Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's true, Death Stranding makes the world feel absolutely massive. Most of the time you're limited to Sam's walking pace which is a fairly low travel speed as games go; it takes a significant investment in infrastructure to be able to maintain a high speed for long distances but once you do it really feels like an accomplishment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

gey muckle mowser posted:

more Bloodborne chat: went through Cainhurst but died a lot to the boss there, his last phase is a bastard. Decided to come back later and did Nightmare Frontier instead, that boss took me a couple tries but wasn't too bad. Did a couple chalice dungeons too, I had only done the first one so the next two were trivial at my level, but they are a great source of items. Finally went back to Unseen Village and beat the three hunters that were wrecking me before, then it was pretty smooth sailing to the boss there. Now I'm at the start of Nightmare of Mensis - is there something I can do about the Frenzy that builds up as I run around (i.e. kill something) or do I just need to suck it up and run through? I made it to the first lamp but stopped there so I don't know if it's still an issue after that.

specifically when you are outside the light from the tower is what gets Frenzy build up. IF you hide behind a rock where the light doesnt hit you, no Frenzy.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I replayed Uncharted 1 recently and calling the story good is a bit of a stretch because there basically isn't any story between the end of the intro and the last chapter or 2. It's really weird.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Neo Rasa posted:

This sells me on Death Stranding more than almost anything else about it.

Thats not even the peak, literally speaking.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The SOTC remake :stare:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Neo Rasa posted:

This sells me on Death Stranding more than almost anything else about it.

Here's the coup de grace: after laboriously hiking up the mountain through deep snowbanks and blizzards, you can swiftly hoverboard down the mountainside (and if you're like me, eat poo poo hilariously)

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

acksplode posted:

Here's the coup de grace: after laboriously hiking up the mountain through deep snowbanks and blizzards, you can swiftly hoverboard down the mountainside (and if you're like me, eat poo poo hilariously)

wait what

acksplode
May 17, 2004

My man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb-qfq2GKQ8&t=44s

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

SSD going into the Pro tonight. Gonna be a party. 🥳

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

ds seems like one of those games you couldn't have done justice last gen

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

:eyepop: holy poo poo, im in that area right now too.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
If I have a base PS4 and a real old computer with a 4590 and a 750 ti, where should I hypothetically get Original Sin 2?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I'm really liking that A Plague Tale seems to be turning into Bloodborne the further I get into it.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Blasting through the Gravity Rush series; One was "alright". After a bit of playing, the gameplay of gravity control turned out to be a lot of fun. Two starts out rough, (the tutorial) but man flying around is fun and the graphics are obviously tremendously improved. I'm going to play through it but can anyone else give me some encouragement that it is better than the first?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think it's better than the first cause they improved combat so now you can constantly throw things at enemies and kill them really fast.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Goddamn I am dealing with a perfect cascade of poo poo trying to get back into one of my secondary PSN accounts.

- I don't seem to remember the password used. I had it setup with a secondary email address.

- I have the email address and the password for it, but as a Gmail account they insist on verifying my identity and absolutely will not without the phone number on the account which I no longer have access to because I moved towns. I did set up a recovery email address on it but it straight-up does not give me the option to actually use it.

- It looks like PSN account recovery at least through the main system is now only possible if you actually have access to the email account, they don't seem to allow the DOB+security questions method anymore.

- I had this account configured still on an older PS4, but now it's saying the account is locked due to my sign-in attempts :negative: it might recover on its own if I wait, but is there even any way to change either the email address or password without having access to the current version of either, via the PlayStation itself?

I feel like I have everything I need except the exact stuff they all insist on which is enormously frustrating.

I may have to resort to contacting PSN support and hope that pans out.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

univbee posted:

I have news and also a question.

Ryu ga Gotoku 7 is 30% off currently in all regions it's available. There are Japanese, Chinese and Korean versions.

My one concern is that I'd like to get one of the versions which isn't in Japanese at its core, not only because they're about 25% cheaper, but also because the amount you have to spend on Japanese PSN (6500 yen) is hugely impractical from a points code standpoint, would have to get a 5000 and 3000 yen code (or a 5000 yen and then two 1000 yen codes but then I'm paying for three "service fees") whereas if I can buy it on the Hong Kong store I can get a 300HKD card once and be done with it. But I do want the game to actually be playable in Japanese, even if it means setting the console language to Japanese. Anyone know if the Chinese version of the game runs in Japanese if you set your console's language to Japanese?
From a long time dealing with this kind of thing, all I can say is that it's usually completely undocumented and the only way is to actually buy the game and try it.

Edit: in a practical sense, the Japanese publishers probably aren't worried about the Japanese audience buying a cheaper Chinese or Korean version instead, so it means that they wouldn't deliberately leave it out, but they could also have just not put it in. There's really no way to know.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Mar 4, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Uncharted 2 has forced stealth failure-on-detection sequences, making it the worst of the series

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Also a reminder that the enemies in Uncharted games are not bullet sponges, all unarmored non-magical enemies die to a pistol headshot or burst of rifle fire at medium range

more Bloodborne chat: went through Cainhurst but died a lot to the boss there, his last phase is a bastard. Decided to come back later and did Nightmare Frontier instead, that boss took me a couple tries but wasn't too bad. Did a couple chalice dungeons too, I had only done the first one so the next two were trivial at my level, but they are a great source of items. Finally went back to Unseen Village and beat the three hunters that were wrecking me before, then it was pretty smooth sailing to the boss there. Now I'm at the start of Nightmare of Mensis - is there something I can do about the Frenzy that builds up as I run around (i.e. kill something) or do I just need to suck it up and run through? I made it to the first lamp but stopped there so I don't know if it's still an issue after that.

