Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Pilchenstein posted:

Did they make all quests give 1k xp now or something? Don't think I've seen a 1500xp one since the patch, even rerolling every day :v:

nope i got draw cards+, draw 40 cards for 1500xp

i used to reroll my 1000s every day until i realised a) it doesn't matter and b) i should save rerolls for quests i can't/won't do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

where the red fern gropes posted:

i used to reroll my 1000s every day until i realised a) it doesn't matter and b) i should save rerolls for quests i can't/won't do
I mean, it's not a matter of life and death but 1500xp is objectively better than 1000xp and all the quests I've seen are super trivial, so I can't imagine not doing one.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I just reroll all the 1000's until I hit a 1500, worst case scenario you get a awful 1000 point challenge that you'll just reroll another day.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

You know what card they should probably look into changing next?

Worst card in the game. It's just very poorly designed and needs to be reworked.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
I got a 1500xp one today. Seems like maybe a 1/3 or 1/4 to get a 1500?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I'm just unlucky then.

Tomorrow is minor patch day, aye? Are they toning down this horseshit? :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCjNFuV4B1Y
I mean, the cards themselves are fine, it's just stupid easy to pull off this kind of nonsense in expeditions since they tweaked the shroom and boom buckets.

Edit: what am I missing about elusive units? Everyone claims they're good in expedition but when I try them they get absolutely destroyed every time :confused:

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Mar 2, 2020

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Tomorrow is Small Patch Tuesday.

https://playruneterra.com/en-us/news/patch-0-9-1-notes/

Faster animations, new cosmetics, bug fixes.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
So glad they decides to change the ui for cards owned in the deckbuilder, it was friving me insane.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

For those bored of playing the current Elusives/Hecarim decks, I've been having a lot of fun with this S/N RDW deck. It is full of the Noxus weenies splashing SI for Hecarim, Mark of the Isles, Glimpse Beyond & Atrocity. Games are usually ending turns 5-6 and sometimes involve flinging a 10+ atrocity at someones face.

https://decksofruneterra.com/decks/r5MNKpCa

Edit: And after playing it for a bit, the only SI cards you *really* care about are Mark of the Isles and Atrocity. Hecarim has only come into play 1-2 games so far and could easily be replaced with Darius/Legion Marauder/etc.

Tornhelm fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Mar 3, 2020

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Seems like my Zed Elusive deck is untouched then

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Vlad and his vamp crew doesn't feel competitive but its really fun and I'm not quite sure why.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Vlad and his vamp crew doesn't feel competitive but its really fun and I'm not quite sure why.

Its like spikes from MTG. Everything is comboing and it feels fun but nothing is giving you board state or card advantage.

Plus the voices.

Unfortunately (because I was trying to make it work), it's like a red deck wins that needs more luck to make it sit right. Theres something there if they tweak.or add the right cards.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I think Troop of Elnuks would be fair if it just pulled the top Elnuk from your deck, makes it less RNG and pulling two 3/3 or a 3/3 and a 4/5 for 5 mana is still pretty good, just rather do-away with those "I just filled my board with 20+ stats for 5 mana, gl" turns.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I think Troop of Elnuks would be fair if it just pulled the top Elnuk from your deck, makes it less RNG and pulling two 3/3 or a 3/3 and a 4/5 for 5 mana is still pretty good, just rather do-away with those "I just filled my board with 20+ stats for 5 mana, gl" turns.

Yeah this is good. You've still got a little RNG swing and the "what's left in my deck" math to do, but the range is wayyy smaller

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'd thought the point of the card is to be bad but funny with counterfeit copies. I'd buff troop to 4/4 and make bull elnuk a poro.

I'm still not convinced the card even works like we expect it to, I've seen every elnuk get pulled so often that I'm suspicious the game is doing something weird like putting the non-elnuk cards on the bottom of your library after each pull. Idk if anyone's tested it out.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
I need to get better about playing around the Harrowing. I'm not sure how to play around it, but I need to get better, because it's really the only card that's stomping on my Warmother deck.

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!

No Wave posted:

I'd thought the point of the card is to be bad but funny with counterfeit copies. I'd buff troop to 4/4 and make bull elnuk a poro.

