Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

As soon as this flashback ends, we face the biggest arc of the series. Kaidou and Big Mom have been insurmountable enemies since the end of Enies Lobby, and that feeling has only been reinforced the last 150 chapters. This is truly end game OP; the arc Oda's been building up to for the last 25 years. I'm hyped as gently caress because Oda's the only writer I believe can pull this off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I’m going to openly weep when the straw hat alliance gets crushed now and I’m going to cry even harder next year when they finally beat kaido/big mom

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Something inside me calls out passionately to the landscape I saw - the end of the sea of corruption to which you led me.

Sub Harrison posted:

As soon as this flashback ends, we face the biggest arc of the series. Kaidou and Big Mom have been insurmountable enemies since the end of Enies Lobby, and that feeling has only been reinforced the last 150 chapters. This is truly end game OP; the arc Oda's been building up to for the last 25 years. I'm hyped as gently caress because Oda's the only writer I believe can pull this off.

And let's not forget 2 Yonkou teaming up is considered an "end of the world" tier threat.

When Sengoku and Garp are worried - the two veteran geezers from Roger's age - things are hosed.

Demonicpoodle fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Mar 4, 2020

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Considering it took not only the Marines in Garp in Sengoku's prime, but ALSO Roger's alliance to take down the Rocks crew, it's no wonder they're worried.

Then again we likely have our own pirate crew willing to take on Mom and Kaido

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I hope Big Mom’s mochi son and three eyed daughter show up to help the Strawhats before this is all over.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i am more terrified of big mom than of kaido weirdly

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

tbp posted:

i am more terrified of big mom than of kaido weirdly

A lot of the worst stuff we've seen of Kaido so far has just been an extension of Orochi's massive scumbaggery. Kaido is an unkillable combat beast and did shoot Oden in the dome but our earliest introductions to him had him so depressed and disillusioned that he tried to kill himself and is drunk all the time.

By contrast we've seen Big Mom straight up eat her own children when they got in the way of her hunger. The horrors witnessed at Whole Cake are beyond what Kaido himself has done so far (or at least that we've seen him pull directly and not through a proxy)

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Yeah, Kaidou is (so far) just a huge depressed jerkface. If you placate him or stay out of his way he won't go out of his way to gently caress with you.

Big Mom periodically goes on insane rampaging fits tied to her hunger and and even in a lucid moments is prone to violent and devastating demands at her childish whimsy.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Yeah, Kaidou is (so far) just a huge depressed jerkface. If you placate him or stay out of his way he won't go out of his way to gently caress with you.

Big Mom periodically goes on insane rampaging fits tied to her hunger and and even in a lucid moments is prone to violent and devastating demands at her childish whimsy.

Then again, Kaido has spent years building a huge, terrifying war machine unlike anything else the world has ever seen, and we will presumably see that swing into action at some point.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
kaido is militarily backing orochi who coup'd wano and is now working its population as slaves to manufacture goods for among others, the world government. hes a piece of poo poo.

bacon flaps fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Mar 4, 2020

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Ethiser posted:

I hope Big Mom’s mochi son and three eyed daughter show up to help the Strawhats before this is all over.

:same:

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

bacon flaps posted:

kaido is militarily backing orochi who coup'd wano and is now working its population as slaves to manufacture goods for among others, the world government. hes a piece of poo poo.

Definitely not saying he's not, just saying we've seen Big Mom do horrific poo poo on screen while Kaido's worst stuff is either through Orochi or another proxy

Also wanted to reiterate the "so far" clause since I am sure Kaido will do some ugly poo poo before this arc ends

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I’d much MUCH rather live in whole cake island over wano, kicking up a bit of my soul every few years and being wary of big moms rampages is way better than super slavery/poverty compounded with everyone laughing about it

WCI as a arc dealt with more hosed up stuff but wano is easily the worst hellhole of the new world

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I feel like a thing that is soon to be addressed is how Big Mom has pledged herself to an alliance, but also the last we saw of her kids they were explicitly kind of sick of her poo poo?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I think Big Mom is scarier because we've seen her more personally involved in her network of terror while Kaido operates almost entirely through proxies. Caesar, Doflamingo, Jack, Orochi etc spread through years and arcs .
With Big Mom she had her generals but the proxies eere just to send a message. The bulk of her arc was on whole cake so we saw way more of her relative to kaido

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Big Mom got a song.

