Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Cup Runneth Over posted:

How the gently caress do people suppose that we're going to address the housing crisis without increasing density?

mass death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oneiros posted:

mass death

See the corona virus

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

At least Orange County is feeling the bern tonight :bernin:

lol at Marin and Lake county going all in on Bloomberg though.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Oneiros posted:

mass death

That or shipping them to other states, I guess

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Mar 23, 2021

Great Metal Jesus
Jun 11, 2007

Got no use for psychiatry
I can talk to the voices
in my head for free
Mood swings like an axe
Into those around me
My tongue is a double agent

Danann posted:

lol at Marin and Lake county going all in on Bloomberg though.

Oh you have got to be loving making GBS threads me.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Measure R which provides police accountability and forces the county to come up with a plan to reduce prison populations is absolutely crushing it, 70-30%

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Great Metal Jesus posted:

Oh you have got to be loving making GBS threads me.

New vote dump has Sanders leading Bloomberg in Lake County. Marin county on the other hand, well he's tied with Bloomberg.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

sincx posted:

https://twitter.com/sfchronicle/status/1235073311861698560

https://twitter.com/sfchronicle/status/1235082029626204160

Not a good night.

I wonder if the much publicized SB50 "transit=density" provisions scared people into voting against transit.

SMART still has nine years of tax money from the 2008 Measure Q that established it. They’ve established the line all the way to Larkspur Landing and should have time to restructure their plans and come back to voters again.

They oughta cancel their expansion plans and focus on adding stations and increasing frequency on the existing rail.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

San Francisco elects two public defenders and a tenant's rights lawyer to superior court judge :). Also vacancy tax on commercial storefronts passes.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Cup Runneth Over posted:

How the gently caress do people suppose that we're going to address the housing crisis without increasing density?

You misunderstand, the housing crisis is caused by other cities. Mine is fine and shouldn’t change to accommodate them.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
poo poo, did I need 66% to pass? Motherfucker

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The cool DSA guy Liam O'Mara is currently beating the insane racist lady Regina Marston for the Dem primary in my district. :unsmith:

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Kill Bristol posted:

Yeah the UCSC strikers are unquestionably in the right overall, but the one area I think they’re wrong is evidently one of the same organizations behind the strike opposed the construction of new housing on campus (this is from the UCSC reddit, could be totally wrong).

But yeah. CA NIMBYs and the million goddamn vetoes they have over new housing, and the immense incentives they have to do so, are easily one of the biggest problems that the state faces at the moment.

They just shot down my local ballot item that would have allowed apartment buildings over 2 stories near the rail station. “Ah nobody wants to live by a train! We don’t want a city full of renters!” Told one of them investors are buying houses just to rent them out and got told back something like “Yeah but people that rent houses are better neighbors than regular renters”

God I can’t wait for boomers to loving leave Earth.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
lol not only is my dipshit county supervisor holding on to their seat, but one of the only two liberals on the board is about to lose, making it a 4-1 conservative majority :suicide:

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
More than anything else, Measure A passing in Orange County is a real bummer.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Zuul the Cat posted:

80-20 split in favor of wtf. :suicide:

filthy regex
Oct 1, 2010

s/ (. Y .) / 8==D~~ /g

Danann posted:

80-20 split in favor of wtf. :suicide:

I voted against it, but it literally had no "opposition" listed in the sample ballot so I'm sure a ton of people just went "okay, everybody thinks it's a good idea"

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Zuul the Cat posted:

Yeah this sucks. There were no arguments online against it :/

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Wow the school bonds statewide prop failed. Those are usually slam dunks.

San Jose Measure E just barely got passed, which is surprising since I figured a tax on real estate transactions would get smacked down as being too close to an attack on Prop 13. Supposedly it's going to help fund affordable housing but all the funds raised by it go straight into the general fund so lol who knows if they'll keep that promise.

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?

Sydin posted:

San Jose Measure E just barely got passed, which is surprising since I figured a tax on real estate transactions would get smacked down as being too close to an attack on Prop 13. Supposedly it's going to help fund affordable housing but all the funds raised by it go straight into the general fund so lol who knows if they'll keep that promise.

The current city Council wouldn’t, but there’s a chance it might flip - looks like Dev Davis in District 6 is hovering just below 50%. If that holds it goes to a runoff between her and Jake Tonkel.

Bizarro Watt
May 30, 2010

My responsibility is to follow the Scriptures which call upon us to occupy the land until Jesus returns.

Sydin posted:

Maybe the economic anxiety everyone is feeling (living in California) trickling into other issues? Similar to the areas rejecting the increase in sales tax for transportation. I haven't lived in California in a while, but I get the impression people are just getting stretched way too thin.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
So lets talk about LA voting. Completely new system, new locations, new hardware.