Look for the key to Upper Cathedral Ward in Unseen Village. It's hidden below the big flat area RIGHT before the stairs to 3 hunters building. The area with the laser.

Once you've done UCW (and before you beat the boss at the top of Mensis) it's time to hit The Hunter's Nightmare DLC. Go as far as you possibly can in that before you finish Mensis.

There's also Chalices if you're so inclined.

Professor of Cats posted:

Blasting through the Gravity Rush series; One was "alright". After a bit of playing, the gameplay of gravity control turned out to be a lot of fun. Two starts out rough, (the tutorial) but man flying around is fun and the graphics are obviously tremendously improved. I'm going to play through it but can anyone else give me some encouragement that it is better than the first?

It's far better than the first.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you BP

The Neal!
Sep 3, 2004

Look for the key to Upper Cathedral Ward in Unseen Village. It's hidden below the big flat area RIGHT before the stairs to 3 hunters building. The area with the laser.

Once you've done UCW (and before you beat the boss at the top of Mensis) it's time to hit The Hunter's Nightmare DLC. Go as far as you possibly can in that before you finish Mensis.

Yeah, Upper Cathedral Ward is hard to find but it's must see content.

I know I was wrong before but I agree that right after that you should hit the DLC.

I bought the Uncharted collection before 4 came out because I'd never played it before.

Uncharted 1 was one of the worst gameplay experiences ever and I hated Drake's personality so much... I had just had a devastating break up from a 6 year relationship with an archeologist the week before so it probably wasn't the smartest game purchase I could have made and that probably coloured it a whole lot.

Things got better in 2 and 3 but there were some parts that reeeeeeeeally dragged, set pieces were awesome though in BOTH games.

4 freaking rules and Lost Legacy is great too.

It's no Last of Us in my opinion but the Uncharted series can be a lot of fun. Except for the first one. gently caress the first one

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Neal! posted:

Uncharted 1 was one of the worst gameplay experiences ever and I hated Drake's personality so much... I had just had a devastating break up from a 6 year relationship with an archeologist the week before so it probably wasn't the smartest game purchase I could have made and that probably coloured it a whole lot.

:thunk:
Hmmm maybe

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

The Neal! posted:

Lol this is a good story thanks for telling it.

The Neal!
Sep 3, 2004

JBP posted:

Lol this is a good story thanks for telling it.

Yeah, I walked to the store, saw the cover, knew what the game was about, got about 10 minutes into the game and only THEN realised this might have been a mistake. I'm a real idiot.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

The Neal! posted:

Yeah, I walked to the store, saw the cover, knew what the game was about, got about 10 minutes into the game and only THEN realised this might have been a mistake. I'm a real idiot.

I felt the same when I started playing God of War, it was a bad game to play just after being broken up with by a giant bearded man who loves axe throwing.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Of course the guy on the cover with a shotgun is an archaeologist. Shotguns are a standard part of archeology equipment right?

Hollywood is never wrong about this stuff.

3DBlast
Oct 9, 2012

univbee posted:

Goddamn I am dealing with a perfect cascade of poo poo trying to get back into one of my secondary PSN accounts.

- I don't seem to remember the password used. I had it setup with a secondary email address.

- I have the email address and the password for it, but as a Gmail account they insist on verifying my identity and absolutely will not without the phone number on the account which I no longer have access to because I moved towns. I did set up a recovery email address on it but it straight-up does not give me the option to actually use it.

- It looks like PSN account recovery at least through the main system is now only possible if you actually have access to the email account, they don't seem to allow the DOB+security questions method anymore.

- I had this account configured still on an older PS4, but now it's saying the account is locked due to my sign-in attempts :negative: it might recover on its own if I wait, but is there even any way to change either the email address or password without having access to the current version of either, via the PlayStation itself?

I feel like I have everything I need except the exact stuff they all insist on which is enormously frustrating.

I may have to resort to contacting PSN support and hope that pans out.

If you contact them they'll ask for info on something you bought off of PSN with that account (Order ID/Date/Price/What It Was) or the serial number of the PS4 you made the account on, then they'll maybe think about changing the email address for you.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I made it through like 2 levels of Uncharted 1 before uninstalling the whole collection.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Uncharted 2 has forced stealth failure-on-detection sequences, making it the worst of the series

"There's an enemy above you! An enemy above you!"

*yoink*

"...there's an enemy below you! An enemy below you!"

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

SUNKOS posted:

"There's an enemy above you! An enemy above you!"

*yoink*

"...there's an enemy below you! An enemy below you!"

I wonder how long it took someone to realize they should show that guard swimming away because otherwise Nate just killed some random guy.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Shadow of Colossus remake thoughts:

Yes

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Oh yeah, I did find that key but haven’t gone looking for where to use it yet, I’ll go back and explore, thanks!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

RED HOT SLIT posted:

If you contact them they'll ask for info on something you bought off of PSN with that account (Order ID/Date/Price/What It Was) or the serial number of the PS4 you made the account on, then they'll maybe think about changing the email address for you.

Right now I have an escalation with Google support because come the gently caress on, I have the account password and access to the recovery email account, my access should not be solely dependent on a loving SMS when I have everything else.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Oh yeah, I did find that key but haven’t gone looking for where to use it yet, I’ll go back and explore, thanks!

Use it where you found the Ludwig Sword. Elevator up from Odeon Chapel.

The Neal!
Sep 3, 2004

Probably my favourite area in the base game :)

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

WaltherFeng posted:

Shadow of Colossus remake thoughts:

Yes

I've never played any version of the game and I'm pretty excited

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Nathan Drake isn't an archaeologist he's a grave robber treasure hunter

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Nathan Drake isn't an archaeologist grave robber he's a grave robber treasure hunter

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
He's a fratboy jackass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

He's archaeology adjacent at least.