Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Hulk is bottom tier and the fact that he keeps getting a drive is one of life’s biggest mysteries

boy do I have a spoiler for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Frond posted:

Perez is better than Hulkenberg.

perez has managed to get on the podium several times, unlike shitfaceberg

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

NtotheTC posted:

boy do I have a spoiler for you

Well you know what I meant

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Gasly isn’t terrible terrible, but he couldn’t deal with the Red Bull. Albon himself said the Red Bull was a handful compared to the Toro Rosso.

the kentucky quid posted:

It’s a mentality thing. They/KTM treat their riders the exact same way in MotoGP.

So, an Austrian thing.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

track day bro! posted:

perez has managed to get on the podium several times, unlike shitfaceberg

Hulkenberg certainly does not have a shitface, let's be real

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Big Huski Boi posted:

Hulkenberg certainly does not have a shitface, let's be real

He is a beautiful man.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Big Huski Boi posted:

Gasly sucks and was bad at Red Bull because he collapsed under the pressure of a bigger team. Albon did perfectly fine ergo your brain is broken.

Would you perhaps call him a "Bin Man"?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Carlos' post-penalty podium party at Brazil :kimchi:

I'll say now that I'm watching for the midfield this year. I already know Mercedes will win on account of their fancy steering tech that they get to play with for this year only, I'm more interested in seeing who can scrape to 3rd-5th.

Next year's leveled playing field will be glorious, and that's not even counting the clusterfuck of driver swaps due to contracts finishing :getin:

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Mercedes will just continue to dominate. Don't give yourself high hopes.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Bloody Pom posted:

Carlos' post-penalty podium party at Brazil :kimchi:

I'll say now that I'm watching for the midfield this year. I already know Mercedes will win on account of their fancy steering tech that they get to play with for this year only, I'm more interested in seeing who can scrape to 3rd-5th.

Next year's leveled playing field will be glorious, and that's not even counting the clusterfuck of driver swaps due to contracts finishing :getin:

Yep, I agree with this. The past years I've watched to see who wins and that's gotten too boring. Watching to see who can podium, hopefully McLaren or maybe even Danny Ric will be worth watching. Assuming there will be any races this year.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
has anyone seen those half life alyx trailers because holy poo poo, also someone buy me a vr headset thanks, i mean i could buy it myself but i dont wanna

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

track day bro! posted:

also someone buy me a vr headset thanks, i mean i could buy it myself but i dont wanna

Next gen should be announced soon unless you really, really want VR now. Current VR headsets are good enough, but I could stand for better pixel density.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Can you play euro truck driver or animal crossing on vr

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Can you play euro truck driver or animal crossing on vr

quote:

Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a $19.99 simulation game for PC that supports VR for the HTC Vive and the Oculus Rift HMDs. ETS2 is not listed as a VR game on Steam, you have to active VR through the beta menu and select a beta release that supports HTC Vive and Oculus Rift VR.

Time to up your game track day bro! You should already own one if you were serious about playing ETS!

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sport...38402dd3130bc5d

quote:

Ferrari admits they are prepared to take a back seat in competing seriously in this year's F1 after finding themselves way behind long-time rivals Mercedes testing last month.

The Scuderia, who failed to claim a single championship last decade, admitted they're ready to focus their sights and efforts on producing a stellar, competitive vehicle for the 2021 season.

It comes after Mercedes flexed their muscles in the preseason in their campaign to register a seventh drivers championship for Lewis Hamilton and seventh constructor's championship in a row.

"How much will the 2020 catch-up affect the 2021 (project)? – that's certainly a good point," Ferrari team principal Mattia Binotto said at the close of pre-season testing.

"I think it's a compromise that we need to find out. I think we are very early in the season, and you cannot compromise the entire season itself.

"So at the start of the season, we certainly keep pushing on 2020 as much as we can, because it's time for us to understand the car and the weaknesses. And hopefully, it is things that we can address as soon as possible.

"(But) if I see after a few races, and we will still understand that the gap is too big, then maybe it's a considerations that we can take into account."

The news is shattering to star pair Sebastian Vettel (a four-time champion) and youngster Charles Leclerc, who burst into the big league last year with two wins and also taking out the most pole positions.

That's interesting if true.

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012

Frond posted:

Perez is better than Hulkenberg.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Can’t blame them after DAS was revealed.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

i appreciate ferrari letting the tifosi down early instead of getting their hopes up

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I would like to see McLaren be successful again so this is only good news to me.

e: I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping DAS will cause something to fail spectacularly under race conditions.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Mar 3, 2020

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

the paradigm shift posted:

i appreciate ferrari letting the tifosi down early instead of getting their hopes up
Is Ferrari the Red Sox of formula 1 or are the Red Sox the Ferrari of baseball?

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

NtotheTC posted:

Having to kick a driver mid season smacks of terrible decision making and they don't have the talent pool to dip into if Albon isn't able to keep up this season.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Is Ferrari the Red Sox of formula 1 or are the Red Sox the Ferrari of baseball?

This is degrading to Ferrari.

Tagdoodle
Dec 11, 2019

there was a youtube compilation of funny Vettel moments and I can't possibly imagine any other driver having a similar video made
With the major car change in 2021 if the F1 season is significantly reduced because of the Coronavirius, I wouldnt be surprised if many teams take the "gently caress it, focus on 2021" mentality.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Custard Undies posted:

Time to up your game track day bro! You should already own one if you were serious about playing ETS!

the vr builds of ets2 and ats are done by one guy in his spare time so they always lag behind

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

has anyone seen those half life alyx trailers because holy poo poo, also someone buy me a vr headset thanks, i mean i could buy it myself but i dont wanna

I would but I just bought a Surface Pro

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Theophany posted:

I would but I just bought a Surface Pro

you should've bought a MacBook Pro

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

you should've bought a MacBook Pro

i can't work on fisher price computers

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Theophany posted:

i can't work on fisher price computers

so why'd you get a surface then haha

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Skarsnik posted:

Oops, this was not the right thread for an android post

Uh

get in there lewis

A better save than Max at a wet Brazil

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Just finished watching Ep5 of Drive to Survive. All I took away from the episode was Max exclaiming.

YES BOYS!
:aliexpress:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
we all love Max Verstappen

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

track day bro! posted:

we all love Max Verstappen

:thunk:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

it's true, we all love him and wish him the best in his Formula 1 carreer

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

track day bro! posted:

it's true, we all love him and wish him the best in his Formula 1 carreer

i enjoy max winning because at least it's not ferrari but really this is a bit much

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wish Max well, and hope he escapes Jos' fists.

He is a good Dutch lad who means well.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

So they spend 11 months rather than 6 months building the vehicle that'll get its arse handed to them next year...

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/status/1234817539236093952?s=20

Just cancel the season, who cares

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I think you can probably just officially name Lewis GOAT and cancel the sport for good at this point

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

NtotheTC posted:

I think you can probably just officially name Lewis GOAT and cancel the sport for good at this point

Finally you say something sensible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

NtotheTC posted:

Hell yeah op