Everybody I know in a populated area who voted on Tuesday had lines. It doesn't appear to be lack of machines, my tiny location had like 40 and a number weren't being used because they couldn't' get voters to them fast enough. The prevailing thing I saw was that most folks did not realize that the vote centers had been open for 3-10 days before Tuesday.

I did use the online Poll Pass feature and it was smooth as hell. Also you get like 4 different chances to make sure your vote is correct.

The results website is pretty, at least.

https://results.lavote.net/#year=2020&election=4085

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

So I register as "no party preference." I swear in every previous primary election I had Dems and Independents on my ballot, but no Republicans. This year I had no candidates on my ballot, and my voter packet said I had to fill out a form and request a Democratic ballot, which of course I didn't see until yesterday.

Am I dumb or did they change how the party preference ballot works? Not that it matters, but maybe I could have pushed Tulsi to 0.8%.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
They changed how it worked. If someone had added you on BERN you would have gotten a text about it, but alas....

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

They changed how it worked. If someone had added you on BERN you would have gotten a text about it, but alas....

just lol if you didn't vote for Bernie yesterday

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

So I register as "no party preference." I swear in every previous primary election I had Dems and Independents on my ballot, but no Republicans. This year I had no candidates on my ballot, and my voter packet said I had to fill out a form and request a Democratic ballot, which of course I didn't see until yesterday.

Am I dumb or did they change how the party preference ballot works? Not that it matters, but maybe I could have pushed Tulsi to 0.8%.

Congratulations you got voter suppressed

E: It was a big focus of the campaign to get the word out about this but voting is designed to be difficult in this country

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Jaxyon posted:

So lets talk about LA voting. Completely new system, new locations, new hardware.

Everybody I know in a populated area who voted on Tuesday had lines. It doesn't appear to be lack of machines, my tiny location had like 40 and a number weren't being used because they couldn't' get voters to them fast enough. The prevailing thing I saw was that most folks did not realize that the vote centers had been open for 3-10 days before Tuesday.

I did use the online Poll Pass feature and it was smooth as hell. Also you get like 4 different chances to make sure your vote is correct.

The results website is pretty, at least.

https://results.lavote.net/#year=2020&election=4085

Riverside County ballot status lookup tool is still broken and to view results you have to follow them on Facebook first :what:

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Also LA voting poll workers ask for ID to look you up but do not require it.

This is bad because their workstations are literally set up to ask for ID.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

just lol if you didn't vote for Bernie yesterday

Most people didn't, which is depressing but whatever. As a party, we're basically ruled by the professional managerial class + boomer olds that live in the suburbs and thinks America is a-ok and just wants civility and norms and for poors and minorities to quietly die out of sight without raising a fuss both domestically and abroad. MLK got it.

Also the fact that (anecdotal) Bernie turned out a bunch of new older voters who got cold feet at the voting booth and voted for Biden is really depressing. I'm not a doomer but it's hard not to eat the black pill at this point. I might have licked it a bit.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Mar 4, 2020

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I voted for Diamond Joe not my sister Biden

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Mar 23, 2021

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Lol marin voted for bloomberg

How can our marinites be so posh

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Too stoned to to actually look up what's on the ballot?

I'm also NPP, but I asked for a Dem ballot when I walked in, got sent to a side table where a dude spent a minute typing the info from the back of my voter info packet into his tablet, asked me to sign here, and handed me the ballot I wanted to vote on.

One of these days I'm going to remember to get that changed perminantly.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

My local school bond passed easily, whoo-hoo!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Sydin posted:

Maybe people got it confused with the old prop 13? I also heard a lot of Howard Jarvis ads railing against it on the radio.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Maybe people got it confused with the old prop 13? I also heard a lot of Howard Jarvis ads railing against it on the radio.
My Facebook feed was slammed with ads saying it would raise property taxes and slippery slope poo poo. I assume that poo poo worked.

Lots of "lottery was supposed to fix schools, they don't need more money".

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

What a pain in the rear end. They should just mail that poo poo out. I mean otherwise I like the fact that they're mailing out ballots, they have ballot boxes open 30 28 days before election and voting centers open 10 days before election, and they have drive up ballot boxes on election day. Like these are all good things, but you should get whatever crap you need mailed out to you.

(Are those changes state wide or just my county?)

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Mar 5, 2020

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
DSA member Nithya Raman has almost certainly forced a run-off with Councilmember David Ryu.

Also DA Jackie Lacey has dropped to 50.14 percent and is dangerously close to a run-off with hundreds of thousands of votes still to tally, that like 2016 will likely skew progressive. Lacey dropped .5 percent by the 112k ballots that were just counted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

When in doubt I just did the opposite of what the San Jose Mercury News recommended, and the more I read the more I'm convinced this strategy was sound