Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh

OK smartarse, let's see you get back up there again...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Volcott posted:

Except he's probably touching his face even more than usual because he has a paper towel strapped to it with rubber bands.

Clearly you need to use a product certified to stop viruses.

Beef
Jul 26, 2004
Its license clearly already expired :milk:

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Was only ever good against SARS anyway

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

That's probably about as effective as the real N95 masks. The virus isn't like airborne, it comes from touching surfaces that someone coughed on then touching your face. His mask prevents face-touching just as well as a real one I bet.

incorrect; the virus in addition to being spread by surfaces is also spread by droplet infection (coughing right on someone) and to a limited extent aerosol infection (lots of people in fairly close quarters with recirculated air, e.g. a cruise ship - not going to carry on the air for blocks and blocks, though)

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

corgski posted:

Clearly you need to use a product certified to stop viruses.

I read that cocaine works well against NCoV-19, so you're better off with a McAfee disc.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

This nearly happened to my dad once when he was helping to set up for a village fair. If it had rolled the metal legs would have come close to clipping the overhead power lines and I guess anyone in close proximity would have been flash fried. Use the guy lines, my dudes.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

That's probably about as effective as the real N95 masks. The virus isn't like airborne, it comes from touching surfaces that someone coughed on then touching your face. His mask prevents face-touching just as well as a real one I bet.

Mozi posted:

incorrect; the virus in addition to being spread by surfaces is also spread by droplet infection (coughing right on someone) and to a limited extent aerosol infection (lots of people in fairly close quarters with recirculated air, e.g. a cruise ship - not going to carry on the air for blocks and blocks, though)

beat but did I post this here yet?

wiki posted:

Human-to-human transmission of the virus has been confirmed during the 2019–20 coronavirus outbreak. Transmission occurs primarily via respiratory droplets from coughs and sneezes within a range of about 6 feet (1.8 m). Indirect contact via contaminated surfaces is another possible cause of infection. Viral RNA has also been found in stool samples from infected patients.

Watch what asses u eat goons

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

SniperWoreConverse posted:

beat but did I post this here yet?

Watch what asses u eat goons
Finding RNA from the butt doesn't mean it's viable viruses.

What if eating rear end is the vaccine?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Make sure to wear your N69 masks

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Real talk N95 for biological contaminants though. They are prophylactic barriers which means they can be more dangerous than foregoing them for general exposure. You should remove and dispose of in a "warm zone" where you aren't worried about contamination, for a layman this is something like your garage or apartment facility trash station when wearing them in general outside your residence. Or this is still in the sick persons room if you're using them for caregiving. After disposal you should wash your hands and face in that order, ideally before you enter a clean zone but we can settle for beelining to the first sink in your house.

Failing good doffing procedure not only undoes any work you did preventing inhalation but potentially makes it worse by being one more vector into the clean zone. You should follow similar procedure for gloves. And by the time you are this worried about it you should change clothes in the warm zone too.

If this all sounds discouraging it's because it is. You probably don't need more than a normal good hygiene routine and adding in PPE just adds that many more pieces to perform hygienic actions on.

thomawesome
Jul 19, 2009

This happened at my favorite hangout spot in Tampa. A car drove directly into the out door patio, right through a bench that two girls had just been sitting at. It was a miracle no one died or got seriously injured.

The woman driving the car was on her 4th or 5th DUI, was super hosed up, and someone had to bust her driver side window open with his elbow to drag her out of the vehicle because she kept trying to drive out of the patio and was stuck. She kept blaming the dude for driving her car into the patio.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Frazzbo posted:

OK smartarse, let's see you get back up there again...

You just walk back up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOqMSR51vAY&t=27s

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Everybody lives.

https://i.imgur.com/vwPNQjv.mp4

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:stare:

WTF

insta
Jan 28, 2009

The guy running away is not the guy at the start of the video

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Except for the guy who was crushed to death?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

insta posted:

The guy running away is not the guy at the start of the video

It is, the camera got knocked to the side. Do you see the wall with the sign on the left?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

It looked like the same guy to me until someone said it wasn't, heh.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Lurking Haro posted:

It is, the camera got knocked to the side. Do you see the wall with the sign on the left?

lol no that's like the wall on the floor above collapsing down and falling down a floor

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

KoRMaK posted:

lol no that's like the wall on the floor above collapsing down and falling down a floor

That's a new one.

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

Gasmask posted:

This nearly happened to my dad once when he was helping to set up for a village fair. If it had rolled the metal legs would have come close to clipping the overhead power lines and I guess anyone in close proximity would have been flash fried. Use the guy lines, my dudes.

My fiance has rabbits that she keeps in a hutch under one of these structures. The first winter we were together her shelter kept blowing up and across her yard. I kept telling her "you really need to stake this thing down." And she kept telling me it was fine. Finally one windy Saturday I convinced her to go to the store with me and get some stakes and paracord, then staked it and guy'ed it down. It's never blown over since then. It did start to come apart at the welds, but a few more dollars in paracord and a couple 4x6 tarps later and it's right as rain. It's even survived the snow load this winter.

You'd be surprised how secure you can make these things if you know how to plant stakes and tie hitches.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Yea you may be right, if I stare at the sign on the wall I experience what feels like the camera moving

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
It's the same guy.

Stare at the sign on the left wall. The camera snaps to the left and down when the column in back falls, and dust covers the dude.

This makes it appear an entire floor fell on top of the dude, but all the wall and floor panels are shifted by the exact same amount as the sign on the left of the frame.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

OMG I see it-- the 'wall' to the right is the steel panel he's originally standing on; it flips up and moves left, with its ground pivot point near where he is. There's a huge excavator off-camera to the right (you can see the bucket moving center left in the beginning). The secondary pillar collapse thing (middle front, orange) is the back of the excavator's body having fallen on its left side, and the left tread is visible.

E: Wait, the excavator fell from a higher level, maybe? This is annoying.

E2: Ground lifts first, though. I'm going to guess a gas main explosion or something that lifted the whole thing up and moved the plates, with the excavator falling back down a split second later.

Pissed Ape Sexist fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Mar 4, 2020

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012
It took me three loops before my brain recognized that as a tread.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/Dl0c1yd.mp4

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Note 7?

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Probably a vape pen.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBpqvPujZgM

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
"Yeah, me and the wife are pretty happy. No realy compl-"

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/xolMEeM.gifv

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Holy gently caress he came close to not walking away.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

OMG I see it-- the 'wall' to the right is the steel panel he's originally standing on; it flips up and moves left, with its ground pivot point near where he is. There's a huge excavator off-camera to the right (you can see the bucket moving center left in the beginning). The secondary pillar collapse thing (middle front, orange) is the back of the excavator's body having fallen on its left side, and the left tread is visible.

E: Wait, the excavator fell from a higher level, maybe? This is annoying.

E2: Ground lifts first, though. I'm going to guess a gas main explosion or something that lifted the whole thing up and moved the plates, with the excavator falling back down a split second later.

Right click on the image and show controls and you can get a scrubber and do super analysis on the image like CSI.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

A reverse Titanic.

e: Apparently, there's a Sinking Simulator
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1164850/Sinking_Simulator/

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Guy gets stuck 375ft up in crane during Nashville tornado

:stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i4zgJtnQWA

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
A reminder not to throw dry ice in the pool then jump in...
https://fstoppers.com/news/three-die-party-instagram-influencer-after-dry-ice-poured-pool-visual-effects-461297

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://i.imgur.com/ErqBt7L.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Now just have the APC pull the truck back up