Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Thanks for spoiling a movie I've never seen.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

super sweet best pal posted:

Don't worry, that is not a spoiler.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Warren is some kind of spoiler, all right

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

RottenK posted:

i decided to check the primary thread in D&D, are they not succ anymore?

people there want bernie to win too, they're not posting about PARODY riots IN MINECRAFT or yelling that warren is a snake but apart from still being decorous they seem to hope for and want good things and agree that biden is bad

PPJ didn't pay as much attention to the Primary thread for whatever reason so it was basically the one place you could reliably post as a leftist in D&D without getting probated. For that reason it's basically always been WAY less Succ than USPOL.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

warren doesn't care about what happens but man are her true believers going to be unhappy when their magical thinking doesn't work out

they will of course blame bernie but it won't make their misery any less funny

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

GATTACA is a good movie

Gore vidal is in it

Gore Vidal book messiah is also excellent

As are many of his other books

His american empire series which includes burr, Lincoln, 1876 and more is also very good

Just excellent content to consume while waitung for ST results

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

oxsnard posted:

Biden is gonna announce Hillary as VP
This seems quite likely to me now, too, given these recent, exceptionally psychotic events.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LMAO when Hillary eats poo poo in the VP debates against Pence

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Ciprian Maricon posted:

Ok, cool, so if volunteering, donating, voting, and engaging in politics isn't a way to change anything what is? Where should I spend my limited time and energy if I don't want people to die of preventable diseases?

if electoralism fails it's barbarism
get swole, help the people around you get swole, find a tribe, and buy some guns

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lol I made this point to a bunch of succ dems and they were like "yeah but Gore and Clinton got really close"

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

thats when you break out what you learned from the 2001 philosophical movie, the fast and the furious

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

LMAO when Hillary eats poo poo in the VP debates against Pence

Pence just needs to make a joke about Hillary getting demoted and he wins.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I know the media will cover for him, but is there any chance Bernie or Trump can capitalize in Biden getting his son that job in Ukraine?

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Tubgoat posted:

This seems quite likely to me now, too, given these recent, exceptionally psychotic events.

imagine getting to watch hillary lose to trump for a second time lol

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Frosted Flake posted:

I know the media will cover for him, but is there any chance Bernie or Trump can capitalize in Biden getting his son that job in Ukraine?

bernie no, trump can and will do it 100%

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Cheer up folks, either bernie does well today, or he doesn't.

If he doesn't, theres no need for despair, it simply means the media narrative still controls things, and no amount of groundwork, donations, or volunteering could have made a difference anyways. It was preordained and there will be no regrets of what could have been done different.

Even if he does well, this is only a small preview of how far the power in the country will go to stop things. Organizing a bunch of endorsements is nothing, if he was winning in november a bullet is pennies and it would be foolish to doubt things could go that far.

Do not hang your hopes and happiness on the primary process for a crooked political party, in an insanely crooked nation.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Frosted Flake posted:

Bernie won't go there but yes Trump is absolutely 100% going to make that an issue

Just like in 2016 with Hillary's emails.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Tom Guycot posted:

If he doesn't, theres no need for despair, it simply means the media narrative still controls things, and no amount of groundwork, donations, or volunteering could have made a difference anyways. It was preordained and there will be no regrets of what could have been done different.

Even if he does well, this is only a small preview of how far the power in the country will go to stop things. Organizing a bunch of endorsements is nothing, if he was winning in november a bullet is pennies and it would be foolish to doubt things could go that far.

Do not hang your hopes and happiness on the primary process for a crooked political party, in an insanely crooked nation.

mods???

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Tom Guycot posted:

either way it goes the democratic party is loving dead as an entity inshallah

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Honestly looking forward to the Trump / Biden debate where Trump talks about his top 10 red carpet dos and don'ts and how Audrey Hepburn had an rear end that wouldn't quit and Joe Biden mumbles incoherently about him growing up as a poor black girl in China.

It's going to be like a filler episode of Dragonball Z where they're facing off and powering up their dementia to release a sundown bomb.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

super sweet best pal posted:

that's an anti-spoiler, you now know less about the movie than you did

seriously

Serf
May 5, 2011

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Tom Guycot posted:

i can't afford anything in life because of my crushing student loan debt, so a sanders win is basically a necessity for me to make any sort of progress with my life.

if he loses i might just try and save up enough to move out of the us and never pay my loans or some poo poo i dunno.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Tom Guycot posted:

Yeah despair doesn't really do anything.

