Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Do y’all have home workout plans just in case?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
No

Only exception is deload week where I change it up quite a bit so bodyweight might be fine

But I don't have a barbell or weights at home, the gym is only 5 mins walk from me anyway so

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Accidentally called 911 today during log clean & press. Was wearing wrist wraps & a smart watch and didn't realize the wrap was pressing the side button throughout a whole set. Looked down a minute later and realized I'd been on the line with 911 for 45+ seconds. That was kinda embarassing but at least the dude was cool about it

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sir, according to the biometric readings I'm getting here you are dangerously swole, an ambulance is being dispatched immediately

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
The only thing my watch seems to care about is my dropping heart rate. As I keep losing weight & upping cardio my HR is dipping considerably and every morning I have twenty notifications about "YOUR HEART RATE WAS BELOW 40 FOR AT LEAST TEN MINUTES NINETEEN TIMES LAST NIGHT, GO SEE A DOCTOR". My current best while sleeping is 28bpm on Feb 24th. I want to hit <25

Also it turns out you can disable automatic emergency dialing on your watch so yeah, I've done that for all future sessions

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

bomb posted:

Do y’all have home workout plans just in case?

You don't?

Jokes aside yeah, I have dumbbells in 15 and 25lbs, 125lbs of resistance on a standard squat/press bar and an adjustable bench. poo poo's a little tight in my apartment but it does work in a pinch, have to dumbbell press and low ceilings/being tall are a challenge to do squats. Better than just sitting around when the weather is too lovely to go outside in.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

The Arnolds are cancelled

Truly, Coronavirus has stolen our gains.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Sounds like they'll still compete but no audience. I'm guessing we'll still get live streams.

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather
my gym is already in my basement and i have 20 lbs of protein powder and 30 lbs of rice in my closet so i’m all set for quarantine

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Between face-pulls and hip thrusts I'm not sure what my new favorite exercise is.

Turkish get-ups always interested me but they really look like a lot of devoted effort.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Between face-pulls and hip thrusts I'm not sure what my new favorite exercise is.

Turkish get-ups always interested me but they really look like a lot of devoted effort.

Lots of time under tension but you can always start with a medicine ball or a shoe or something until your form is good I actually superset my getups with hip thrusts for a nice combo on the floor

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/fckeveryword/status/1235044811075272704

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Triceps are good, they make my arms look huge

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

My sub unit tenant is moving out this month so I’ll be putting the power rack, heavy bag, and bike trainer back together in that space. Now to craft an oly platform. If we end up on lockdown here in the PNW I will be good to go. I have a boat load of whey/casein from the velocity diet. Could be a good time to max my cut.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Mine is still the 2 handed swing but also doing bench press a lot lately.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Face-pulls have done wonders for my shoulder slouch.

Now if only I could fix the rest of my back.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Supersetting leg press with trap bar deadlifts feels pretty good.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Did some Barbell Hip Thrusts today since they got brought up recently and I hadn't done them in a long time. I'm sure my rear end is gonna hurt tomorrow.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

nooneofconsequence posted:

Sounds like they'll still compete but no audience. I'm guessing we'll still get live streams.

They completely canceled the animal Pak cage which bummed me out.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Did some Barbell Hip Thrusts today since they got brought up recently and I hadn't done them in a long time. I'm sure my rear end is gonna hurt tomorrow.

Yeah but will you feel the hip thrusts?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I feel really bad for a lot of the small vendors. Jordan from Bacon and Barbells got totally hosed by this.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

MA-Horus posted:

I feel really bad for a lot of the small vendors. Jordan from Bacon and Barbells got totally hosed by this.

I just bought their Antisocial Lifting Club zip hoodie. Dude wrote a little message on his business card. That sucks.

abgushte badamjan
Apr 4, 2009

for butts??????

And because so many athletes have dropped out of various events the scheduling is all messed up. I was supposed to be in the B session for my weight class, but (also partially due to USAW's error with my entry total) now I'm in the bottom of the A session and will probably have to follow my own attempts jeez.

