Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Chuka Umana eat a sixer for being a huge downer?
This poll is closed.
YES 173 51.95%
no 25 7.51%
Elizabeth Warren 135 40.54%
Total: 333 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
dont trust the liberals they will betray you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

weird, running for the democratic nom while despising democrats might have a ceiling as a strategy

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

so true brother

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

in short, do not openly foment biological terrorism on the forums

THS
Sep 15, 2017

super sweet best pal posted:

Should we even have democracy if so many people are willing to vote against their best interests and the interest of humanity as a whole?

we don’t have democracy, it’s a dictatorship of the capitalists, a combination of apathy and voter suppression ensures half the people don’t vote. the parties are run like private corporations. the problem here is not democracy

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Raccooon posted:

My mind always drifts to this is a passing world.

However, I can't accept this world can't be fixed. Even in the idea that this is a passing fate. There is a morality I can never stop believing in. People are harmed and I can not look away at that fact. My convictions still hold firm that we must fix this poo poo hole of a world.

Here you go.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3912152

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Should we even have democracy if so many people are willing to vote against their best interests and the interest of humanity as a whole?

The point of democracy is to prevent revolution

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

I've gotten over that some people voted for Trump, because Republicans being rah rah jingoists isn't news, and some people approve of the fact that he's a screwhead and got what they asked for

And Biden is bad enough but pretty predicable from the trajectory of succlibs over the last 40 years

What really gets me is that people voted for Bloomberg

Bloomberg got votes

any votes

from anyone

at all

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

saving for later :ninja:

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

cumshitter posted:

as a young gay man in his sexual prime, at only 49.75 years young, i am putting out feels on grindr and turning down older boomers so they are too angry and depressed to vote for biden

i suggest you all do the same

Get them to send pics then ghost. Nothing more demoralizing.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

eric ciaramella posted:

I will. did you just get it?

I've had it for a while but got disillusioned with it and also i was trying for a longform mayor peter joke

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Squizzle posted:

ok fine ill close my grindr account

Commissar Ken posted:

Get them to send pics then ghost. Nothing more demoralizing.

so true and this is the lowest possible effort troll you can do on grindr if a republican convention happens in your city

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Agronox posted:

weird, running for the democratic nom while despising democrats might have a ceiling as a strategy

lmao get out

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Communist Thoughts posted:

Also that revolutionary messaging is extremely ineffective on these voters and actually galvanises them to vote against you.

There's been a couple elections now that show you can't just message for your own radical crowd, tell everyone else to gently caress off or bend the knee, then hope ground game and canvassing overcomes the entrenched interests against you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JivPEYjYd20

I see someone's done a little growing up and has learned the importance of reaching across the aisle :smuggo:

THS
Sep 15, 2017

cumshitter posted:

ok fine ill close my grindr account

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Post-username... Mismatch?

its actually an exact match cos the revolution wasnt accomplished through fuckin electoralism

kinda amazing that the dem establishment is succesfully radicalizing me against any and all electoralism but here we are folks

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I. M. Gei posted:

Are they fixing those errors now?

They fixed the Texas one. They haven't yet fixed the California ones but the official county websites have the right counts:

https://www.co.imperial.ca.us/regvoters/ElectionResults/Results03032020/ResultsReports.pdf

https://results.enr.clarityelections.com/CA/Santa_Clara/101316/web.241347/#/summary

Bernie presently being shorted 1,680 votes on the CA results pages for CNN/NYT/etc., while Biden is presently being given an extra 14,000 votes.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
the general voting public just incredibly stupid. please institute a maximum voting age of 50

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squizzle posted:

buzzkill

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

juche avocado posted:

I've had it for a while but got disillusioned with it and also i was trying for a longform mayor peter joke

o

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

think i'm gonna get real big into leftwing monarchy if bernie loses the primary

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

There's this thing called the dark enlightenment, and this is how you start heading down the path toward it.

To be clear: Not good man!!

Big Man With A Gun
Jul 22, 2007

Big Gun With A Man
Biden/Sanders 2020 unity ticket

Bernie could do lots as VP

When Biden becomes unfit to govern, president Bernie

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
democracy is like communism. it works in theory.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

gently caress it. I'm gay for Bernie now. going to upcoming primary states and logging in the Bernie app, Grindr. finding potential undecided voters and convincing them with my rear end

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Big Man With A Gun posted:

Yeah, that aint happening.

Bearstrong
Apr 11, 2014

Satan Lives

sweet mercy this coping

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

Agronox posted:

Bernie's favorability ratings are always near the top of the field. Democrats love him and he doesn't have a ceiling any more than Biden does. The problem is that people are worried about beating trump above all else and they've bought into the electability lie the media is feeding them

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

doctor iono posted:

its actually an exact match cos the revolution wasnt accomplished through fuckin electoralism

kinda amazing that the dem establishment is succesfully radicalizing me against any and all electoralism but here we are folks

Ah well if you read it that way... Yeah

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Agronox posted:

Uhuh, uhuh, stfu lib

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

The Dems did a way better job at stoping Bernie then stopping Trump. It’s kind of commendable.

I don’t think Bernie is done yet. It was mostly very conservative places voting, we still have places like Michigan, Washington, Oregon, etc. and Biden is gaffe heavy.

I am curious how Trump treats this. If he stays quiet you know he is holding off to the general .

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Also that revolutionary messaging is extremely ineffective on these voters and actually galvanises them to vote against you.

There's been a couple elections now that show you can't just message for your own radical crowd, tell everyone else to gently caress off or bend the knee, then hope ground game and canvassing overcomes the entrenched interests against you.

I don’t think this is quite it. I think what we’re seeing is a logical extension of 2018, when Dems made huge gains in the House based on flipping suburbs.

basically: lots of normies hate trump. hate him. they want him out. they’re voting for biden based purely on the idea that he’ll beat trump. the media is certainly responsible for this as they’ve been pushing the electability argument and scaremongering about sanders’s lack thereof. but Biden is promising a return to normalcy and a non-hosed era of politics, and that’s enough for lots of people. that is, in fact, all they want.

so you get massive turnout spikes from
suburbanites terrified of trump and hoping to get him out, but that translates into good numbers for Biden instead of sanders. I don’t think this is a result of sanders’s messaging being a turnoff, I think people like it fine, but what’s driving them to the polls is fear of trump and that’s sending them towards Biden.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
i am starting to believe the Texas results might be hosed up everywhere. NPR went from 72% reporting overall down to 66%.

Also the larger counties are literally all over the place with their % total reporting.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

what we need is some kind of leader who can say what needs to be done, and then it happens. can't think of the word for that right now but i think we're on the same page :hmmyes:

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

The idea that you can work with liberals to take power was bernies biggest mistake, I think it’s time to work towards actively destroying the Democratic Party once and for all.

Getting mixed messages here (unless the point of the second post is that the entrenched interests should be destroyed, rather than accepted)

Dial911
Mar 18, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY LORD AND SAVIOR!!!

In regards to the electability argument, I think it's more likely that most Americans are morons who like licking boot.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Texas reporting is just a mess. Went from 72% reporting to 67% now.

anyways lets go Bernie

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the one way biden might get me onboard is if he gets a good VP because he's definitely getting impeached

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

that said, now that my depressive episode is over,

oh

oh lol