Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Don't get me wrong great guards are a nice luxury to have but they're usually way lower down on the priority list for most teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Doltos posted:

Don't get me wrong great guards are a nice luxury to have but they're usually way lower down on the priority list for most teams.

And most teams suck.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Chichevache posted:

And most teams suck.

Hernandez and Zeitler were one of the best guard combos in the league last year for the juggernaut Giants

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Abugadu posted:

Agreed, the Packers ditched both starting guards at the end of '04, and their next year was absolute garbage on offense.

It did give us the few games of Samkon Gado.

Worth it.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

7 years and a lot of money. Not Gruden esq but tepper gave him a lot

Davis has a lot less money than Tepper though so it's a bigger deal for the Raiders. 60-70 million to Tepper is basically nothing.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lineman deserved to get paid because it’s them that are getting their brains turned to mush more than anyone

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Get tackles before guards!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

seiferguy posted:

Get tackles before guards!

Get younger better cheaper healthier guards before older injury prone more expensive tackles

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Isn’t it really rare to see a straight up trade in this league? The only one I can remember is Champ Bailey and Clinton Portis.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Slowpoke! posted:

Isn’t it really rare to see a straight up trade in this league? The only one I can remember is Champ Bailey and Clinton Portis.

Kiko Alonso for Shady McCoy.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Let’s not forget that “guards don’t matter” is a core belief of one Adam Gase, offensive mastermind behind the 2019 Jets and 2018 Dolphins.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Guards are probably really important when you have a statue quarterback that's gonna stand in the pocket.

Rivers is gonna have a good year nex-

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Cover the whole football field with pretty much your best guys. about 360 degrees around the football, set good to great players and see what happens.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

So do the Chargers sign one of the vet free agent QBs and draft one of the top tackles, or do they draft a QB and put him out there with no real LT (admittedly I have no idea what their depth looks like)? As a Colts fan I'm heavily invested in the possible QB draft domino effect of this move.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Slowpoke! posted:

I was going to say the infamous Peyton for Brady trade Peyton Hillis for Brady Quinn, but it apparently involved some mid-late round picks. Still the funniest for a good minute.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

ShakeZula posted:

So do the Chargers sign one of the vet free agent QBs and draft one of the top tackles, or do they draft a QB and put him out there with no real LT (admittedly I have no idea what their depth looks like)? As a Colts fan I'm heavily invested in the possible QB draft domino effect of this move.

This really signals to me that they're going OT at #6 and probably sticking with Tyrod at QB.

For 2020 anyway

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

ShakeZula posted:

They're going to start Easton Stick.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

a neat cape posted:

This really signals to me that they're going OT at #6 and probably sticking with Tyrod at QB.

For 2020 anyway

Excellent, time to watch Justin Herbert fall to Indy and Ballard pass on him to take Javon Kinlaw or something.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

a neat cape posted:

For 2020 anyway

Bad chargers you're supposed to let Cleveland waste a promising tackle prospect!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Bad chargers you're supposed to let Cleveland waste a promising tackle prospect!

you can do that too, there are a few of them

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

fsif posted:

Kiko Alonso for Shady McCoy.

Kiko Alonso for Vince Biegel as well

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Slowpoke! posted:

Lest we forget the blockbuster trade of Sammy Davis for Rashaun Woods.

I think both the Chargers and 49ers cut them both before the preseason was over.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Slowpoke! posted:

The Texans first trade ever was player-for-player, sending Danny Wuelffer to the Redskins.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Colts got Jacoby Brissett by trading Phillip Dorsett straight-up to the Pats, too

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

ShakeZula posted:

Colts got Jacoby Brissett by trading Phillip Dorsett straight-up to the Pats, too

Dorsett helped out on a super bowl run so I can’t complain too much.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Can't believe we've come this far without mentioning the greatest WR trade in history: Jonathan Baldwin for AJ Jenkins.

I remember being able to count Jenkins career catches from memory in game day threads, not that it was hard to keep up.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
AJ Jenkins is so bulked up now you dont even know

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/SethWalder/status/1235586641768648706

This seems utterly impossible to enforce and not worth fighting about when there is so much worth fighting about for the players?

I mean you can not cite it during negotiations I guess, but the data will be out there anyway and be on everyone's mind.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Players are starting to vote on the CBA today. Voting ends next Thursday.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Slowpoke! posted:

That trade was Clinton Portis for Champ Bailey and a 2nd

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AndrewMarchand/status/1235622201690337282

:manning:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

GIVE ME PHILIP RIVERS IN THE BOOTH

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

This would be a massive overall improvement in the prime time announcer landscape. Hard to overstate it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So who replaces Al on SNF?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So who replaces Al on SNF?

Tirico

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

a neat cape posted:

GIVE ME PHILIP RIVERS IN THE BOOTH

<sees a WR shift inside outside and the free safety adjust to reveal he's blitzing>

WELL, GOLLY, WATCH WHAT THAT THERE RECEIVER'S ABOUT TO DO

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Yeah NBC hired Tirico with the plan of him taking over when Michaels retired or left.

Slowpoke! posted:

It's fairly rare, but usually when it does happen it's for bottom of the roster guys (special teamers, guys destined for the practice squad, etc).

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kalli posted:

<sees a WR shift inside outside and the free safety adjust to reveal he's blitzing>

WELL, GOLLY, WATCH WHAT THAT THERE RECEIVER'S ABOUT TO DO

YES. MORE.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
If ever there was a smug frat bro faced asshat I'd change the channel to avoid, it's P. Rivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

torgeaux posted:

If ever there was a smug frat bro faced asshat I'd change the channel to avoid, it's P. Rivers.

Are we talking about the same guy because that’s a really weird Rivers take.