Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
my first bioware game is probably gonna be the sonic rpg and there's nothing any of y'all can do to stop me

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Looper posted:

my first bioware game is probably gonna be the sonic rpg and there's nothing any of y'all can do to stop me

I dont see why we would need to as your ears will do it for us

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hey, by metacritic it's better than anything they've made in the past five years.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrpglqYeQBc

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

i want langrisser dramatic edition to just be langrisser but there are constant unnecessary slow zoom-ins and pans and loud piano stings

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

... wait is this supposed to be the final boss theme from Sonic 3?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Colonel posted:

i want langrisser dramatic edition to just be langrisser but there are constant unnecessary slow zoom-ins and pans and loud piano stings
langrisser twin snakes

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

pro tip: take time to talk to everyone in Roer while Angelica's with you

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Looper posted:

We can't do anything compared to the game's active attempts at thwarting you.
I hope you like Mario RPG style mini games except horribly tedious and also the entire move fails if you mess up one of the 20 inputs required.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

HGH posted:

We can't do anything compared to the game's active attempts at thwarting you.
I hope you like Mario RPG style mini games except horribly tedious and also the entire move fails if you mess up one of the 20 inputs required.

wait, is it the precursor to YIIK?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Totori: What is the best way to ensure a steady supply of pies into the Chims? Just hang around the village and buy them up from Ceci or bite the bullet and and churn out a few via synthesis every now and then?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Nate RFB posted:

Totori: What is the best way to ensure a steady supply of pies into the Chims? Just hang around the village and buy them up from Ceci or bite the bullet and and churn out a few via synthesis every now and then?

You can probably register pies with one of the shops

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

cheetah7071 posted:

You can probably register pies with one of the shops
No one in Arland seems to let pies register, biggest betrayal by Iksel thus far.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

No, when you complete them at the end you actually do damage.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Ok now that's a bit rude to Sonic. I may have misremembered the length of the attacks and oversold them a little. Here's a gameplay bit from an old playthrough that went down here.
But drat if it isn't harsh on the ears.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Someone mentioned reverting the steam version of FF15 to an earlier version to make it more stable? Does that disable cheevos and how do I do it?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

A Sometimes Food posted:

Someone mentioned reverting the steam version of FF15 to an earlier version to make it more stable? Does that disable cheevos and how do I do it?

actually the way to make ff15 more stable is to give yourself a couple dozen gigabytes of virtual memory. read about how to allocate HD space to pagefile

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

So is FeMC in Persona 3 really this fun and charismatic, or is this just something where Persona Q2 is taking artistic license? Because holy gently caress she's awesome and I never had the urge to actually play through P3P until now, but if she's just a generic silent protag in game, i'm gonna be pissed and mad that I let the game ruin her for me.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
she's a silent protag who has moderately more colorful and funny dialog options than the male mc. at the very least compared to the male mc she actually has lines that make her feel like she's friends with people

tho a lot of why she's better in p3p is more cause she avoids some of its worst s links, no fat cult kid or kid who wants to gently caress his tutor

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Mar 4, 2020

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

waah posted:

So is FeMC in Persona 3 really this fun and charismatic, or is this just something where Persona Q2 is taking artistic license? Because holy gently caress she's awesome and I never had the urge to actually play through P3P until now, but if she's just a generic silent protag in game, i'm gonna be pissed and mad that I let the game ruin her for me.

it's the latter. pretty much all the persona protagonists are really dull silent ciphers who will at most sometimes emote concern if they're the main character of the given game. major exception is maya who remains perky and fun after being passed the mc curse.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
idk i don't think maya survived the transition either because she's still. an awkwardly silent character. and it works even worse than anyone else because so much of what defines her in innocent sin is the way she talks

swapping speaking roles between her and tatsuya is the dullest thing they could've ever possibly done and i really hate that about ep

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

The Colonel posted:

she's a silent protag who has moderately more colorful and funny dialog options than the male mc. at the very least compared to the male mc she actually has lines that make her feel like she's friends with people

tho a lot of why she's better in p3p is more cause she avoids some of its worst s links, no fat cult kid or kid who wants to gently caress his tutor

That's a bummer. In PQ2 I think the closest way I can think of to describe her like a female Vyse from Skies in terms of her upbeatness and can do spirit. I enjoy this game a lot more than I thought I would, but she's the real star and steals the show anytime she's on screen.

