Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Nonviolent J is the apprentice gaming router designer at the North Sydney Cisco office. He's currently working on a design for a gaming router with 10 antennas in order to beat the ASUS gaming router that has 8 antennas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

A whole lot of people about to find out how awful Webex is.

yesterday was a great day for Webex Teams to have a major outage also

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Jabber sucks too.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They all suck.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Nonviolent J is the apprentice gaming router designer at the North Sydney Cisco office. He's currently working on a design for a gaming router with 10 antennas in order to beat the ASUS gaming router that has 8 antennas.

I went to officeworks yesteday and I was just thinking these routers all had alot of antennas

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I know if you want to do a bunch of different frequencies you need different antenna lengths and or types but they all look like they got as many identical antennas as they can fit on there

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Spider router, spider router, does whatever a spider router does.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think there used to be gaming network cards

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Ah yes the Killer NIC

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

I’m pretty sure Gandalf got trapped on top of this in fellowship of the ring

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

My laptop has a KillerNIC in it for wifi and im pretty certain its just a rebranded intel/qualcomm chipset with dumb software that doesnt do anything.

Gaming Routers are basically the same as the non-gaming version except they have a different ROM flashed onto it with 'gaming' settings like QoS.

basically anything + gaming means you can add 40-60% markup, make it as ugly as possible and make bank.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Visible Stink posted:

I’m pretty sure Gandalf got trapped on top of this in fellowship of the ring

My God, It's Hitler's dog!

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Wifi routers in general are bad but gaming branded poo poo is just a price hike as said. If you give so much of a poo poo about gaming that you’ll let that mechanical spider in to your home ... just run a cable.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ethernet over Power works good too. Throughput might might me lower than wifi but at least latency is stable.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The KillerNIC heatsink looks like it would be handy in a fight at least.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

wifi is awful stuff and I avoid using it. Ethernet cable supremacy. Just data cable your houses dudes, it's not that hard or expensive now.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Wifi is only for devices that move. Everything else gets cable.

The absolute worst people use wifi printers

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Vodafone office confirmed as patient zero

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

well why not posted:

Wifi routers in general are bad but gaming branded poo poo is just a price hike as said. If you give so much of a poo poo about gaming that you’ll let that mechanical spider in to your home ... just run a cable.

don't forget the rgb!!!

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

reminds me i put bisexual lights (purple led's) all around my bedroom mirror and it unironically rules so hard i'm tempted to put them around literally my entire drawers too.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

BurgerQuest posted:

Ethernet over Power works good too. Throughput might might me lower than wifi but at least latency is stable.

EoP is some sort of wizardry, but sucks if you are in an old house with lovely cabling.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Fanelien posted:

wifi is awful stuff and I avoid using it. Ethernet cable supremacy. Just data cable your houses dudes, it's not that hard or expensive now.

My laptop doesn't even have an ethernet port.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I personally don’t like wifi bc it changes my RNA and makes me like solo Paul Mcartney albums

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
It seems like every commodore owner takes greasy roads as an invitation to drive like a bigger douche than usual

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NPR Journalizard posted:

EoP is some sort of wizardry, but sucks if you are in an old house with lovely cabling.

True but most places let you return them if they don't work. I got a pair open box from mwave and it's been great but our wiring here is pretty new and simple (done in the last 15 years). They hit about 250Mbps for me which is fine for the gaming PC. Went from like 10-150msec latency on the wifi to consistent 5ms on the EoP.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I have an insanely prosperous thicc lookin crop of qld blue pumpkins coming my way soon, so far they’re the only things to successfully grow and yield results in any significant quantities. I don’t even like the gooey orange poo poo but I’m still pretty excited. Vine fruit and veges seem to go very well here but the native critters have done their thing with most of the melons I planted

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Make Gordon Ramsay's pumpkin soup.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
My chili plants just refuse to grow bigger

Like always, they just get to like maybe 6 cm tall and the stop

Poached Eggs
Feb 29, 2020

Jestery posted:

My chili plants just refuse to grow bigger

Like always, they just get to like maybe 6 cm tall and the stop

Are they grown from seeds of chilly peppers or seeds / seedlings from a nursery?

If your growing from seeds of fruit it's possible they're coming off hybrid plants or GM'd and often won't perform by design.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

EoP is good. One time I set up a LAN in Tempe between. Two houses on the same street (unknowingly).

Doesn't work on filtered power though (doctors and dentists usually)

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Corona virus won't make people eat beef maggi

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Poached Eggs posted:

Are they grown from seeds of chilly peppers or seeds / seedlings from a nursery?

If your growing from seeds of fruit it's possible they're coming off hybrid plants or GM'd and often won't perform by design.

Both from seed, and from Coles capsicums

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Apparently the boomer who's driving themselves into the wall at school hates me so much she wants to end my career. I'd like to see her try because I know the ban hammer is going to hit her very very soon. She demonstrated how much she thinks of me the other day when I said goodbye to her for the day and she grunted in response. I'm sure if somethings gonna hit the fan in my direction I would have heard about it by now which I haven't in any way shape or form.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
boomer teachers are the worst.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

naeka posted:

reminds me i put bisexual lights (purple led's) all around my bedroom mirror and it unironically rules so hard i'm tempted to put them around literally my entire drawers too.

i've been tempted to get a Hue light so I can make my room purple, but IoT stuff seems really dumb

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Panic bought 2 dozen Portuguese custard tarts today

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

i'm focusing on hoarding scrap metal so I can turn my house into a fortress I can protect, home alone style against people who want to steal back the food I stole from them

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

If you can get your hands on an old enterprise wifi AP that supports OpenWRT I recommend it. Good quality 5GHz network running at my place, while my neighbors are all busy making GBS threads up the 2GHz network.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Jestery posted:

Planted kumera and kangkong today, wish me luck goons

odious

/ˈəʊdɪəs/

extremely unpleasant; repulsive.

"a pretty odious character"