Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Anyway the new Chapo is good, it owns that Liz basically takes over the show because she has Brace for a hype man and he's enough of a belligerent loudmouth to just bellow over the Chapos whenever they start talking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

side_burned posted:

Blyth would not be a good guest for Chapo. He basically argues that the left is doomed to failure until Boomers and GenXers are dead.

also he sounds like shrek

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
matt christman, unironically on the next chapo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPXIgEAGe4U&t=5s

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

true anon war nerd crossover is too cool. surely dolan and brace will chat rojava syria while franczak and ames dunk on shitlibs and russiagaters. awesome. aces.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Is ALAB good or do only awful legal nerds enjoy it?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

gh0stpinballa posted:

true anon war nerd crossover is too cool. surely dolan and brace will chat rojava syria while franczak and ames dunk on shitlibs and russiagaters. awesome. aces.

I hope they record it

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

side_burned posted:

Blyth would not be a good guest for Chapo. He basically argues that the left is doomed to failure until Boomers and GenXers are dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCwmyemxm00

Blyth's cohost Carrie Nordlund is a horrible Succ Dem.

The only good Mark content are his solo lectures, and when he does stuff like talk to Syriza or own succ libs in a debate. The Mark and Carrie podcast is unlistenable because she is unbelievably stupid. I see him on Chapo as a Richard Wolff type of interview, except he'd get more of their references.

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

ikanreed posted:

Both can be true :mad:

it's good

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

ikanreed posted:

well, it's in the title :smug:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Crane Fist posted:

Anyway the new Chapo is good, it owns that Liz basically takes over the show because she has Brace for a hype man and he's enough of a belligerent loudmouth to just bellow over the Chapos whenever they start talking

there was a point where brace started to reach for his stage gun, but he silently checked with liz, and she stopped him. i think virgil was saying something about guns? he did brandish the handcuffs a couple of times, though.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
ALAB and 5-4 are both good, ALAB hews more to the Mic Dicta model

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Doc Hawkins posted:

there was a point where brace started to reach for his stage gun, but he silently checked with liz, and she stopped him. i think virgil was saying something about guns? he did brandish the handcuffs a couple of times, though.

... yes, stage gun

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

emdash posted:

ALAB and 5-4 are both good, ALAB hews more to the Mic Dicta model

I don't know who it is, but one guy on 5-4 is exceedingly not funny. no one else really tries to be funny, except him. he's just going for a line every few minutes and failing hard

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
yeah he's pretty cornball, it's just the first two eps so maybe he'll find his lane better

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

the dry boys very much not posting much today, except felix who is born anew. how do you come back from "the DNC is powerless to stop what's coming".

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
The West Wing Thing ep with Christman on the post-9/11 Isaac and Ishmael episode is amazing. Like poo poo even the episode on its own merits is just insane, produced as an an emergency during season 3 production and released three weeks after 9/11, semiotically equating the audience with actual children, totally obfuscating the motives for terrorism and mystifying it and parroting the Bush “they hate us for our freedoms” poo poo and sucking off the CIA’s dick.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I haven't watched The West Wing in a very long time, but in all these retrospectives, the one thing that stands out the most is Aaron Sorkin's fantasies of an old man barking at a young woman until she agrees with him. And PMC liberals love this crap.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

https://mobile.twitter.com/meganamram/status/1087143660389466112?lang=en

needs to be reposted as often as the wint candle tweet

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

gh0stpinballa posted:

the dry boys very much not posting much today, except felix who is born anew. how do you come back from "the DNC is powerless to stop what's coming".

correctly point out that they pulled out literally all the stops on the biggest day of the primary and blew their load with 2/3rds of the delegates left and could still only manage a delegate lead of like 50, in a race of thousands

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

correctly point out that they pulled out literally all the stops on the biggest day of the primary and blew their load with 2/3rds of the delegates left and could still only manage a delegate lead of like 50, in a race of thousands

hey im on their side, they shouldn't feel like they need to go radio silent

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

gh0stpinballa posted:

Their Friday episode is going to be goddawful

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Their Friday episode is going to be goddawful

i'm hoping it's matt going off on one but it'll probably be some tactics and strategy ep with a campaign organizer.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

MizPiz posted:

... yes, stage gun

yes? the gun you take on stage

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Doc Hawkins posted:

yes? the gun you take on stage

if you point this at Matt, you can make his face freeze in funny ways :)

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

gh0stpinballa posted:

i'm hoping it's matt going off on one but it'll probably be some tactics and strategy ep with a campaign organizer.

I hope there's no cold open, just intro music fade-cut to Matt in the middle of a screaming rant.

Exodus1984
Feb 18, 2005

Eastern Europe Episode IV: A New Hope. I love President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. I understand and appreciate the precarious position the Ukrainians are navigating. I wish I could set up a 401(UA) fund from my paycheck to directly contribute my earnings to Ukraine's success.

gh0stpinballa posted:

I’d like a movie review episode, that might get people to seize.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
the chapos have nothing to apologize for, they did the darn thing and they can't be held accountable for democratic voters applying "will not buy unless already rated 4.5 stars" logic to presidential candidates

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

John Brown was still right.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

And Malcom X certainly was.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

it's time for a new political movement, jokerism :v:

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

the most baffling part of the 9/11 west wing episode is using the Boston tea party as an example of non-violent protest working since an entire loving war had to be fought for independence

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Cnidaria posted:

the most baffling part of the 9/11 west wing episode is using the Boston tea party as an example of non-violent protest working since an entire loving war had to be fought for independence

"Political violence doesnt work, now excuse while I furiously edit the wikipedia page on every revolution in history."

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Cnidaria posted:

Also all of the West Wing loving shitheads think that throwing a brick through a Starbucks window is an unconscionable act of violence.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

AnEdgelord posted:

"Political violence doesnt work, now excuse while I furiously edit the wikipedia page on every revolution in history."

we need mike duncan to finish up his lafayette book so we can all find out how exactly you pull off a 1917 revolution

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Angry worked up about banks TrueAnon Liz is my favorite Liz.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

mastershakeman posted:

we need mike duncan to finish up his lafayette book so we can all find out how exactly you pull off a 1917 revolution

I enjoyed Duncan in the last Revolutions episode basically go "yeah, the SR Combat Organisation did kind of help bring around the revolution with their assassinations ". He'd not even have considered that view when he was doing the US revolution

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
https://twitter.com/TheWestWingThi1/status/1235247593988304896?s=20
Hollywood could do well with Sorkin’s weird sexism rather than it’s current brand. gently caress it’s like when male novelists try to write what teenage girls pen in their diaries. Not good but at least it’s hilarious.

Dr. Killjoy has issued a correction as of 00:52 on Mar 5, 2020

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

mastershakeman posted:

I recently listened to Dan Carlin (who has bad opinions but is a fun listen to fill time at work) talk about WW1 and from what he said it sounds like all you need to do is force the society into an apocalyptic global hellwar, keep it in there until its society completely disintegrates and then you can take power. After that you just need to get through a brutal civil war and its all gravy.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1235374403384487936

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

AnEdgelord posted:

I recently listened to Dan Carlin (who has bad opinions but is a fun listen to fill time at work) talk about WW1 and from what he said it sounds like all you need to do is force the society into an apocalyptic global hellwar, keep it in there until its society completely disintegrates and then you can take power. After that you just need to get through a brutal civil war and its all gravy.

So all we have to do is wait a few more years