Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Thunderhowl is a wolf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Call it a woof if you want, that's a cyber-raccoon puking up spoiled energon from behind Shockwave's lab. Thunderhowling it all up.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Nodosaur posted:

Thunderhowl is a wolf.

The toy is a pretty bad likeness to the show character who bursts in with both of his modes conspicuously elaborate and lovingly detailed wolf and robot modes. The way he barges in and talks like a dnd character and looks like one in robot mode and oh he has electric powers and a long backstory really makes him feel like a writers oc, except he's kind of just Silverbolt again.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Spiderdrake posted:

Call it a woof if you want, that's a cyber-raccoon puking up spoiled energon from behind Shockwave's lab. Thunderhowling it all up.

I want to believe!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Hemingway To Go! posted:

The toy is a pretty bad likeness to the show character

That's too bad, but it's still a rad toy imo and it'll probably end up on my shelf all the same

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Gonna Thunderhowl so hard at TFCon in a couple of weeks.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

juggalo baby coffin posted:

referring to puking as a tChunderhowl from now on
:smugbert:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Thunderhurl

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nodosaur posted:

Thunderhowl is a wolf.

Thunderwolf is a howl.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Nodosaur posted:

Thunderhowl is a wolf.

A robit pretending to be a wolf.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Chunderhowl is a pro-tier username

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/TheSLNOfficial/status/1234677249246294018

JFC

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Hemingway To Go! posted:

The toy is a pretty bad likeness to the show character who bursts in with both of his modes conspicuously elaborate and lovingly detailed wolf and robot modes. The way he barges in and talks like a dnd character and looks like one in robot mode and oh he has electric powers and a long backstory really makes him feel like a writers oc, except he's kind of just Silverbolt again.

He’s too much of a dork to be a self insert, really

And yeah the toy isn’t too great looking sadly

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Amazing

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Anora posted:

Lio Convoy
JFC

Isn't this a ~$270 figure? That Lion mode is some atrocious My Little Pony poo poo too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
$140-180 depending on where you buy and it's incredibly screen accurate.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

theres the perfect effect leonidas, who looks a lot cooler and is slightly cheaper and much better made.

he's less show accurate, but i think for a lot of people that is a bonus, at least for the beast mode.

a big problem i had with the japan exclusive beast wars toys is a lot of them had basically 0 articulation in animal mode, being big ol shell formers.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Rhyno, I hope you enjoy your new Leo and I hope that it is very cool!

I’d like to grab something for like $30-50 to finally ship my MMC Tyrantron for free (because that just makes financial sense) but I don’t know what.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lio Convoy was due to arrive today but it is still at the Dayton DHL hub.

Japan to Ohio in 14 hours and then it sits in Dayton for 12 more. I just want my Lion bot!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Ravage can have little a energon, as a treat.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I opened ER Hoist. He’s pretty good, but that huge empty space at the front of his altmode is really unsightly.

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011
Speaking of Lio Convoy; look what turned up today!

"FINALS MAY BE VARY"

runwiled fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Mar 4, 2020

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

why the gently caress does showZ need a month to reimburse me for shipping their own package back to them?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That sucks, I've never had to ship anything back so I have experience with that.

My MP Lio arrived while I was sleeping and now I have to work so no toy time til like 11am!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Woah!

https://i.imgur.com/0sym9AY.mp4

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God Golly

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Looks pretty great, did you have any of the QC issues mentioned in that tweet posted earlier?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Looks pretty great, did you have any of the QC issues mentioned in that tweet posted earlier?

I have a tiny paint chip scrape but I don't know if I did it. That is all. I had to use a video for the transformation because there were two steps that didn't feel like they should work but they did.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Be careful with his chest.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I had no issues, the paint scrape is on the protrusion for his insignia. I cant see how I would have caused it but it's not visible from dead on. I will probably never put him back into beast mode as robot mode is so amazing.

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008

Rhyno posted:

God Golly

I know that his feet are supposed to just look like that but my brain sees the paws and thinks "they must have forgot a step."

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I really like the sculpt and the white and maybe it's just the photo but that red looks baaaaaaad.

Is that the barrier / ramp guy in the background? He any good?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Spiderdrake posted:

I really like the sculpt and the white and maybe it's just the photo but that red looks baaaaaaad.

Is that the barrier / ramp guy in the background? He any good?

I found one in the wild. He sure is a ramp! About as posable as the other battlemasters.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I like his Ultra Magnussy colours. But yes, he is a ramp, and not a great one?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
How do you define a "good ramp"

Also just found out Crosshair's canopy is double jointed so it sits more flush...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
It's just real rampy, you can roll some stuff off of it real good.

Real good.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Anora posted:

when those drat autobots can't stop ramping off each other's battlemasters long enough to figure out what guns to put in their 5mm pegholes

also probably whether or not combining with the other basemode stuff works effectively

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Anora posted:

I was expecting one end of the ramp part to touch the ground, but his robot parts make that hard unless the ramp is nearly vertical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Here is a review of MP Leo that covers the potential issues quite a bit.

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/written-review-and-tips-for-handling-transformers-mp-48-lio-convoy/44601/