Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Clocks posted:

I live in northern NJ so I don't know of anything around me that qualifies as "rural."

In that case I can't help you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Clocks posted:

I live in northern NJ so I don't know of anything around me that qualifies as "rural."

Least busy then.

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

Clocks posted:

So I'm literally buying a switch so I can play AC, but I had no money when the special edition one came out and now it's not available anywhere for preorder, so I'm just praying they'll have more available on the 13th. In the meantime now I'm stressed I can't get a pretty pastel switch. :smith:

The nice thing is when you preorder from Amazon (and a lot of other places?), they don't charge you until the thing ships, so you're gucchi and don't have to worry about paying right away.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Gripweed posted:

Show up first thing in the morning at the most rural Gamestop you can get to.

Target is good, too. The one near me (which is somewhat rural) has gotten at least 3 of the limited edition 3DSes that have released, but camping out has been a necessity, since one of the employees is a Nintendo nerd.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

phourniner posted:

The nice thing is when you preorder from Amazon (and a lot of other places?), they don't charge you until the thing ships, so you're gucchi and don't have to worry about paying right away.

Amazon hasn't even had it available for pre-order as far as I can tell since that would've been my first choice and why I didn't bother putting one in at best buy or whatever when I had the chance. Hell I even have an email alert on it. I'm hoping they secretly have a bunch in stock but are waiting until the 13th to sell it. :confused:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Clocks posted:

Amazon hasn't even had it available for pre-order as far as I can tell since that would've been my first choice and why I didn't bother putting one in at best buy or whatever when I had the chance. Hell I even have an email alert on it. I'm hoping they secretly have a bunch in stock but are waiting until the 13th to sell it. :confused:

Preorders have already been live for all major retailers, but have sold out. Amazon has been trickling in units since then. You can set up text and/or email alerts at NowInStock if you'd like, but you'd need to be really quick.

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

If you follow the twitter account @ACPocketNews, they will always tweet out when there are pre-orders available.

also there is this: https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1234004113454706688?s=20

Target has been putting some AC Switches in stock at night.

And Amazon had them in stock on Feb 4th, as that's when I got mine.

Best of luck!

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

eBay might be an option if you don’t mind paying extra.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Thanks for the tips everyone. It's been forever since I've owned a console or looked into a limited release so I think I severely overestimated how available this switch version would be.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1235038671264305152

This is the original tweet:

https://twitter.com/doubutsuno_mori/status/1235037249323937796

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I pre-ordered on Amazon like a month ago just fine.

Cockashocka
Sep 13, 2013

Bubble brother

I preordered on the switch eshop, as I want it installed on my micro SD card.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

drat. I wonder what the reasoning is. Even bumping it to ten characters just seems absurdly low for anything made in the past couple decades.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What's going on in the selection box?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Buttburg is only 8, so

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I’ve picked an island name and now I can’t wait for this game.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Welcome. Welcome to Island 17. You have chosen, or have been chosen, to relocate to one of our finest remaining tropical centers.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Color Printer posted:

Welcome. Welcome to Island 17. You have chosen, or have been chosen, to relocate to one of our finest remaining tropical centers.

PICK UP THAT PEACH.

Baby T. Love
Aug 5, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

It looks like some styling choice like "Isla Buttfart", "Buttfart Island", or "Buttfartland".

Edit:
The Nintenland in this image looks like it might have come from naming the town Ninten, and picking "-land". The Japanese in the options window all start with Ninten, though all of those ending options are different ways of pronouncing the Japanese "Island" character.

Baby T. Love fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Mar 4, 2020

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Baby T. Love posted:

It looks like some styling choice like "Isla Buttfart", "Buttfart Island", or "Buttfartland".

Edit:

The Nintenland in this image looks like it might have come from naming the town Ninten, and picking "-land". The Japanese in the options window all start with Ninten, though all of those ending options are different ways of pronouncing the Japanese "Island" character.

If that's the case that means I can name my island after any of the Islands from Mega Man Legends.

So Kattelox can become Kattelox Island and I'm going to do just that.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I want Marlin Resort but I'm probably just gonna shorten it to Marlin

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I wonder if they'll let people know about that selection ahead time or if they'll give you an opportunity to change the name so people can account for it.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

I wonder if they'll let people know about that selection ahead time or if they'll give you an opportunity to change the name so people can account for it.

I would be shocked if the final step in island naming isn’t
“So, it will be called Bloodkill island, correct?
Yes, confirm
>No, start over”
or something equivalent.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Bummed! But still thankful they dropped this bomb a few weeks in advance. All three of my ideas were well over ten characters.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/animalcrossing/status/1235203345041838081?s=21

It seems it is ten characters before the suffix you choose.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

It's offering -shima -jima or -tou, the three endings for island names in japanese. I am guessing the English alternative will be something like;

Ok, so which of these do you want?

Butt Island
Butt Isle
Isle Of Butt

etc

cats
May 11, 2009
Someone needs to make Eventide Island.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
aren't you someone?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Welcome to Isle St. James!

cats
May 11, 2009

Khanstant posted:

aren't you someone?

The best I could hope for with my design "skills" is Floating Mound of Trash Island which is a little too long of a name.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I will name my island Toilet Island because my design and layout skill is poo poo

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

tote up a bags posted:

It's offering -shima -jima or -tou, the three endings for island names in japanese. I am guessing the English alternative will be something like;

Ok, so which of these do you want?

Butt Island
Butt Isle
Isle Of Butt

etc

i hope they also give us the option of not having a prefix or suffix at all

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
what're y'alls preferred personal suffixes? mine is ", miserable pile of secrets"

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Man the "one island per console" rule is really gonna bum me out in the long run.

There's way too much potential to build cool and unique islands. How am I ever gonna decide on what to do?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:burger: Burgadisle Isle :burger:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Three Mole Island

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

Man the "one island per console" rule is really gonna bum me out in the long run.

There's way too much potential to build cool and unique islands. How am I ever gonna decide on what to do?

Build island themes every few months! That’s what I’m talking planning on. Like October I’ll be making pumpkin patches and graveyards for sure but I’ll change it up once Halloween passes

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago

Internet Kraken posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if they carry over the "sell your town to Nook" NG+ thing from New Leaf

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Snake Maze posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if they carry over the "sell your town to Nook" NG+ thing from New Leaf

Was that there from the start? I don't remember that feature. (Probably because starting over sounded too painful.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
No, I think it was added in the big Welcome Amiibo update.