Kaidou should get a song.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

Big Mom got a song.

Kaidou should get a song.

Bad End Rock Opera.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
you know what im excited for

the kaido flashback..

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

tbp posted:

you know what im excited for

the kaido flashback..

we need some present day story after all this oden flashback

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Fujitora is clearly a samurai and also blind. Kaidou shot oden in the face. Makes you think not really lol

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I honestly forgot that Big Mom was in the upcoming rear end kicking group. It would be kind of cool for Zoro to lead the group's taking down Kaido while Luffy lead the team taking down Big Mom.

Orochi can be the responsibility of the Wano crew.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Big Mom's more personally terrifying since she's basically a narcissistic abusive parent taken to up to a horrifyingly literally monstrous degree. For a lot of people, there's something more unpleasantly familiar at her core. Kaido's more a basic Evil Overlord, if executed very well.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I imagine that when Kaido properly gets rolling, he'll be scary in the way a force of nature is scary. Just an unstoppable juggernaut at the head of the mightiest army in the world. I actually wonder if this arc will end up leaving Wano just so we can see him punch through the World Government's defences like they're made of wet paper.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
~Spoilers are out~

Chapter 973 - The Kozuki Family

We see Toki take her last breathe after sending Momo and the Samurai to the future.
Orochi is enraged because he cannot find proof that the Samurai are dead.
In order to conceal his identity, Denjiro changed his appearance, adopting the name "Kyoshiro" and makes underlings.
He completely kills his identity and sticks by Orochi's side taking up Hyougoro's role in the Capital as chivalrous mafia boss. On the other hand, he also acts as the the witching hour boy stealing money from the warehouse.

After that, he discovers Hiyori who had been separated from Kawamatsu and was lost in the town and then reveals his identity to her.
He implores Hiyori to not reveal his identity to even his allies until the very moment the battle starts. He then asks Hiyori to adopt the name Komurasaki and live as such in order to protect her.

Guess that kills my theory that Zoro’s teacher is Denjiro and Zoro is Oden’s secret 3rd child. Zoro’s teacher is probably just distantly related to Denjiro which is why they look similar.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
How many Pirates did Zoro gently caress up that even after all these years and nick-name worthy exploits he's still called the Pirate Hunter? This question kept me up last night...

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Even if it’s not that many, that’s the epithet he had when he made a splash so it stuck

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Chopper has eaten many candies in these long two years but alas

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
sanji's leg is, in fact, not black at all. his pants however..

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Robin's like 30 now.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Funky Valentine posted:

Robin's like 30 now.

But she's got the work of a 50 year old.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

JackDarko posted:

How many Pirates did Zoro gently caress up that even after all these years and nick-name worthy exploits he's still called the Pirate Hunter? This question kept me up last night...

Well he was already notorious all over east blue before luffy got him to join as every pirate knew who he was even if they didnt know who luffy was. then there was zoro himself defeating the entire lower numbers roster for baroque works

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Usopp is still a god though.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
If given the opportunity one of them might save the world the other might destroy it.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
One Piece 973 in Korean

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/wsj_manga/status/1235161395886460928?s=21

A mans dream.... sometimes dies

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Chapter 973

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Something about this chapter felt very disjointed... maybe it's the translation?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

oh drat

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Okay, so Oden and Roger definitely knew that the prophesy was predicting modern timeline as the Hero that will change the world, and all roads lead to Luffy but could there be a situation like in Harry Potter where the "Chosen one" could have also TECHNICALLY been Neville Longbottom and a side-character is actually the one that but Oda actually makes it someone like Colby, Vivi, or Shirahoshi who's been just as relevant off-screen? Like M Night Shymalan's Lady in the Water done right

E: oh my loving god the reveal of the last scabbard

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Mar 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

no good comes from this