Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING MARCH TWENTIETH
This poll is closed.
DOOM 39 13.36%
ANIMAL CROSSING 41 14.04%
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING 84 28.77%
Melinda Megamelons and her gang of busty felons (Inc Bowsette) 56 19.18%
hotgirl69 72 24.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Still not the most ridiculous Kickstarter video game failure this week.

What is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Probably Platinum somehow not being able to handle porting Wonderful 101 to xbox.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I know it's poo poo that they promised something so unrealistic but who the hell would want a roguelike mode in a game like that?

The whole point is the tight level design and progression. Making a roguelike mode that's actually worthwhile would be like developing a whole new game.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I dislike that there's both a "supergiant games" and a "supermassive games"

Ah poo poo I just registered GiantMassive Games

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Ah poo poo I just registered GiantMassive Games

SuperSuper Games gonna take you punks down

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Transistor is like the best ground works for a new Parasite Eve but after Sedna I never want Square to bring back a dead franchise.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Probably Platinum somehow not being able to handle porting Wonderful 101 to xbox.

genuinely probably not worht the effort

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

stev posted:

I know it's poo poo that they promised something so unrealistic but who the hell would want a roguelike mode in a game like that?

don't take a look at the kickstarter comments then. you'd think someone just had their whole family murdered.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Stux posted:

genuinely probably not worht the effort

They're porting Wonderful 101 so "not worth the effort" is apparently not on the table.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

stev posted:

The whole point is the tight level design and progression. Making a roguelike mode that's actually worthwhile would be like developing a whole new game.

People are actually very willing to trade good design for the promise of endless bland content.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
gamers are already huge babies and kickstarter backers are like gamers but folded 1000 times like hanzo steel

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Shout-out to Transistor. The game that both made me go "Ya know what, I'm going to try speedrunning this" and then go "Ya know what, speedrunning isn't for me" over the course of a week.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

lets hang out posted:

People are actually very willing to trade good design for the promise of endless bland content.

Destiny 2 is a big seller, yes.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
y'all should listen to Your Kickstarter Sucks, a podcast about bad kickstarters.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I tried to read the comments but someone had posted Koji Igarashi is a liar and a con artist like 200 times

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

y'all should listen to Your Kickstarter Sucks, a podcast about bad kickstarters.

stux made fun of me for listening to mike and jf for months but now he's listening to them backwards

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

stux made fun of me for listening to mike and jf for months but now he's listening to them backwards

what can i say theyre funny when the guys are talking like twin peaks

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

"trac eht no" snaem ti

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

I tried to read the comments

smdh

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I've been watching Tim Rodgers slow translation of FF7 on YouTube and it is really fun and a journey of discovery

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I dislike that there's both a "supergiant games" and a "supermassive games"

Just wait til they merge and we get "black hole games"

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Whenever the roguelikes are bad conversation comes up I have to name drop Invisible Inc which in general is like top 10 game of the twenty-teens.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

al-azad posted:

Whenever the roguelikes are bad conversation comes up I have to name drop Invisible Inc which in general is like top 10 game of the twenty-teens.

:hmmyes:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Roguelikes and lites are good but it also turns out that 'randomized' and 'hard' don't actually fix poor design

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
So from what I saw it the ff7r demo... Why is it taking so long to copy paste the ff7 files into the engine for 15 and press the "make it 4k" option????

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The one thing I actually know about FF7 is the music so I'm excited to see it have all its soul sucked out and replaced with a forgettable orchestra soundtrack fit for a generic blockbuster movie.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

here's what i know about ff7: the planet creates life juice but the corporation is draining it and the other evil plan is to drop a meteor on it and suck up all the life juice

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

That's wild because the plot of FF xv is that the meteor creates life juice and Simba has to stop mufasa from dropping it on the ground

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Internet Kraken posted:

The one thing I actually know about FF7 is the music so I'm excited to see it have all its soul sucked out and replaced with a forgettable orchestra soundtrack fit for a generic blockbuster movie.

It actually sounds pretty good and faithful, as much as I do love the original PSX MIDI sounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK0N02xLWpw&t=334s

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

SeXReX posted:

So from what I saw it the ff7r demo... Why is it taking so long to copy paste the ff7 files into the engine for 15 and press the "make it 4k" option????

It’s not the FFXV engine, it’s Unreal 4. :science:

I mean, honestly, that just tickles me. The biggest most impressivest remake ever made is being made with...software you can get for free. The times, they are a-changin’.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Tekken is on the Unreal engine

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Dewgy posted:

It’s not the FFXV engine, it’s Unreal 4. :science:

I mean, honestly, that just tickles me. The biggest most impressivest remake ever made is being made with...software you can get for free. The times, they are a-changin’.

We could've remade FF7 ourselves this whole time...

there's still time to do 8!!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The only good remake was The Thing (1982)

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Experts told me it only takes about 10 minutes to design, model, texture, rig and animate a Pokemon so how long could it take really? Like a week of spare time?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm playing breath of fire 1 again

I remember last time I beat it I got the bad ending and the final boss insulted me for it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

SeXReX posted:

Experts told me it only takes about 10 minutes to design, model, texture, rig and animate a Pokemon so how long could it take really? Like a week of spare time?

they couldve done all the pokes if gamefreak werent bad employers and didnt keep refusing to hire more staff makes u think

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Transistor is a good game

Just another Hot Take from ya boy Songbearer :smug:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I don’t like the writing (note: I don’t remember much about the game except the hum button)

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Cowcaster posted:

if you really need a roguelike i encourage you to type "hades" into steam and buy hades

Hades is a great game you should buy but not play until it's released or you get to suffer the joys of Early Access Repetitive Strain Injury where you play it for three updates and then shelve it never to return because you burned yourself out on the loop even before it was released

Examples: Dead Cells, Darkest Dungeon, Beseige, gently caress it just look at your STEAM library

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
The most jarring thing about the FFVII remake is how they pronounce “mako”