Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Filthy Hans posted:

that time when the cult of Rael claimed they had cloned a human embryo

I don't even think that would be hard to do. I could probably manage it with the equipment at my company's laboratory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

ikanreed posted:

I don't even think that would be hard to do. I could probably manage it with the equipment at my company's laboratory.

it was more that they claimed they had produced a healthy cloned human baby

good luck cloning a mammal that makes it through middle age without every single organ failing

ofc they also said they'd make the kid available for independent testing and welshed on it

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Filthy Hans posted:

good luck cloning a mammal that makes it through middle age without every single organ failing

I know there wasn’t a disclaimer, but you know Moon wasn’t a documentary, right?

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

Remember TobleroneTriangular doing a Ron Paul gimmick and he got so into it he nearly had a psychotic break?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

im permabanned poster tobleronetriangular58...

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

Remember TobleroneTriangular doing a Ron Paul gimmick and he got so into it he nearly had a psychotic break?

I think about TT probably twice a day. Esp the huge helldump posts where dozens of self-professed forums sleuths and bullshit detectors bought the whole thing hook line and sinker.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I've heard TobleroneTriangular and his shtick mentioned a few times...what was it exactly that happened? He acted like he was Ron Paul and people fell for it?

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

An insane mind posted:

I've heard TobleroneTriangular and his shtick mentioned a few times...what was it exactly that happened? He acted like he was Ron Paul and people fell for it?

He acted like a insane libertarian Ron Paul supporter and did such a good job that not a single person doubted him. He later quit saying that he had got so into it that the fake personality he had created was starting to intrude into his real life

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

An insane mind posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2080

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010
we tortured some folks

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHTcqWvCfY0

Joe loving Biden presenting the medal of freedom to George Bush in 2018. I must have completely forgotten about it since I don't recall ever watching it until just now.

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 19:24 on Mar 4, 2020

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Radirot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHTcqWvCfY0

Joe loving Biden presenting the medal of freedom to George Bush in 2018. I must have completely forgotten about it since I don't recall ever watching it until just now.

Don't worry, most likely Joe Biden forgot about it too

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Filthy Hans posted:

that time when the cult of Rael claimed they had cloned a human embryo

their logo was literally a swastika inside a star of david.

they eventually had to change it on account of it being a swastika inside a star of david

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
though it could have been a sheriff star, or plain star!

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Elizabeth Warren.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
it really is amazing how the internet went from "i hope she runs for president one day" to "please stop running for president"

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Gum posted:

He acted like a insane libertarian Ron Paul supporter and did such a good job that not a single person doubted him. He later quit saying that he had got so into it that the fake personality he had created was starting to intrude into his real life

SA really was proto-twitter

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

mooyashi posted:

it really is amazing how the internet went from "i hope she runs for president one day" to "please stop running for president"

It's amazing what selling out your principles can do for you

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Halser posted:

Don't worry, most likely Joe Biden forgot about it too

:golfclap:

This deserves some love.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

mooyashi posted:

wow, no respect for the Grandma Khaleesi Granger Please Fight The Bad Man With A Lightsaber Like Captain Jean-Luc Sparrow Would crowd???

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
in africa they call her Sister Khaleesi Granger Please Fight The Bad Man With A Lightsaber Like Captain Jean-Luc Sparrow Would

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

that reminds me: the nigerian pete buttigieg supporter who seems to be a real person, which really only raises more questions

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

dem prospects like castro and harris and booker had to drop out of consideration before even getting to iowa because their campaigns couldn't cobble together the funding to meet the arbitrary rules for getting slots on a debate stage, only for bloomberg to blow in after the caucuses started, qualify for a debate appearance, and then drop out immediately after a stunning super tuesday loss (rip american samoa)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

rideANDxORdie posted:

we tortured some folks

But enough about you're posts.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

Freaking Crumbum posted:

dem prospects like castro and harris and booker had to drop out of consideration before even getting to iowa because their campaigns couldn't cobble together the funding to meet the arbitrary rules for getting slots on a debate stage, only for bloomberg to blow in after the caucuses started, qualify for a debate appearance, and then drop out immediately after a stunning super tuesday loss (rip american samoa)

All of American Samoa's delegates went to Bloomberg and Tulsi Gabbard, who hasn't quit the race despite abysmal polls and getting roundly thrashed in every state thus far.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Tulsi is invincible because only she is free of the Lion’s curse

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

MaxieSatan posted:

All of American Samoa's delegates went to Bloomberg and Tulsi Gabbard, who hasn't quit the race despite abysmal polls and getting roundly thrashed in every state thus far.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
just remembered this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEcf8FKd5fI

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

That time we almost kicked off WW3 literally this year.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Jerry Cotton posted:

But enough about you're posts.

lol

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Gum posted:

one of the all time greats.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

uber_stoat posted:

lmao

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

papa horny michael posted:

Elizabeth Warren.

During Season 8 of Game of Thrones, Elizabeth Warren wrote an article how Daenyers was her favorite character, in part due to Danny's sense of justice and desire to not be like her murderous father.

Like two episodes later Dany brutally murdered thousands of innocent men, women and children, even after full surrender.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

uber_stoat posted:

I wonder if that comic someone made way back when still exists. the one where he is a teenage boy whose superpower comes from retrograde ejaculation

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

their logo was literally a swastika inside a star of david.

they eventually had to change it on account of it being a swastika inside a star of david

This reminded me of the time Finland gave Grand Cross of the Order of the White Rose of Finland to Charles de Gaulle in 1962. He didn't like it. Can't imagine why.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/syrian_mc/status/1054347137125883905?s=21

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
holy poo poo

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
that's one of the best tweets of the last decade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU