Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I mean he's outright told me this, so

Hello fellow Michigander dadhaver, they can tell you one thing but in the privacy of the voting booth it is everyone voting for Sideshow Bob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Eej posted:

is there even a non zero chance Biden beats Trump

Yes.

I know people are upset and disappointed with how yesterday went but if Bernie doesn't somehow turn it around in the next few races, Biden as the nominee isn't the death stroke or the guarantee that Trump gets another term that people are saying he is.

https://cnu.edu/wasoncenter/2019/07/01-2020-election-forecast/

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Eh, Joe might win. People hate Trump that loving much for forcing them to think about politics all the time. The problem is that the status quo that Joe "I believe when Trump is gone my Republican friends will return to their senses" Biden represents returning to is, as said earlier, slamming into the wall at 55 MPH instead of 100.

He'd spend his four years trying mealy-mouthed centrist do nothing bullshit while McConnel wipes his rear end with everything that comes his way. I have zero doubt if RBG retired the day after Joe's inauguration we would have an 8 member SCOTUS for four years and that turtle faced fuckstick would grin for every minute of it.

Then when nothing gets done and everything gets shittier for years people will go back to tuning out politics entirely because we no longer have an incompetent jackass braying in our ears every single loving day how terrible the entire Republican party is. Whoever is out there taking notes and can be Trump 2.0 without mush brained dementia problems will tap in to the same pool of hatred that animates the entire party, then well and truly gently caress this country raw dog style.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Status Quo Joe is a fitting nickname.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yes.

I know people are upset and disappointed with how yesterday went but if Bernie doesn't somehow turn it around in the next few races, Biden as the nominee isn't the death stroke or the guarantee that Trump gets another term that people are saying he is.

https://cnu.edu/wasoncenter/2019/07/01-2020-election-forecast/

There is a very, very reasonable take that Hillary lost the Midwest (again, ~80k voters) because black voters didn't turn out in the cities. Biden's turning out those voters, plus there's a suburban surge, tracking pretty closely with the 2018 elections. Biden's national head-to-heads are more or less equal to Bernie's, margin of error stuff. Really, you could say that about all of the Democrats.

So feel free to hail gay satan, but it's better than y'all think. I won't be voting for Biden in the primary, but he's sure getting $420 if he's the nominee.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

There is a very, very reasonable take that Hillary lost the Midwest (again, ~80k voters) because black voters didn't turn out in the cities. Biden's turning out those voters, plus there's a suburban surge, tracking pretty closely with the 2018 elections. Biden's national head-to-heads are more or less equal to Bernie's, margin of error stuff. Really, you could say that about all of the Democrats.

So feel free to hail gay satan, but it's better than y'all think. I won't be voting for Biden in the primary, but he's sure getting $420 if he's the nominee.

And Bernie's main constituency is the younger end of the electorate. If they're not going to turn out to primaries to nominate him, it feels like a stretch to assume they'll turn out in force in November.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What's trump's approval ratings? Obviously I imagine Bush c 2008 to be lower but that post 9/11 wave he rode lasted for a while and probably drove the mean up. What I'm asking is if he's the most unpopular president in my short life

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Maybe Biden will choose Sanders as VP. Hahahaha, yeah right, we all know it'll be Buttigieg.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's trump's approval ratings? Obviously I imagine Bush c 2008 to be lower but that post 9/11 wave he rode lasted for a while and probably drove the mean up. What I'm asking is if he's the most unpopular president in my short life

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Too high by half

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

GoGoGadget posted:

Maybe Biden will choose Sanders as VP. Hahahaha, yeah right, we all know it'll be Buttigieg.

Nah, he'll pick a woman or a POC. He kinda has to.

Butt will likely get offered a cabinet position at most if Biden is the nominee and victor in Nov, but not VP.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Didn't Duckworth recently endorse Biden

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Yeah :-/

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Well she's a disabled Asian American veteran and if they're going for a diversity pick that will fly with his moderate base, she's not a bad option.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

March 2020 Current Events: I CAN SEE THE FUTURRRRRRRRE

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I heard potential rumors of Stacy Abrams being a VP nod. Which would be a pretty goddamn good pick, if right out of the Lanyard-Dem handbook.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Get hosed.

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1235220074061090816?s=19

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Lmao so much for that contested convention.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

CommieGIR posted:

Lmao so much for that contested convention.

Endorsed Biden too.

https://twitter.com/Grace_Segers/status/1235221904530821121?s=19

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

MA-Horus posted:

I heard potential rumors of Stacy Abrams being a VP nod. Which would be a pretty goddamn good pick, if right out of the Lanyard-Dem handbook.