E: the gains gods are merciful and have placed me back in the B session with the correct entry total

abgushte badamjan fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Mar 6, 2020

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Zzulu posted:

Triceps are good, they make my arms look huge

Beefy arm croissants 4 lyfe

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Anybody use a belt for olympic lifting? I'd feel better with some support after my recent back issues. I've got a powerlifting belt but it's definitely too bulky. An Eleiko belt is only $50, but for 1 or 2 lifts, eh... I'm wondering if a $20 nylon or neoprene belt off amazon will serve me just as well.

abgushte badamjan
Apr 4, 2009

for butts??????

Anybody use a belt for olympic lifting? I'd feel better with some support after my recent back issues. I've got a powerlifting belt but it's definitely too bulky. An Eleiko belt is only $50, but for 1 or 2 lifts, eh... I'm wondering if a $20 nylon or neoprene belt off amazon will serve me just as well.

Your numbers probably aren't anywhere near where a Velcro one would pop open, and it's more adjustable than a notched belt so that's another advantage. With that said, you should really be doing your accessory strength lifts, i.e. squats, (push) press, etc., with the same belt you use for the comp lifts if Olympic weightlifting is your focus, so you'd be using it for more than just "1 or 2 lifts".

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

this has been the best weightlifting belt for the last decade and a half and that's not going to change any time soon

https://www.roguefitness.com/schiek...NRoCqB4QAvD_BwE

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

Omnikin posted:

The only thing my watch seems to care about is my dropping heart rate. As I keep losing weight & upping cardio my HR is dipping considerably and every morning I have twenty notifications about "YOUR HEART RATE WAS BELOW 40 FOR AT LEAST TEN MINUTES NINETEEN TIMES LAST NIGHT, GO SEE A DOCTOR". My current best while sleeping is 28bpm on Feb 24th. I want to hit <25

Also it turns out you can disable automatic emergency dialing on your watch so yeah, I've done that for all future sessions

Jesus dude, under a beat every two seconds sounds... Not good. I do remember back when I was hospitalized in college, I was a regular runner. In the ICU I couldn't get any sleep because my heart rate was constantly dropping into the 30s as I started falling asleep. Freaked the nurses out.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

this has been the best weightlifting belt for the last decade and a half and that's not going to change any time soon

https://www.roguefitness.com/schiek...NRoCqB4QAvD_BwE

I will argue to my dying day that lever belts are superior in every possible way to both latch and velcro belts.
Mainly for the intensely satisfying feeling of slapping that bad boy open after a heavy set.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Herbicidal Maniac posted:

Jesus dude, under a beat every two seconds sounds... Not good. I do remember back when I was hospitalized in college, I was a regular runner. In the ICU I couldn't get any sleep because my heart rate was constantly dropping into the 30s as I started falling asleep. Freaked the nurses out.

It's slowly dipped down this year as I've dropped weight. Late Dec/early Jan I was at a resting rate of 55-60, now 35-40 with a sleeping rate below that. It's pretty consistent according to my watch. Over the last month I've been adding more steady state cardio at 150-180bpm too so that only helps strengthen my heart. Here's to living forever!

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I'm gonna kick so much rear end once warmer weather gets here. Chiseled god by the end of summer, count on it.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
giant men moving stuff all weekend for our viewing pleasure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIblI5rVFGM

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Surprised to see Martins struggle with the stones. Killed any chance he had of winning in the first event.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Martins :( I like him, found out about him through Juji's YT channel, he's a cool dude

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Martins :( I like him, found out about him through Juji's YT channel, he's a cool dude

I like how Juji just seems to be able to get any famous swole person to come and train in his garage

Also I love the arm wrestling video where he turns up and wins a competition first time via the strength of his roid arms

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

One event left. Thor bombed out in event 5 and Mateusz crushed it to get in striking distance though not really unless Thor hurts himself. Really fun to see Mateusz ascending to the next level though especially coming off that bicep tear.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp0lfWP2I2I

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

I’m competing with my gyms shared monthly challenge with kettlebells and I’m putting up some good numbers. I can’t believe how much time some people spend at the gym doing group fitness and cardio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
I've been making it a point to add dips into my routine and I feel pretty good. My goal is mainly to bring my overhead press up so I'm doing that lift twice a week now followed by dips So far so good but I'm finding as I get older I really need to spend more time warming up. Hopefully I don't get coronavirus because my lifting has been going well the past few weeks.