Edit: don't forget the absolute best song from the soundtrack for anyone who'll never play the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsdMTmz4k5Q

waah fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Mar 4, 2020

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CYBEReris posted:

it's the latter. pretty much all the persona protagonists are really dull silent ciphers who will at most sometimes emote concern if they're the main character of the given game. major exception is maya who remains perky and fun after being passed the mc curse.

To be fair, the Persona 4 anime took the route of having the main character just slam-pick all the stupid/funny dialogue options from the game.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."

Neddy Seagoon posted:

To be fair, the Persona 4 anime took the route of having the main character just slam-pick all the stupid/funny dialogue options from the game.

While maintaining this stoic expression that always clashed nicely with all the funny poo poo he got up to.

https://youtu.be/l8dkq26Onno?t=1246

ElBrak fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Mar 4, 2020

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

The Colonel posted:

idk i don't think maya survived the transition either because she's still. an awkwardly silent character. and it works even worse than anyone else because so much of what defines her in innocent sin is the way she talks

swapping speaking roles between her and tatsuya is the dullest thing they could've ever possibly done and i really hate that about ep

doesn’t help that tatsuya is an utter bore even when voiced

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Wouldn't you too if you had to deal with Chie clones out of nowhere?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Oh boy, I forgot how big the ramp up in damage/defense numbers was at the end of Rune Factory 4. By which I mean the start of Rune Prana. At least I can grow level ten pineapples for days even if I can't make juice out of them yet.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

P3P female protag has some really funny dialogue options and more of a personality than any other persona silent protag, but shes still a silent protag

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

tatsuya works alright as a silent protag because he's basically just this awkward quiet dude when voiced anyways, but maya becoming silent in ep was always a kinda confusing choice, imo.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

The Colonel posted:

She loses points earned for avoiding the bad S. Links from the original with Ken, kinda.

Though, I think I'm one of the few people that didn't like how she was done in general.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's bad optional ken stuff vs bad mandatory scene of hashino pissing his pants about trans people, so i've never cared that much about that tradeoff

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I may regret asking this, but... there was transphobia in P3? I mean, it would make sense, but i don't remember any.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the beach scene where you and junpei go hitting on women and the joke is that one of them... isn't a woman!?! and then says "i almost got myself a boy toy"

even if it isn't strictly transphobia it's uh. impossible to read it in any way that doesn't suck

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Amppelix posted:

I may regret asking this, but... there was transphobia in P3? I mean, it would make sense, but i don't remember any.

At the beach, during operation babe hunt, the boys keep getting shot down by anyone they try to talk to. Then they meet an, I believe slightly older woman, who's fine with their advances and plays along. Someone points out she has an adam's apple or facial hair or something, and then everyone runs away. I think. It's been awhile.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

gently caress i remember her now, i knew there was a reason i hated that scene beyond "the boys engage in outdated gender stereotypes"

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Amppelix posted:

"the boys engage in outdated gender stereotypes"

but enough about hashino games

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I've have Blue Reflection on my steam wishlist for a while now. Is the current sale ($24) a decent pricepoint for it, or is too bad of a game even for that?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

cheetah7071 posted:

I've have Blue Reflection on my steam wishlist for a while now. Is the current sale ($24) a decent pricepoint for it, or is too bad of a game even for that?

It's mostly running around the high school seeing character events. Every chapter a new girl is introduced and eventually their problems get so bad they have a mental breakdown that opens up a dungeon. The dungeon portions only serve to advance the plot by having to destroy a certain number of monsters or collect items while avoiding monsters. All leveling up is through earning skill points completing the main story line, helping NPCs, or seeing character events. Basically a playable magical girl anime. The only real challenge comes from super bosses that show up every 3 chapters (enough so that each of the 3 magical girls can have a partner assigned from their new friends.) They had an interesting concept but just ran out of dev time to really polish it.

I paid 35 and got enjoyment out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
BR had an incredibly pretty and ephemeral soundtrack