Pence would need to have Mother on the stage during any debates.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

He did what he had to do. Blew $500 million or more dollars muddying the water and making people tune out entirely due to his ad buys.

It blew my mind that ads actually work. 10%-20% actually voted for him. People in SC actually thought Steyer knew what it meant to be a small town resident. I'm more likely to think the opposite of an ad message is probably the truth. Who is trusting ads? (Olds probably. Answered my own question.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
I'll nth the sentiment that Biden has a real chance of winning, but that his administration would fundamentally fail to address the systemic problems that plague our country and leave us all the more susceptible for a smarter Trump-like fascist to take power later on.

America is a go-kart racing toward a distant cliff. Trump taking the driver's seat has seen us hit the gas while swerving wildly to damage us on every obstacle along the way. Biden's victory will let up on the gas a little and make the ride a little smoother, but it'll keep us moving inexorably toward that cliff.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Laranzu posted:

He did what he had to do. Blew $500 million or more dollars muddying the water and making people tune out entirely due to his ad buys.

It blew my mind that ads actually work. 10%-20% actually voted for him. People in SC actually thought Steyer knew what it meant to be a small town resident. I'm more likely to think the opposite of an ad message is probably the truth. Who is trusting ads? (Olds probably. Answered my own question.

A good use of half a billion dollars

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Cugel the Clever posted:

I'll nth the sentiment that Biden has a real chance of winning, but that his administration would fundamentally fail to address the systemic problems that plague our country and leave us all the more susceptible for a smarter Trump-like fascist to take power later on.

America is a go-kart racing toward a distant cliff. Trump taking the driver's seat has seen us hit the gas while swerving wildly to damage us on every obstacle along the way. Biden's victory will let up on the gas a little and make the ride a little smoother, but it'll keep us moving inexorably toward that cliff.

I used the cliff analogy yesterday. It went like

"In 2016 we fell off a cliff. In 2018 we grabbed onto a branch and in the >6 months it took Pelosi et al to turn a blue wave into impeachment proceedings we had already lost our grip and we're just hoping we hit the water and break both legs and slowly drown instead of hit the rocks and die quickly"

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Fun Shoe

facialimpediment posted:

Keep your money, daddy warbucks Bloomberg said he'd give a billion dollars to whoever the nominee is, except if its Bernie.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Warren is also reassessing the state of her campaign today.

I really hope she just doesn’t endorse Biden but I think the writing is on the wall- fall in line with the DNC or get hosed.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Bored As gently caress posted:

Keep your money, daddy warbucks Bloomberg said he'd give a billion dollars to whoever the nominee is, except if its Bernie.

You've got me wrong. There's a federal database, a permanent database, of anyone that has ever given more than $200 for a candidate. I specifically gave Hillary a bunch of money because if we were going down, I wanted future people to recognize that I got it right. If future people could still read.

I'm making the same decision this time, just righting a great wrong. My name should say that I donated $420.69 to the correct candidate.

I'm actually not sure if I can donate the 69 cents though. Guess I'll find out when the primary is over!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

lmao.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Non-political!

https://twitter.com/Jeopardy/status/1235233566193152000?s=19

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Fun Shoe

I love him and hope he never dies.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Naramyth posted:

A good use of half a billion dollars

Clearly couldn't have been used to save lives or improve living conditions for anyone. gently caress you, Mike.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I love him and hope he never dies.

He doesn’t get his energy from loving people over and that’s just not a sustainable way to live.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

One day at a time, Alex :unsmith:

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Oh hey the youth didn't turn out again.

weird how that always loving happens and people keep falling for one weird trick to get the youth to turn out...

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

A cool thing about college is you don’t have time to go home to vote but also states keep making it harder for students to get residency where they’re going to school

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
You, worried: Biden is a senile, old grandpa that's weird and barely can string sentences together.

Me, worried, but understanding who his competition is:

https://twitter.com/alizaslav/status/1235246776183029760?s=19

https://twitter.com/tylerbartlam5/status/1235246167719587841?s=19

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Internet Wizard posted:

A cool thing about college is you don’t have time to go home to vote but also states keep making it harder for students to get residency where they’re going to school

Soooo.... You got to request an absentee ballot?

like yeah that sucks, but it's not an excuse. The kids just didn't loving show up. And by kids I mean anybody under 30. They seem to like Grandpa's running the country.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1235250845425393664?s=20

No Time to Die delayed until November

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hearing that youth turnout was bad then realizing I am no longer part of the young voting group: ouch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
The youth vote is my age plus one year.