Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

last night i dreamed that fitness enthusiasts stopped caring about tough mudder and crossfit and the big new craze was phalanxes. everyone was psyched to be part of a phalanx.

pay your fee, join blue or red, grab a spear or grab a shield, get in the crush. hard to breathe. hard to move. too close to swing a sword. can’t see anything in the chaos. blood everywhere. are you even facing the right direction? are you stabbing friend or foe? hard to know. the weak are trampled.

anyway i’m looking for investors

I mean it sounds more dignified than those 5K runs where everyone gets covered in foam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
panicked, re-stuffing the contents of my over-toasted bean and cheese toastie

DON'T YOU GIVE UP ON ME SOLDIER
*sobbing*

YOU CAN TELL YOUR WIFE YOU LOVE HER YOURSELF

the innards are falling out faster than i can put them back in

i can't save it

:'(

e:

:nms::nms:

iRend fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Mar 3, 2020

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

NITROUS DIVISION
https://i.imgur.com/PmPcRdt.mp4

rearing, the beast delivers one final blow, spilling its guts on my Good Work Shirt. the cycle is complete, the evil consumed, but at what cost.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

F
Nov 6, 2005

Luvs ya bum

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
5.1 is a scam anyway the human ear can't tell the difference from stereo cause you only have a left and a right ear which is 2. Therefore 2 speakers is the way god intended and anything else is haram.

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I cannot and will not watch hot fuzz in stereo ever again. If asked, I will refuse. If offered, I will rebuke. It’s like going back to eating mud in the playground when you’re in high school and all your mates are smoking cigarettes. It’s just not the same anymore. Hot fuzz in 5.1 is like smoking cigarettes it’s cool and I will never regret the amount of time and money I put into enjoying it

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Slowly just working up to becoming the guy who owns a copy of the master and commander blueray solely to test the 7.1 directional positioning whenever I move the speakers to clean

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The home audio thread is in the gadgets forum fyi. This thread is for bad opinions though so carry on

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I don’t think they can possibly accept me in there with my radical opinions about the king crimson 40th anniversary surround sound mix box set (they fuckin SUCK)

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

all surround sound sucks but that doesnt mean im not going to help you realise it sucks

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Discussing with the misso if a rub and tug would be better that a tug and rub

Opinions?

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Laserface posted:

all surround sound sucks but that doesnt mean im not going to help you realise it sucks

No, surround sound is good

Oh no. No no no. Oh god I was wrong. Oh no

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
surround sound is for boomers

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

BurgerQuest posted:

surround sound is for boomers

I am subsisting solely on audio equipment given away by boomers so this checks out. I’ve been infected. I can feel my pants creeping up

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
RIP

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Surround sound is grouse. Ordered a splitter thingo off Amazon that converts HDMI input to HDMI video out and TOSLINK audio out so I can run my surround without having to buy some sort of fancy gadgetry.

My loving projector bulb blew in the process of moving so I think I'm just committing to using the lovely Kogan one until further notice and will just put the Xbox on the tv I pick up this afternoon and maybe buy a better projector down the line. LED and laser projector tech has trickled down into home stuff now, the Kogan unit would actually be quite good but the focus on the lens is dogshit. Crystal clear in the middle but the outer edges are blurry as poo poo which is no good for gaming use

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Surround sound design in games is so loving hit and miss too. Most major aaa titles are good for it but anything below major release stuff (which is mostly poo poo games I hate) it’s cobbled together and sounds real bad. I had to turn off surround sound to play outer wilds bc the panning effects were so choppy and poo poo and it’s a perfect game except for that one thing

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Surround sound design in games is so loving hit and miss too. Most major aaa titles are good for it but anything below major release stuff (which is mostly poo poo games I hate) it’s cobbled together and sounds real bad. I had to turn off surround sound to play outer wilds bc the panning effects were so choppy and poo poo and it’s a perfect game except for that one thing

I play shooters with headphones on and turning off surround sound and forcing stereo made it about 500 times easier to tell where the sound was coming from.

btw gamertag is Varvs add me xbonx goons.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Doesn’t Xbox have some nifty built in headphone Dolby poo poo now? Or is that just so bad that you had to do what you described?

I’ll add you when I go inside but I don’t like shootymans on the console so the only multiplayer game I think I’m on atm is the bleeding edge beta but that’s down for another week or two

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Mar 4, 2020

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
There was a young man from Australia
Who hoarded a poo poo load of paper
As the virus went past
He kept a clean arse
And still had rolls left for later.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

NITROUS DIVISION

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

There was a young man from Australia
Who hoarded a poo poo load of paper
As the virus went past
He kept a clean arse
And still had rolls left for later.

