Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

papa horny michael posted:

and healthcare, and numerous other items. it's essentially what he did to hillary!

If this thing comes down to who gets most olds, Trump can run on expansion or protecting SS/Medicare and running ad after ad of Biden talking about gutting them. That with dementia poo poo probably a good strat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I feel like I've been vacillating between resolve and despair all day. I keep wondering if there's some campaign decisions that could have changed this outcome, especially Bernie's deficiencies with older and rural voters which wasn't as big of a problem in 2016. Maybe if he had messaged being closer to FDR or emphasized the Veteran's bill, the community health centers amendment, his amendments in Congress in TV ads. Or if he'd been going hard on Biden's SS and bankruptcy records in ads since Iowa. Thinking about the totality of it is just getting me really bummed out since while the campaign is shifting gears a bit now it may be too little too late. I was feeling more optimistic this morning but now I don't know.

The bad campaign decision was we all thought Biden was dead and the Clyburn endorsement wouldn't matter.

I'm pessimistic myself but even in the worst-case scenario it will just be Joe with a heavily Bernie-influenced platform. That's why it's important to run up the score and get delegates. Also it's nice we can concentrate all our fire on Biden now. Bernie or Bust (your centrist candidate).

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
e: math is hard lol

Raskolnikov38 has issued a correction as of 01:14 on Mar 5, 2020

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lmao if she ends up being his vp or secretary of treasury

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Terror Sweat posted:

The issue is that Bernie and Biden won’t reach 50 plus 1, then it gets given to Biden

fighting biden tooth and nail is a moral obligation to me

it'll be harder to burn this fucker down if biden gets a first ballot majority no matter what happens after, so while I haven't given up on Bernie getting a plurality, or even an outside hope at a full majority, denying biden's convention first ballot coronation is straight up worth the fight

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

e: nvm these dnc rules are hard

Raskolnikov38 has issued a correction as of 01:09 on Mar 5, 2020

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward

she is definitely trying to get a vp position out of this

daft
Oct 16, 2012
wonder what plump position will be conceded to the snake

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Terror Sweat posted:

The issue is that Bernie and Biden won’t reach 50 plus 1, then it gets given to Biden

Unless Warren or Tulsi gets a miraculous boost of support and start being viable consistently, I think someone is very likely to get to %50.01 percent

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ora Tzo posted:

But the lack of youth turnout is concerning, reminds me of what happened to corbs.

No poo poo? Bernie’s entire strategy was a surge of young voters and well, they don’t exist.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Honestly its too late and the damage is done, but if she endorses Bernie at least she probably wont be primaried and we MIGHT get some shifts in Biden's policies (i will still not vote for him)

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Yinlock posted:

resolve is the correct one, things are bad but it's not the ABSOLUTE BLOWOUT the establishment wants you to think

You realize it doesnt have to be an absolute blowout, right? Literally the only way bernie survives to get nomimated and elected is with a massive groundswell of support that I haven't seen happening in this fash, assbackward hellhole country.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

back you plebs! back down into the gutter I say!!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

If this ends up coming together and if she ends up being key in delivering a Bernie victory, that would be a hell of a thing

Those are pretty big ifs, though, and she already did so much damage. We could have won TX, MA, and MN if it weren't for her doomed vanity campaign

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Ora Tzo posted:

But the lack of youth turnout is concerning, reminds me of what happened to corbs.

This whole thing is a corbs replay but filtered through the American primary system

Including the dawning realisation that the campaign might not actually be doing the right things when you already have everything stacked against you.
Especially the whole "so many donations, I'm phone banking too, let's canvas!" stuff and then just being crushed because that doesn't create support.
And the explosive turnout of the opposition to gently caress you.

So far it isn't as bad but I was getting flashbacks all last night lol especially from The Hill stream. Buncha media lefties going "this certainly is *interesting*" isn't it. Hmm."

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Spergin Morlock posted:

Make her Treasury Secretary, fire her the first time she does something that he doesn't like.

secretaries are easy to replace and she'll be too gutless to do anything about it after its happened

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
Do it Warren. Start your redemption arc.

DO IT

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

remove 771 delegates from the equation as they are super delegates

wait no they're already excluded. gently caress this might be more possible than i thought

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Or just lie to her like Hillary did.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

remove 771 delegates from the equation as they are super delegates
Am I just bad at math or the rules or something? Superdelegates are unpledged, and only relevant in the event of the contested convention. Why do all the websites say there are 3979 pledged delegates?

The race is incredibly close and a tiny amount of delegates were wasted before they consolidated it to a one on one. Why would Bernie need to win a huge majority?