You either fight and lose or you fight and win.

Even Bernie winning is just the beginning. If Bernie loses then we keep fighting the dem establishment. Vocally boycott 2020. Make them understand the consequences of their ratfucking. Another 4 years of Trump will be real bad, but only slightly worse than doing nothing. And repeating this whole poo poo cycle in 2024.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Tom Guycot posted:

If momentum meant poo poo, Bernie would have won SC after the sweep in Nevada. Early voting has been happening for weeks with Bernie as the undisputed frontrunner, and if the establishment really wanted to put the screws into Bernie, Butt and Klob should have dropped right after Nevada at the latest.

These polls don't take into account any early voting already done. The time to Arzy is tonight if the DNC starts throwing out more votes over bullishit reasons

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

spacemang_spliff posted:

Yeah despair doesn't really do anything.

You either fight and lose or you fight and win.

Even Bernie winning is just the beginning. If Bernie loses then we keep fighting the dem establishment. Vocally boycott 2020. Make them understand the consequences of their ratfucking. Another 4 years of Trump will be real bad, but only slightly worse than doing nothing. And repeating this whole poo poo cycle in 2024.

my other fear is, who the gently caress do we run in 2024? tlaib, maybe? aoc would be my pick but the 'she is too young/inexperienced' narrative would be real tough to overcome.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

This is the slogan of the democrat party.

These poo poo sacks really think universal healthcare is a pie in the sky pipe dream. Not cooking the earth is a pipe dream.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Tom Guycot posted:

I said this in the other thread and I'll say it here. California allocates the majority of its delegates at the congressional district level. Bernie will almost certainly be viable everywhere, maybe Biden still won't be even given all this last-minute consolidation. But we won't have the final results for weeks in all likelihood. Bernie is still gonna be in a good position to be the plurality leader, but we're going to have to fight for every state this month while the California results come in and there's still big contests in a couple weeks like Florida and Illinois. If we make sure Bernie is the plurality leader, at least we can call their bluff. If we give into despair after today and Biden becomes the plurality leader by the end of the month, you know they're gonna hand it to him on the first ballot. If they wanna blow themselves up, force their hand at the convention.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
imo where we're at right now is the exact moment in the forecast where it looked like republicans were going to hold the house. i'm not despairing until the results start happening

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

my other fear is, who the gently caress do we run in 2024? tlaib, maybe? aoc would be my pick but the 'she is too young/inexperienced' narrative would be real tough to overcome.

IDK

maybe look outside of Congress?

the thing is it won't be matter because we'll be working to get the incumbent, Bernard Sanders, reelected.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Biden in the general would just be an unlimited amount of gaffe videos to show he is a bumbling moron.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
here's a super secret link that shows the plan to get Bernie to win

https://events.berniesanders.com/

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

https://twitter.com/devinmolloy/status/1234639187372056579?s=20

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

my other fear is, who the gently caress do we run in 2024?
One of those uh, cum guys maybe?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
it's fuckin' Super Tuesday. Bernie didn't end his 2016 run until July, and if the Dems want this nom they're going to have to drag Biden's rear end through New York if you keep at it

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Raccooon posted:

Biden in the general would just be an unlimited amount of gaffe videos to show he is a bumbling moron.

not just that but trump would absolutely mock him at the debates every time biden stumbles his way through a non-coherent sentence

like of all the candidates that have at any point been in this race, i think biden is the least-suited out of any of them to take on trump

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

0 rows returned posted:

thats when you break out what you learned from the 2001 philosophical movie, the fast and the furious

I live a quarterly electoral update at a time

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

HiHo ChiRho posted:

If momentum meant poo poo, Bernie would have won SC after the sweep in Nevada. Early voting has been happening for weeks with Bernie as the undisputed frontrunner, and if the establishment really wanted to put the screws into Bernie, Butt and Klob should have dropped right after Nevada at the latest.

These polls don't take into account any early voting already done. The time to Arzy is tonight if the DNC starts throwing out more votes over bullishit reasons

Bernie was down 20 points for most of this cycle in SC.

E: realize i agree with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer

so who is biden then?

oh poo poo no sorry forget i asked for gods sake please don't answer