Thisll show the boomers on my fb thx

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

I don't wanna alarm you, but there may be a boogerman or boogermen in the house!

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
I just bought an AVR for $80 off Marketplace last night and it looks like it was in a war.
Anyway, the audio of it is completely hosed and the seller said to get hosed too.

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

Thank you for the cat advice friends, I bought some toys off Amazon and now looking at cat trees on kogan.
Looking forward to having a cat friend

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Doesn’t Xbox have some nifty built in headphone Dolby poo poo now? Or is that just so bad that you had to do what you described?

I’ll add you when I go inside but I don’t like shootymans on the console so the only multiplayer game I think I’m on atm is the bleeding edge beta but that’s down for another week or two

I got gamepass, I'll play whatever if there is a crew. Lube enthusiast is on xbox too.

third party headphones sometimes have dolby virtual surround. my friend got Astro A50 v2s the other day and they have a subscription fee for dolby atmos support :lol:

the xbox controllers with the headphone jack, the chat adapter (discontinued) and third party chat adapters (the latter two being for pre-headphone jack controllers) are just standard stereo output.

I have an old Astro wireless mixamp that does Dolby virtual surround and yeah in my experience attempting to make 2 speakers work like 5 blurs the two speakers together too much.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

People in Bankstown in a panic buy frenzy, a mate sent me this lol

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Problem is all the silly cunts panic buying stuff means anyone else wanting things also needs to stock up because the products in question get pretty scarce pretty quick. Like I don't need any more poo poo tickets at this stage but maybe I'll be the dumb oval office everyone's mocking in a few weeks time when I start to run low but the shelves are still empty, every meagre shipment of bog roll being swooped upon at opening time by a horde of enraged scavengers in scenes reminiscent of the great baby formula famine of ought nineteen.

On the plus side this might just be the boost NVJ needs to get his new startup, bidet to you, off the ground. For just eight bucks fifty he'll come to your toilet armed with a backpack pressure sprayer and a bar of solvol and get your arse clean enough to eat off.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Laserface posted:

I got gamepass, I'll play whatever if there is a crew. Lube enthusiast is on xbox too.

third party headphones sometimes have dolby virtual surround. my friend got Astro A50 v2s the other day and they have a subscription fee for dolby atmos support :lol:

the xbox controllers with the headphone jack, the chat adapter (discontinued) and third party chat adapters (the latter two being for pre-headphone jack controllers) are just standard stereo output.

I have an old Astro wireless mixamp that does Dolby virtual surround and yeah in my experience attempting to make 2 speakers work like 5 blurs the two speakers together too much.

yeah I'm down to try anything on gamepass, I sent you a message/friend request before. I doubt I'm gonna get much gaming time today. I barely managed to muster together 15 minutes to rip and reformat the king crimson 5.1 discography into an audio format. Haven't seen much that tickled my fancy but i'm poor so gamepass is 100% of the poo poo I play on console. If I find any mushrooms after this rain I'm gonna stream myself trying to play kingdom hearts 3 at some point

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I've lived on my own since May last year and have purchased 2x 12 packs bog roll in that time with 8 rolls still remaining.

My poo poo rhythm is pretty much dialled in for 9-5 and I'm usually waking up in a randoms house on weekends so the only time my toilet gets serious use is either drinking to excess at home or when I have a zinger box. I have given up the former and I can stop the latter any time I want it's not a problem gently caress you.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Why don't we just get bidets?

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

They don't stock them in Bunnings

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Solvol on the ringhole sounds abrasive eep

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Bidets make the most sense. A goon once made the best argument for them in a bidet thread that was "you have to clean mud off a stuffed toy. Would you rather hose it off or use dry loving paper?"

Plus I mean it feels incredible.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Airstream Driver posted:

They don't stock them in Bunnings

They 100% sell at least one brand of bidet at Bunnings

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I can see the argument for bidets to deal with particularly bad situations but never ever have I ever had such a rapturous messy turd that I felt like a stuffed toy covered in mud was a remotely close analogue for the state of my butthole and if that’s a regular occurrence I recommend changing up your diet as a start

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Kharnifex posted:

Solvol on the ringhole sounds abrasive eep

Yeah but the results are spectacular :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

I bet that r is rolled

Spectacularrrrr