I'm still not convinced the card even works like we expect it to, I've seen every elnuk get pulled so often that I'm suspicious the game is doing something weird like putting the non-elnuk cards on the bottom of your library after each pull. Idk if anyone's tested it out.

I think someone had discovered it does a shuffle of the deck before firing. Or am I just making things up?

E: vvvvvvv cool there we go. And since it drops at 5 you're hitting at least a third of your deck each time.

threelemmings fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Mar 3, 2020

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

threelemmings posted:

I think someone had discovered it does a shuffle of the deck before firing. Or am I just making things up?

It does do a shuffle

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Buckwheat Sings posted:

I've had pretty decent results with a Vlad/Braun/ deck. Although I do mostly play normal so maybe that's why.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

quote:

Everything in LoR—from the art to the flavor text—is canon

Since everthing in Legends of Runeterra is canon to the ~league of legends lore~ does that mean the most powerful being in existence is a cat in a mechsuit?

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Chernabog posted:

I've had pretty decent results with a Vlad/Braun/ deck. Although I do mostly play normal so maybe that's why.

Mines with demacia. Adding armor to the Crimson crew is hilarious and you can combo the 1 damage spells constantly with it.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
The update is in. They were not kidding about the speed upgrade.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
Oof, my level 12 vault got me 0 epics and 0 champions.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Really starting to hate expeditions, I just cannot get anywhere near 7 wins outside of free play t:mad:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Angry Lobster posted:

The update is in. They were not kidding about the speed upgrade.

It feels like 1000% times better

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Do people actually get champions from vaults? I have received 0 so far getting level 10+ every week since open beta began.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Got my first champion from a vault today, my first Shen :yayclod:

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

acumen posted:

Do people actually get champions from vaults? I have received 0 so far getting level 10+ every week since open beta began.

4 vaults, and I have opened one champion. Although this week, I got 5 epics, so I'm not really complaining.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I got a Yasuo and I was only at level 8. I've gotten some before as well but can't remember exactly which.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

To the opponent on zero cards in hand that I just cast fiora judgement on, you will be remembered lol

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
The combo of the gods :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Made it to six wins on the second run of my last paid expedition and then got absolutely minced by a completely perfect ez/heimer deck that got a perfect draw and had an answer for literally everything I did. The most annoying thing about losing all the expeditions is that I'm not actually learning anything - no matter what strategy I use when drafting or how I play, it always feels like dumb loving luck kills me one way or another.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
The game is flooded by aggro decks right now or it's just me?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
depends on what you mean by aggro. I see elusives and hecarim the most, both of which tend to beat the most aggro deck (pnz noxus).

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Hecarim plus whatever, spiders, zed elusives, demacia elites, noxus based decks.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Just discovered that silencing shark chariot doesn't prevent it from coming back to life, which sucks.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
I can handle the aggro, it's the "following up the aggro with the Harrowing" that I can't solve.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

Pilchenstein posted:

Just discovered that silencing shark chariot doesn't prevent it from coming back to life, which sucks.

The differences in ways that this is and is not a "card" game with physical cards is... frustrating. Not enough to turn me off of the game, but enough. The fact that some things refer to "instances" of a card and some don't is really unintuitive.

Like, Hearthguard and Omen Hawk can modify cards in your deck, so we can keep track of things in ways actual card games can't. But when things leave play, we're *not* going to keep track of it, we're just going to use the platonic version of the card. Unless we say "EVERYWHERE", in which case we're modifying the platonic version of the card.

I do not love it.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

The shark chariot being no longer silenced in the graveyard is standard card game practice. The real problem is obliterate only exists on one card, which is the way you kill things without them going to graveyard. Consistent with Magic the Garthering’s treatment of Exile (kind of).

It’s not necessarily intuitive but it is consistent which is more important, because once you learn it that rule works for everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Lord_Magmar posted:

The shark chariot being no longer silenced in the graveyard is standard card game practice. The real problem is obliterate only exists on one card, which is the way you kill things without them going to graveyard. Consistent with Magic the Garthering’s treatment of Exile (kind of).

It’s not necessarily intuitive but it is consistent which is more important, because once you learn it that rule works for everything.

Yeah, same in Yugioh with 'sent to the grave' versus 'removed'.