

Dmitri-9 has issued a correction as of 23:56 on Mar 2, 2020

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Juul-Whip posted:

felix said the R word as recently as 2017!!!

Flesh Forge posted:

I think I have heard them say bitch once or twice, idk I rarely listen to them :shrug:

so C-SPAM but more careful about language

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

i mean, tim pool is way more popular than chapo, he was one of those insufferable bros at occupy, he still poses as "centre left", he sells Jim Bakker slop buckets and his content is actually fash. So in her infinite wisdom and cred this woman decides to go after... a few nice boys who never set out to become popular or successful and are empirically not grifters but they committed the unforgivable crime of saying something is "retarded" or w/e

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Virgil Texas is a gamer and therefore has said it with the hard r

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Oh hey look a thread about *&*(*(*(* THE PODDDD CASSSSSTTTSSSS S*((*(*(*&(*

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3891477

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

Yeah Gwen Snyder has legit hard core turboleftist cred, in case you didn't read the first third of the earlier tweet thread

that doesn’t make her perfect either.

her argument fundamentally relies on the lib version of idpol and I would be careful,with that kind of stuff

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

MaxieSatan posted:

trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

chapo weirdos gtfo, nobody cares about your new york media mutants