Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am thinking that the Iris situation is like that Buffy episode where there were two xanders, but rather than being good and evil, one was a slob and the other a snob. Just there is Iris who can cook and one who cannot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Okay, fusing Barry and Grodd together is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing any Arrowverse show has ever done.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Run Grodd run.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Watching this as a pallatte cleanser from the debate and this is a pretty good "we can't afford that much screen time for everyone" so we'll have a Barry heavy episode. Also, a clever way to reduce the use of Grodd.

Hartley went even more evil, but at least he's back?

Edit: Chester's got a Twizzler's straw in beer?

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Feb 26, 2020

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Does Barry really have a really pronounced chin?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Oh poo poo Flash Grodd. The fastest gorilla alive.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
You know what, I think B-Team Flash really clicks. If they want to do this flipping back and forth between the crews on an episode basis I'd be down for it.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Promo for next week looks super promising. Wally's back!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

nine-gear crow posted:

You know what, I think B-Team Flash really clicks. If they want to do this flipping back and forth between the crews on an episode basis I'd be down for it.

I keep saying it, but even with the new folks you stick any two people in a scene together and they make it work. I'm honestly impressed. Folks just click.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea they were great.

And yea, Iris is evil. Well, she's being controlled by Mirror Mistress, some kind of reflection of Iris under her control.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well, Chunk's annoying as gently caress.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Mirror Mistress was a great reveal. Props to her actress for selling the gently caress out of it.

speaking of reveals, I don't want Thawne to take over Nash. On the other hand *pounds fork and knife on table* LESTCHER, LESTCHER, LETSCHER

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

howe_sam posted:

Okay, fusing Barry and Grodd together is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing any Arrowverse show has ever done.

legends is gonna have to up their game

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Okay so Mirror Iris is being controlled by/linked to Mirror Mistress but still appears to be conscious and not just a construct. The plot thickens.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I'm calling it now, Mirror/Evil Iris is gonna help the real Iris get out of the mirror world.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I loved the episode but did anyone else cringe at "slide into his mind DMs"?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

ApeHawk posted:

I loved the episode but did anyone else cringe at "slide into his mind DMs"?

Yes. Also, the new guy sucks.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He's just way too try hard. Also the show already has a fairly large cast, it definitely doesn't need yet another tech person. Especially when their whole personality is just "fanboy."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
<ahem>

Rhyno posted:

Well, Chunk's annoying as gently caress.

His stupid CHESTER P RUNK third person bullshit got old after the first time he said it.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I can't stand the character. I'd almost rather have Nora back. As it is I think the cast has become way too bloated.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Yeah. They introduced him when it looked like they were writing Cisco out but then... Cisco didn't leave. You don't really need a stand in when he's just gone for a couple episodes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Lord Bude posted:

I'd almost rather have Nora back.

You shut your goddamned mouth

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhyno posted:

<ahem>

His stupid CHESTER P RUNK third person bullshit got old after the first time he said it.

Well unfortunately for you (and everyone else) he got bumped up to series regular for next season.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I kind of like Chester but I can't remember if he has super powers or not.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He had some weird brain thing going on when he first went into containment but since he's come out they been unclear.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

STAC Goat posted:

I kind of like Chester but I can't remember if he has super powers or not.

Well, he HAD superpowers to create black holes, which is how he was discovered by the Flash in the first place.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah I just can't remember why he made a black hole or like if he still makes black holes or what. Like I kind of thought he had to show for regular black hole dialysis or something.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
He's a black hole of comedy. There, that's his superpower.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ApeHawk posted:

He's a black hole of comedy. There, that's his superpower.

He’s a bit much, I’ll admit, but not to the point where I actively hate him. I remember people had similar complaints about Cisco’s antics when he was first starting out on the show so maybe they’ll tone him down or smooth things out the more they get a feel for his character.

We’ll see.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He was a lot in the last episode but I think that was intentional because he was supposed to be trying too hard and annoying Barry. I have hope he chills a bit.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I just realized the Violett Beane (Jessie Quick) is in God Friended Me, so they weren't just making fun of the name of a show with a terrible concept, they were referencing the show of an old costar that has a terrible concept.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

oh jay posted:

I just realized the Violett Beane (Jessie Quick) is in God Friended Me, so they weren't just making fun of the name of a show with a terrible concept, they were referencing the show of an old costar that has a terrible concept.

It’s also another Greg Berlanti show with a handful of ex Flash crew working on it.

Though what shows these days aren’t Berlanti?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

AlliedBiscuit posted:

It’s also another Greg Berlanti show with a handful of ex Flash crew working on it.

Though what shows these days aren’t Berlanti?

Hey, you tell me. He's your boss :v:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

Hey, you tell me. He's your boss :v:

Or maybe he IS Berlanti.... :tinfoil:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So what you're saying is God Tweeted Me is potentially in the new Multiverse and i have to watch it before ZeroHour or Final Crisis or whatever.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

STAC Goat posted:

So what you're saying is God Tweeted Me is potentially in the new Multiverse and i have to watch it before ZeroHour or Final Crisis or whatever.

Also watch Blindspot, All American, Riverdale, Sabrina, Katy Keene, You, Red Line, Love Simon, Dawson’s Creek, Golden Boy, Eli Stone, and Everwood. After that you’ll be all caught up for next season.

Crossover is gonna be big y’all.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

What about Stargirl?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

AlliedBiscuit posted:

Also watch Blindspot, All American, Riverdale, Sabrina, Katy Keene, You, Red Line, Love Simon, Dawson’s Creek, Golden Boy, Eli Stone, and Everwood. After that you’ll be all caught up for next season.

Crossover is gonna be big y’all.

Who is the creepier Stalker, Barry or Joe from You? 🤷🏾‍♀️

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

So Barry's moved from murdering metas to the entire Speedforce? Dream big you doofus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
It's the SLOWFORCE!