Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i never understood how people could project any kind of personality onto ivanka. like i imagine she and kushner go home and sit in silence reading skymall catalogues or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
are you telling me that a rich socialite grifter from one of the world's shittiest families is

a republican?? wtfffffff

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I am now posting from town meeting

ready to do some democracy

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

Joementum posted:

yeah ok look just keep us updated on number

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

trap sprung

ivanka is also a vapid idiot grifter. she just has a persona that appeals to you more.

Appeals to Trump more. She's a suckup to the one person who could pay off bigly. Assuming she gets the lion's share of the will. After all, who else is he going to leave his wealth to?

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

cumshitter posted:

i never understood how people could project any kind of personality onto ivanka. like i imagine she and kushner go home and sit in silence reading skymall catalogues or something

literal paper doll, boo

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Durf posted:

the NYC/DC elite all go to the same fundraisers and parties regardless of supposed political affiliation

its rich vs not

No War but the Class War

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

Hillary 2020 posted:

Appeals to Trump more. She's a suckup to the one person who could pay off bigly. Assuming she gets the lion's share of the will. After all, who else is he going to leave his wealth to?

bernie

it would be his ultimate test of heart, on whether he accepts it or not

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

cumshitter posted:

Sign me up, that sounds fun

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

are you guys telling me you seriously don't remember the couple months of stupid "maybe Jared and Ivanka will restrain his worst impulses so their New York friends won't ostracize them" articles around the time of Trump's inauguration?

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

cumshitter posted:

I honestly thought that, for as insanely creepy as his response was, her answer to what they have in common was even worse. imagine naming "real estate" as the thing you have in common with your parent

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

tenderjerk posted:

There absolutely were

This kind of expectation was fairly weak and short lived iirc

democrats think up some really dumb poo poo sometimes!

upper class white women feeling there was some solidarity after "PUMA" "HER TURN" and still believe their next on top of the heap and surely one of there's won't betray them! sure there are kids in cages but abortion and maternity leaves Ivanka has to support, LEAN IN! then Ivanka through feminist solidarity out the window for personal power and to become royalty like the kennedy family and they had a sad.

the argument was entirely "she can't be a bad person, she's an educated urban liberal feminist", and then kavanaugh and the threat to roe v wade and they realized that she was lovely when the leopard ate their face

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

The Nastier Nate posted:

Wait is that a real quote? I thought that was just a joke thread title

It's real

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

trump

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
Don Jr becoming a rising star in conservative punditry is the REAL story here. why aren't you writing about THAT, new york times??

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

cumshitter posted:

if by skymall catalogues you mean the patents she's grifted in the last few years, then yeah

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

lorn Wayne posted:

yeah ok look just keep us updated on number

according to the warning it is going to go up

I’m mostly here to vote to approve sewage system repairs which some people in town are against

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1234612348008247296

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Who?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

tacodaemon posted:

are you guys telling me you seriously don't remember the couple months of stupid "maybe Jared and Ivanka will restrain his worst impulses so their New York friends won't ostracize them" articles around the time of Trump's inauguration?

it was really funny at the time and it's funny now too

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DryGoods posted:

THC causes coronavirus

proceed the weedian

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

tacodaemon posted:

I do. But then Jared failed to solve the Middle East's political problems and Ivanka failed to do anything except sell clothes and it became very obvious that people were just projecting.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Rubellavator posted:

I feel like there were some dumb opinion pieces like that.

yea, and they were written by maggie. lmao

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Hillary 2020 posted:

I do. But then Jared failed to solve the Middle East's political problems and Ivanka failed to do anything except sell clothes and it became very obvious that people were just projecting.

also macys betrayed trump by removing ivankas brand (as they normally do for their worst sellers)

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

dumb Trump opinion pieces, you say?

doesn't ring a bell, sorry

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

In 2014-15 the state of Indiana experienced “the largest concentrated outbreak of HIV ever documented in the United States.” Most the cases were linked to drug use, specifically the injection of opioids.

At the time there was a ban on needle exchanges throughout the state, despite such programmes being a proven method of HIV prevention. Before the crisis broke, Pence was a fervent critic of needle exchanges, and continued to oppose them for months after the crisis emerged.

“The truth was HIV/AIDS was being spread by people sharing needles and intravenous drug use, and the state of Indiana under my direction did not allow for providing a needle exchange to citizens,” he claimed.

He said that when the CDC made a recommendation, he made it possible for the needle exchange program to happen for 30 days after declaring a medical emergency.

He continued: “I’m proud to say that every one of those patients was treated, [and] we ended the spread of the HIV/AIDS virus… And I’m proud of the work that we did in the state of Indiana, and I hope to continue to bring all of the best minds together to deal with this issue."

Pence is proud of Indiana beating out West Virginia in The Most Concentrated HIV in Recorded US History race.

(also, when the US CDC declares a medical emergency that state's governor may as well go gently caress/get hosed by some horses because they have no power to do anything else after that point)

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

cumshitter posted:

also macys betrayed trump by removing ivankas brand (as they normally do for their worst sellers)

not to mention nordstrom (more like nerdstrom)

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
those takes were right up there with "oh no, melania is IMPRISONED with cheeto man and HATES HIM, we must save her"

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

this should be used as an example as to why a country should not be run like a loving business

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

It's wild in the same way that I eat a bunch of Arby's and then need to poo poo.

Sure the poo poo is pretty eventful but in no way "wild."

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Joementum posted:

https://twitter.com/teamjoe/status/1233907573377699842?s=21

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

cumshitter posted:

she was also pushing for nationwide maternal leave (while not giving it to her own employees) and i guess she was sort of seen as a rockefeller democrat or something?f

whatever, all of the trump children suck

she definitely had a propaganda campaign going to portray her as 'the good one' so that her manhattan socialite friends wouldnt treat her like coronavirus

she is definitely bad

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Watch the Democrats trip over their own feet after being shown exactly where to hit their opponent.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

blmao if you wake up every morning and remember anything from before that moment

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Totally
Halts
Coronavirus

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:
"lol hi yes let me retread calvin klein's tj maxx-level redline boilerplate and expect ppl to be in love with it" - ivanka trump's assistant, probably

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
holy poo poo Chris Matthews is quitting

this is his last show

wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
end of an error