Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

exmarx posted:

imagine if the bread and roses goons had spent less time setting up a new web site and more time campaigning 😔

For a second I thought this was referring to the idiot DSA caucus putting all their chips on a Sanders presidency to the exclusion of all else but I guess that's a distinction without a difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
What is to be done?

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

Jon Joe posted:

What is to be done?

Keep building the movement and turn the movement into a party. Not the loving Democrats, for God's sake.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jon Joe posted:

What is to be done?

Going to dream of a workers party tonight

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Prince Myshkin posted:

Keep building the movement and turn the movement into a party. Not the loving Democrats, for God's sake.

Some kind of split, you say?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

meh it wouldn't have mattered. american elections are clearly decided by who gets mentioned the most on TV, we're dumber than pavlov's dogs

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
yeah if anything the results are a showcase of the limits of campaigning when the senile guy won all the states where he had no real campaign presence

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

swimsuit posted:

bernie panders

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Dreylad posted:

yeah if anything the results are a showcase of the limits of campaigning when the senile guy won all the states where he had no real campaign presence

lol at the guy who couldn't comprehend this happening without rigging, electoralism claims another mind.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Dreylad posted:

This and the UK demonstrate that without integrated left social spaces and the meaningful presence of groups that operate on principles of solidarity in routine life the regular voter is incredibly gullible and either innately skeptical or quick to anger. Hopeful messages cannot break through this starting state alone against the osmosis they get from bourgeois media output.

namesake fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Mar 4, 2020

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

swimsuit posted:

bernie panders

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

lol at the guy who couldn't comprehend this happening without rigging, electoralism claims another mind.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

drat bernie losing as soon as he leaves the states where you have to hand count the ballots in public with observers

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

namesake posted:

This and the UK demonstrate that without integrated left social spaces and the meaningful presence of groups that operate on principles of solidarity in routine life the regular voter is incredibly gullible and either innately skeptical or quick to anger. Hopeful messages cannot break through this starting state alone against the osmosis they get from bourgeois media output.

thinking about The 18th Brumaire of Louis Napoleon and the "sack of potatoes" while reading this post

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

comedyblissoption posted:

drat bernie losing as soon as he leaves the states where you have to hand count the ballots in public with observers

:hmmyes:

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

biden losing to trump will presumably be somewhat better for the american left than bernie losing to trump

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

comedyblissoption posted:

Homeless Friend posted:

cbo go put more money into predictit

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

no i refuse

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

Zas posted:

biden losing to trump will presumably be somewhat better for the american left than bernie losing to trump

In all likelihood it'll trap people in another cycle of supporting a left-liberal candidate for the Democratic nomination.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

swimsuit posted:

bernie panders

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
*bernie goes up on stage*

brothers and sisters... woozle wuzzle!

*crowd looks confused*

"woozle wuzzle? that's what passes for politics these days? well i'm voting for joe biden"

*everyone leaves... a door can be heard slamming shut in the background...*

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't read the big threads so someone give me some insight here: Did Cspam collectively ignore what happened with Corbyn just a couple months ago? Collectively ignore all the postmortem analysis from UK comrades? Reading thru the primary and super Tuesday threads, I'm seeing familiar reactions from folks who are upset that Bernie failed to sweep super Tuesday.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

people forgot the center is strong (including me) and one goon in the Bernie thread called it all mass voter fraud

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/revclub_la/status/1106614400985657344

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

beb!

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Bourgeois Electoral Bernie

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

I don't read the big threads so someone give me some insight here: Did Cspam collectively ignore what happened with Corbyn just a couple months ago? Collectively ignore all the postmortem analysis from UK comrades? Reading thru the primary and super Tuesday threads, I'm seeing familiar reactions from folks who are upset that Bernie failed to sweep super Tuesday.

There are people in the primary thread talking about the importance of gearing up for 2024 with Alexandria ocasio Cortez. Forget two months ago, they can’t even remember two hours ago

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Algund Eenboom posted:

There are people in the primary thread talking about the importance of gearing up for 2024 with Alexandria ocasio Cortez. Forget two months ago, they can’t even remember two hours ago
*AOC is coming... AOC is coming...* i say as i'm shivering in the corner clutching my bernie funko pop

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I had high hopes for Ocasio but it’s beyond clear she’s a ladder climbing Democratic Party apparatchik (and not a cool apparatchik) at this point. Anyone investing political optimism in her potential presidential candidacy is unwell

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Alexpanders Ocasio-Cortez

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

Alexpanders Ocasio-Cortez

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

GalacticAcid posted: