Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

track day bro! posted:

so is that where all of williams engineering budget for the 2020 car went

It went on Paddy's severance package

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

holy poo poo they severed his package? I don't rate the guy but that seems quite harsh all the same.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

NtotheTC posted:

holy poo poo they severed his package? I don't rate the guy but that seems quite harsh all the same.

🙄

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Buxton acting like he had some hot scoop that as the team manager you bear responsibility and omg Paddy didn’t take responsibility was really annoying

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

don't tell me you're a fan of Paddy "The Eunuch" Lowe as well. FIX YOUR BRAIN

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

That was a dumb joke. Paddy is loving terrible but acting like the situation at Williams was his fault and not the cumulative result of 20 years of lovely organizational leadership is stupid.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Signing paddy Lowe on a giant contract is part of the bad leadership btw

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Continuing to employ Claire is another

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Claire seems nice. Rebus, is Claire nice? Is she actually any good at Scalextric or was that movie magic?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I dunno if she seems that nice. Dan and Lando seem nice. All the team managers seem like fake dicks.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I dunno if she seems that nice. Dan and Lando seem nice. All the team managers seem like fake dicks.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Wait so what position does Hack Clown inhabit? Is he the Gene Haas or Frank Williams of McLaren?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

he has the attitude of gene haas but about the same ability to run as frank williams

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Binnoto is low energy as gently caress

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

NtotheTC posted:

he has the attitude of gene haas but about the same ability to run as frank williams

heh

what is amazing to me is when he takes some of his race cars out. like, how the gently caress does that dude fit in a porsche 962??

Zeta Acosta posted:

Binnoto is low energy as gently caress

news flash: binoto is a beta cuck

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

GramCracker posted:

heh

what is amazing to me is when he takes some of his race cars out. like, how the gently caress does that dude fit in a porsche 962??

news flash: binoto is a beta cuck

Hi Binoto

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Horner reeks of someone who will get caught sexting a 14 year old

hi horner

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 4, 2020

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Nice edit, can’t get it right first time? Typical Ferrari

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Big Huski Boi posted:

Claire seems nice. Rebus, is Claire nice? Is she actually any good at Scalextric or was that movie magic?

She does seem nice.

Also way out of her depth and placed into a role that she should've worked her way up to rather than being a victim of familial nepotism.

Marketing Director to Team Principal makes gently caress all sense.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Nice edit, can’t get it right first time? Typical Ferrari

just trying to keep up with tifosi expectations

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

It would’ve made sense if she could pull in the budget and put the right people in place. Bernie knew gently caress all about the technical side of things and Brabham achieved far more than it had any right to with its resources because he got the right people in and ran the team right.

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Claire is nice, and is genuinely very good at Scalextric

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Have they let that Williams son they don't let on camera at least be the team principal of the esports team yet?

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Bring back Maurizio Arrivabene.

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

NtotheTC posted:

Have they let that Williams son they don't let on camera at least be the team principal of the esports team yet?

Jonathan handles all the heritage stuff, but occasionally he wanders around the offices looking lost.

The other one (can't even remember his name) I didn't even know existed until he appeared on some documentary last year.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Wait so what position does Hack Clown inhabit? Is he the Gene Haas or Frank Williams of McLaren?

CEO of the company, Seidl runs the F1 team.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rebus posted:

Jonathan handles all the heritage stuff, but occasionally he wanders around the offices looking lost.

The other one (can't even remember his name) I didn't even know existed until he appeared on some documentary last year.

Sounds like a helluva organisation, are you hiring any finance people? I’m in the market.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Blaming Claire for everything wrong at Williams isn't fair, I'm not sure anything less than the most competent of people in her role could excel.
Frank obviously has one foot wheel in the team still. Or, has until much too recently.

Smithwick
Jun 20, 2003

Khablam posted:

Blaming Claire for everything wrong at Williams isn't fair, I'm not sure anything less than the most competent of people in her role could excel.
Frank obviously has one foot wheel in the team still. Or, has until much too recently.

I wonder how much of the issue is Claire versus how much is Frank looming over everything.

I once worked at a company where the owner/CEO retired and they hired a new CEO. However the old CEO was always looking over his shoulder and undermining his decisions. The new CEO left after about a year. He was tired of the bullshit.

I wonder if part of the problem is that Frank has veto power and he still thinks it's 1997.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Wonder how it would've turned out for Williams had they made Toto team principal.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Government banned South Koreans but not Italians from entering Australia today.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Theophany posted:

Maggie was a good lass who meant well.

Jesus gently caress seriously of all the bad opinions in this thread and this one takes the cake, burns down a housing commission high rise and bombs the gently caress out of some South Americans for good measure.

Smithwick posted:

I wonder how much of the issue is Claire versus how much is Frank looming over everything.

I once worked at a company where the owner/CEO retired and they hired a new CEO. However the old CEO was always looking over his shoulder and undermining his decisions. The new CEO left after about a year. He was tired of the bullshit.

I wonder if part of the problem is that Frank has veto power and he still thinks it's 1997.
I'm currently reading Adrian Newey's book and just read through his time at Williams. Even though Frank and Patrick Head said that Newey would have equal rights like the both of them, they still made decisions behind his back. Doesn't surprise me that Frank won't let go of the reins

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

spaceblancmange posted:

Government banned South Koreans but not Italians from entering Australia today.

sounds like australia is a lovely land, but everyone loves Italy the land of Scuderia Ferrari so who could say no?

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
E: ^^^

Italy is generally a pretty cool and good country, delicious food, friendly people, fantastic art and architecture. Would be an A-tier country were it not for the 3 blights on the world it is partly or wholly responsible for, The Mafia, Fascism and Pube-Diarrhoea Failrrari.

As it is, B-Minus country, pretty deece not as good as Britain.

You Am I posted:

Jesus gently caress seriously of all the bad opinions in this thread and this one takes the cake, burns down a housing commission high rise and bombs the gently caress out of some South Americans for good measure.

The South Americans in question attacked a bunch of innocent sheep farmers for no reason, they deserved to have the gently caress bombed out of them. Her needless defence cuts emboldened those nazi harbouring fucks to attack, but once they did her reaction was fair. I personally would have had no problem with her nuking Buenos Aires.

Agree with you on her domestic policy though we still haven't recovered from the insane bullshit she pulled with privatisation.

jazzyhattrick fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Mar 5, 2020

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

:stare:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

You Am I posted:

I hope I haven't peaked too early this season :ohdear:

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Italian women are really atractive IMO
#essereFerrari

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
I was sure catholicism would be on the list.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

I was sure catholicism would be on the list.

The vulgate is the true definitive version of the bible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Maggie Thatcher is the Lewis Hamilton of world leaders