Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

:hmmyes:

quote:

A lot of guys I knew stationed at Pendleton had insanely hot wives, but most of them were either Tier 1 cunts or unequivocal skanks who cheated on their spouses, poo poo out off-colored children and then left their husband the second someone making more than 40K forgot to pull out.

what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

fits my needs posted:

:hmmyes:

what the gently caress

It's a subforum full of people in or formerly in the military. What were you expecting?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Army men are cops, only much much worse. The games also sucked.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The only thing worse than soldiers are soldier's spouses.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
They seem made for each other. As awful as the other.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

The craziest military marriages are when soldiers marry each other.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
That's the one weird trick to having unlimited, legal, sex on deployment however

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Ew. Legal sex. Gross.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

ikanreed posted:

Ew. Legal sex. Gross.

No matter what happens a lawyer gets paid.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

People in Australia are doing big panic shops due to corona virus fears. Someone in Sydney pulled a knife on another shopper in a fight for toilet paper. There has been one death so far in Australia from corona virus, afaik.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11094967/coronavirus-horror-woman-knife-fight-toilet-paper-supermarkets/

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Any excuse to pull out the ol' knifey

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
People going crazy over toilet paper, of all things, is bizarre.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Wash ur buttholes in the shower, like God intended

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
with all the beans they'll be eatin they wont even need to wipe!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

There are two major chains of supermarket in the shopping centre near me. One was sold out of TP after the mad rush and the other was stocked as normal. One of the major news orgs here even mentioned our specific supermarket as one of the harder hit in the country but 50m away was a shop that had no problems at all. This country is so stupid.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
Same stupidity in Ireland. Lidl had no hand sanitizer the other day I was there. And same today except one of the staff came to stock it up. She said they’re not out of it, people just snatch it all off the shelves and they have to replace it.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/BevanShields/status/1235251939413299204

:hmbol:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Zzulu posted:

Any excuse to pull out the ol' knifey

Maybe it was a poop knife :shrug:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Inceltown posted:

There are two major chains of supermarket in the shopping centre near me. One was sold out of TP after the mad rush and the other was stocked as normal. One of the major news orgs here even mentioned our specific supermarket as one of the harder hit in the country but 50m away was a shop that had no problems at all. This country is so stupid.

Same experience, coincidentally (I'm sure) the store that sold out also has indoor parking.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Same experience, coincidentally (I'm sure) the store that sold out also has indoor parking.

lmao, ours was all part of the same complex with combined parking but that is probably the best example of the sort of person pulling this poo poo.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Our Safety and Compliance officer sent out a company wide email to forward to our customers informing them about corona and how "Our employees health and safety is the utmost importance" and I'm confused because

1) we're a warehouse that stores and ships for other companies and never interact with those people outside of emails

And

2) if you care about my safety where the gently caress are my sick days?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 217 days!
Caring about your health and safety is a "thoughts and prayers" sort of thing where you don't actually do anything but "care."

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Inceltown posted:

The supermarket new my house was sold out the other day, then yesterday evening I went past there and saw someone coming out with a literal trolley full of toilet paper. So I guess they restocked, and then probably ran out again almost immediately.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Len posted:

Our Safety and Compliance officer sent out a company wide email to forward to our customers informing them about corona and how "Our employees health and safety is the utmost importance"

A friend works for a big company and they got sent a bunch of emails from HR saying how committed the company was to their employee's health and wanted to assure everyone of how much work they're doing to keep everyone safe.

Which all boiled down to 'we will be supplying some generic brand hand sanitiser in the break room'.

But, of course, everywhere's sold out so there's nothing in the break room and now staff are stealing toilet paper from the rest rooms and the HR people are just so angry at everyone laughing at them.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/ChampChong/status/1235392773378805760

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I just assume like 50% of this garbage is just greedy retail arbitrage as well

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

lancemantis posted:

I just assume like 50% of this garbage is just greedy retail arbitrage as well

I'm doubtful there's a huge market for people buying toilet paper from some guy's car boot. This seems more like the people loading up their vans with Wii Us.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Lambert posted:

I'm doubtful there's a huge market for people buying toilet paper from some guy's car boot. This seems more like the people loading up their vans with Wii Us.

Searching Gumtree and eBay shows that there are people trying to make a buck that way. Plus a whole bunch of people being silly and listing a 30 pack of poo poo tickets for $500k.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Megillah Gorilla posted:

A friend works for a big company and they got sent a bunch of emails from HR saying how committed the company was to their employee's health and wanted to assure everyone of how much work they're doing to keep everyone safe.

Which all boiled down to 'we will be supplying some generic brand hand sanitiser in the break room'.

But, of course, everywhere's sold out so there's nothing in the break room and now staff are stealing toilet paper from the rest rooms and the HR people are just so angry at everyone laughing at them.

All we got was an email from management with some fun tips like "wash your hands immediately if you are somewhere people have been" and "instead of shaking hands, try a fist bump or small bow"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Lambert posted:

No no you list it on Amazon for like 10 bucks a roll and people don't bother checking the price or if they're getting one roll or a 6 pack.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
i gotta stop at target after work and get toilet paper and pray that the disaster preppers didn't already clean it out

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

All we got was an email from management with some fun tips like "wash your hands immediately if you are somewhere people have been" and "instead of shaking hands, try a fist bump or small bow"

I hope we lose the handshake as a culture forever and instead do a cool ceremonial display of some kind as a result of this

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

bag em and tag em posted:

I hope we lose the handshake as a culture forever and instead do a cool ceremonial display of some kind as a result of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFwgCh1hh4U

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
If society breaks down just poop outside and clean yourself with leaves. TP is gonna be the least of your concerns.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Weaponized Autism posted:

If society breaks down just poop outside and clean yourself with leaves. TP is gonna be the least of your concerns.

Serious rejection of dirty rainbarrel and damp cloth praxis ITT

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

bag em and tag em posted:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

once again being touch avoidant, annoying and friendless has kept me happy, healthy, and safe

thanks, internet!

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

While we should all aspire to be a little more gay, I don't think this helps prevent coronavirus transmission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

T-man posted:

once again being touch avoidant, annoying and friendless has kept me happy, healthy, and safe

thanks, internet!

Friends are annoying, people are annoying. You're way better off. Count yourself lucky.