EDIT: Yeah there are 3979 pledged, and 771 unpledged, for a total of 4750 only in the event of a contested convention.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

WarEternal posted:

You realize it doesnt have to be an absolute blowout, right? Literally the only way bernie survives to get nomimated and elected is with a massive groundswell of support that I haven't seen happening in this fash, assbackward hellhole country.

considering how hard biden had to cheat just to break even i'd say that support exists

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

ralph nader is the anti-succ

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

And honestly since the damage is done the DNC might as well just give the go ahead for her to endorse Bernie since it'll make it look like Not the entire establishment had knives out against him

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva

Entenzahn posted:

Do it Warren. Start your redemption arc.

DO IT

lol

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Warren still sucks but if she drops out before the weekend and endorses Bernie i wont complain about her, especially when there are like 40 other dem senators who are way worse

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Spergin Morlock posted:

yeah, that'd be great :unsmith:

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I think y'all are underestimating how effective she could be as an attack dog on Biden. The media would have to pay attention

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

wait no they're already excluded. gently caress this might be more possible than i thought

like i said, bad but not unsalvageably bad

it's gonna be a fight

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva

whatis posted:

ralph nader is the anti-succ

Unsucc at any speed

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
just lmao if after all this warren does a full 180 and trains her billionaire-destroying snake powers fully on Joe Biden

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Martman posted:

Am I just bad at math or the rules or something? Superdelegates are unpledged, and only relevant in the event of the contested convention. Why do all the websites say there are 3979 pledged delegates?

The race is incredibly close and a tiny amount of delegates were wasted before they consolidated it to a one on one. Why would Bernie need to win a huge majority?

EDIT: Yeah there are 3979 pledged, and 771 unpledged, for a total of 4750 only in the event of a contested convention.

yeah you're right and i'm not

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Entenzahn posted:

The bad campaign decision was we all thought Biden was dead and the Clyburn endorsement wouldn't matter.

I'm pessimistic myself but even in the worst-case scenario it will just be Joe with a heavily Bernie-influenced platform. That's why it's important to run up the score and get delegates. Also it's nice we can concentrate all our fire on Biden now. Bernie or Bust (your centrist candidate).

There's not much Bernie could have done against Obama making the calls to force Pete and Klob out of the race and behind him. He could have hit more fire against Biden early on but it wouldn't have mattered since clearly the party is interested in ramming Biden through no matter how unfit and awful a candidate he is. The SC democratic machine is entirely old church ladies who will never vote for anything remotely left wing and they turn out every single time (except for the general election, apparently. weird how that happens).

But yes, we're far from finished. This wasn't gonna be easy and we got whupped in a lot of states we thought we'd do well in but things are tightening up and if we keep focusing fire on Biden's senility and his truly horrible record with social security and bankruptcy, we still have a decent shot at this.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Mantis42 posted:

Or just lie to her like Hillary did.

or Obama did lol

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

just accept you live in a society and embrace your inner joker

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Does anyone have the quote where Bloomberg said he'd be damned before he'd drop out? I really should've saved that.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Percelus posted:

just accept you live in a society and embrace your inner joker

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward

Shipon posted:

There's not much Bernie could have done against Obama making the calls to force Pete and Klob out of the race and behind him. He could have hit more fire against Biden early on but it wouldn't have mattered since clearly the party is interested in ramming Biden through no matter how unfit and awful a candidate he is. The SC democratic machine is entirely old church ladies who will never vote for anything remotely left wing and they turn out every single time (except for the general election, apparently. weird how that happens).

But yes, we're far from finished. This wasn't gonna be easy and we got whupped in a lot of states we thought we'd do well in but things are tightening up and if we keep focusing fire on Biden's senility and his truly horrible record with social security and bankruptcy, we still have a decent shot at this.

I got blackpilled pretty hard by ST but yeah, if Warren actually joins Bernie instead of acting as perpetual spoiler and if it's really just down to him v Biden this is definitely not over.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Communist Thoughts posted:

This whole thing is a corbs replay but filtered through the American primary system

Including the dawning realisation that the campaign might not actually be doing the right things when you already have everything stacked against you.
Especially the whole "so many donations, I'm phone banking too, let's canvas!" stuff and then just being crushed because that doesn't create support.
And the explosive turnout of the opposition to gently caress you.

So far it isn't as bad but I was getting flashbacks all last night lol especially from The Hill stream. Buncha media lefties going "this certainly is *interesting*" isn't it. Hmm."

Bernie's strategy is still only a partial failure in a way that can't be said for Corbyn. Youth aren't turning out but he's genuinely capitalizing on latino support.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Warren has spent months attacking the Bernie campaign, she's not endorsing lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

papa horny michael posted:

or Obama did lol

lol

does anyone have that youtube link of one of her fellow professors / feminist ppl speaking about her? it came out like sunday I think?