Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
lol Chris Mathews resigned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

emfive posted:

people are going to use like bulldozers etc to drive up to the border wall and knock holes in it right

now I want to see dudes start welding rings to the fence, and wenching it over to the Mexican side to scrap

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
I'm drunk

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/JessforDelaware/status/1234678942100910082

he is bad

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Aglet56 posted:

I'm drunk

you're ready for Wall deconstruction duty, drive your bulldozer to Nogales asap

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
God Bless all the candidates tomorrow

even those who left the race

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

donated another $69.69

e: is she thinking about how to deal with the cadre of extreme weirdos who've been donating money

emfive has issued a correction as of 07:19 on Mar 3, 2020

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Aglet56 posted:

I'm drunk

me too life is good. looking forward to tomorrow when the DNC eats poo poo

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

Solarin posted:

imo, tbh, death to america iirc

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
like the best part about klobs and buttgay dropping out today is that this was the DNC being as ruthless as they can possibly be but also handling poo poo like a guy who woke up monday morning hungover as poo poo and realizing he's already 10 minutes late to his court hearing to finally relinquish custody of his 28 year old straight son because his ex-wife is a spiteful bitch

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

emfive posted:

donated another $69.69

e: is she thinking about how to deal with the cadre of extreme weirdos who've been donating money

considering the entire team is extreme weirdos and depressives, i think we're long past the problem of "how to deal"

thank you for the donation though!

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

emfive posted:

lol Chris Mathews resigned

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
fun story: i made a joke picture i posted here of my weed edibles and cats and a post it note with a reminder of my court meeting to relinquish custody of my child

i forgot to throw away the note and when my ex stopped by to hang out she found it on the kitchen counter. we just hung out like normal but like a couple days later she texted me:

"Cumshitter, do you have a son?"

"no why would u think that?"

"I found the note, Tom. It said you had a court date to relinquish custody???"

and then i had to update her on the rich cumshitter mythos. thankfully there is a wiki now

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
the latest update to the cumshitter saga is that i still have a pediatrician as my primary caregiver because i am only 49.75 years young, and also i have been told by casting directors that i could play as young as a fetus at three weeks of development. i got it goin' on

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

emfive posted:

people are going to use like bulldozers etc to drive up to the border wall and knock holes in it right

e: of course after turning right, or maybe left

what if they outfit the wall with a no-bulldoze provisor

augias
Apr 7, 2009

cumshitter posted:

the latest update to the cumshitter saga is that i still have a pediatrician as my primary caregiver because i am only 49.75 years young, and also i have been told by casting directors that i could play as young as a fetus at three weeks of development. i got it goin' on

Our only handsome boy itt is truml

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

it's 1:37 in the morning

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1234728725574561792

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

hy does he callhim Jerome

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
so happy that klobuchar dropped out. i work near little armenia town and i cant wait to tell every pale man with one eyebrow to eat poo poo tomorrow

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

he absolutely will not shut the gently caress up about the fed rate, I know it's a mix of number go up and cheapening his own business debt but goddamn

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
he doesn't know what the fed rate is except the hogs at goldman hoot every time it's something

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Siri, what are taxes?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

cumshitter posted:

so happy that klobuchar dropped out. i work near little armenia town and i cant wait to tell every pale man with one eyebrow to eat poo poo tomorrow

just poo poo cum all over the nearest white SL550 it gets the point across better

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Someone tell Trump that he can just print more money and everyone will be rich.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/ztsamudzi/status/1234733520779726848

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

FAUXTON posted:

he absolutely will not shut the gently caress up about the fed rate, I know it's a mix of number go up and cheapening his own business debt but goddamn

i dont know how the fed rate would affect trumps business unless he is issuing corporate bonds

the point of lowering the fed rate is to make it cheaper for corporations to issue debt (bonds) as a way to fund business ventures. municipal bonds are tax free to residents of the state where they're issued, so they offer lower rates. treasury bonds and notes are taxable but they also have a guaranteed payment because the US government can print more money to meet their obligations. corporate bonds are only backed by being the first in line in case of bankruptcy if the issuer defaults.

corporate bonds have to pay more, in this order, than treasury and municipal bonds because of the risk premium involved, even if investment grade bonds are low risk. reducing the fed rate only lowers the barrier to corporations issuing bonds, since they can write off a portionn of their debt payments to owners of said bonds for a tax reduction. the only other alternative businesses have to raise funds is to issue stock, but that doesn't allow them to take tax deductions from either the issuance or the payment of dividends if they choose to pay dividends

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
https://twitter.com/owillis/status/...607697540063234

hahaha

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

for all we know there is a covenant somewhere that trumps gets a bazillion buckaroos if the fed rate ever goes negative and this has all be a long con

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

trump!

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
president good brain

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

tacodaemon posted:

at the rally trump predicts a vaccine for the novel coronavirus "relatively soon" and says he thinks "something to make you better" will be available even sooner

i love my president, all things being possible through him

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

thats pretty

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
love how my president shoves his hands straight up his armpits when hes nervous like molly shannon playing her late 90's catholic schoolgirl character

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

cumshitter posted:

i dont know how the fed rate would affect trumps business unless he is issuing corporate bonds

the point of lowering the fed rate is to make it cheaper for corporations to issue debt (bonds) as a way to fund business ventures. municipal bonds are tax free to residents of the state where they're issued, so they offer lower rates. treasury bonds and notes are taxable but they also have a guaranteed payment because the US government can print more money to meet their obligations. corporate bonds are only backed by being the first in line in case of bankruptcy if the issuer defaults.

corporate bonds have to pay more, in this order, than treasury and municipal bonds because of the risk premium involved, even if investment grade bonds are low risk. reducing the fed rate only lowers the barrier to corporations issuing bonds, since they can write off a portionn of their debt payments to owners of said bonds for a tax reduction. the only other alternative businesses have to raise funds is to issue stock, but that doesn't allow them to take tax deductions from either the issuance or the payment of dividends if they choose to pay dividends

prime rate is calculated off the fed rate and if trump has debt that adjusts based on prime he pays less when the fed rate gets cut

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

yeah we just had tornado sirens going off here.. what's his excuse

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

oh my godddd

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Bearjew posted:

he's Your President

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Bearjew posted:

when the president does it, it's not evidence of a disorder

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

FAUXTON posted:

prime rate is calculated off the fed rate and if trump has debt that adjusts based on prime he pays less when the fed rate gets cut
"if" ... he's in the real estate business

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

also his brain is filled with rocks and piss so he probably believes the national debt's interest is the fed funds rate