Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Skwirl posted:

That's issue 9. When Logan is in Madripoor he's "Patches" someone who has all of Wolverine's powers and looks exactly like Wolverine but has an eyepatch.

Trademark dispute?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Now I'm imagining Clarence Carter as the voice of Logan.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The Lone Badger posted:

Trademark dispute?

Trademark law is the one law that's strictly followed in Madripoor.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

poly and open-minded posted:

I hope comet was nigh-invulnerable when he starts blastin'
he's actually almost invincible when he starts flying.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Push El Burrito posted:

Everyone knows Patch is Wolverine but nobody says anything because he has knife hands they're being nice

They ended up revealing - pretty early on into his solo series - that his friends, at least, knew and were just humoring him:

I love the implication in the second panel that he's like aw, maaaaaaan

and later:

(Wolverine #14-15)

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Skwirl posted:

Tag yourself, I'm the woman to the right of Black Hood who doesn't get her name on the cover.

Hand on heart I saw those two gold people at the back and thought they were some sort of electronic music + superhero duo called "the Vieb".

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Who are you implying is the rip off?

Obviously the Comet is a ripoff of Captain Comet. :colbert:

Skwirl posted:

I literally know nothing about Impact comics. If I was in a grade school argument where you pretend you're a superhero and debate about who you are and who could beat who, and it was entirely based around this cover, I would go play soccer.

Impact (you have to include the exclamation point) was DC trying to use the 90's mania to launch a second superhero universe, this one based on characters they had acquired from Archie. A lot of those are golden age characters who got a sixties relaunch to cash in on the boom at that time and an 80's relaunch to cash in on the boom at that time before the 90s relaunch to cash in on the boom at that time. IIRC, they had two more attempts to make something of these characters and shockingly enough they failed as well.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

The idea that Logan wants so hard for his holiday identity to work while also putting zero effort into it is one of my favourite superhero comics running jokes.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

The idea that Logan wants so hard for his holiday identity to work while also putting zero effort into it is one of my favourite superhero comics running jokes.

Wolverine is actually a huge Superman fan, he just doesn't understand that there's anything to a dual identity besides the clothes change.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Pastry of the Year posted:

They ended up revealing - pretty early on into his solo series - that his friends, at least, knew and were just humoring him:

I love the implication in the second panel that he's like aw, maaaaaaan

and later:

(Wolverine #14-15)

PAD's brief Wolverine run was so good. I love those super velvety inks Sienkiewicz goes for here, I always felt like he "got" both Buscemas in a way no other inker did.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Superman #8 (1941)

Hero for Hire #13 (1973)

Strange Tales #180 (1975)

The Avengers Annual #7 (1977)

Marvel Two-In-One Annual #2 (1977)

Bill & Ted's Excellent Comic Book #4 (1992)
I'm guessing that's supposed to be G. Morrison on the right.

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #6 (2015)

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Gann Jerrod posted:

Be careful who you talk to when you’re riding the rails! (Doctor Doom #6

This whole issue was great - I'd read an entire series of Doom and Kang road-tripping across America.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Darthemed posted:

Bill & Ted's Excellent Comic Book #4 (1992)
I'm guessing that's supposed to be G. Morrison on the right.

Going by the accent, I hear Alan Moore. "Wroitins"

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Darthemed posted:

Tony just fell asleep in the armour, didn't he?

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Elfface posted:

Tony just fell asleep in the armour, didn't he?

You're assuming he's in the armor? Nah, he just left it there, I'll bet.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

This whole issue was great - I'd read an entire series of Doom and Kang road-tripping across America.

"Good work Kang, I'll likely kill you in the morning."

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

prefect posted:

Going by the accent, I hear Alan Moore. "Wroitins"

Think its more a case of "every Britlish person talks like Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins, right"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Nearly every piece of this is 'been there, done that' cliche, but dammit if it doesn't work.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Kantesu posted:

You're assuming he's in the armor? Nah, he just left it there, I'll bet.

He was just admiring a beautiful sunset when his armor ran out of juice.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Oil... can...

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
He's obviously bat-winging and just trying to separate his scrode from his thigh

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

jng2058 posted:

"Good work Kang, I'll likely kill you in the morning."

Now I'm mad we never got Cary Elwes as Doom. Reckon he could make it happen.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Darthemed posted:

Iron Fist #15 (1977)

Scott's like, "God dammit, Jean, I've got ice cream in here!"

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
This bit from Strikeforce #7 amused me:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Violator vs. Badrock #3

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Random Stranger posted:

Violator vs. Badrock #3 The Awesome Advenures of Rockslide oh, I guess the other X-Men can be supporting characters too

fixed

Unrelated, except for :science:

Deathlok'd Hank Pym still has anger issues.
Secret Avengers #36, 2012

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Fantastic Four #580

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Binary Badger posted:

Fantastic Four #580

did Jonn jonnz marry a conehead?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

This bit from Strikeforce #7 amused me:

Aw man when did Jessica go back to the garbage outfit? Her redesign was nice.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Batman/Superman #7

In which Ra's Al Ghul finds himself out of his depth.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I always enjoy seeing Batman's villains meeting Superman, because 9 times out of 10 they just get clowned on.

Bad things tend to happen 1 time out 10 when Supes gets clowned, but that's a different universe :v:

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

hiddenriverninja posted:

did Jonn jonnz marry a conehead?

That’s the Impossible Man! He’s a wacky shapeshifter that occasionally bothers the Fantastic Four. Once, he became his own wife!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

thetoughestbean posted:

That’s the Impossible Man! He’s a wacky shapeshifter that occasionally bothers the Fantastic Four. Once, he became his own wife!

They defeated him in his first appearance by ignoring him like he was a toddler throwing a tantrum.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

thetoughestbean posted:

Somebody post as much of New Mutants Annual #3 without going into :files: territory, please. :D

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Infinitum posted:

Bad things tend to happen 1 time out 10 when Supes gets clowned, but that's a different universe :v:

Jesus

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Infinitum posted:

I always enjoy seeing Batman's villains meeting Superman, because 9 times out of 10 they just get clowned on.

Anybody got that time Superman dealt with the Joker by basically laughing at his jokes and keeping him talking while he looked around to locate/defuse the "bombs around metropolis" situation handy?

I can't remember what series it was in, but it was before Injustice was daydreamed up.

Some Pinko Commie fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Mar 13, 2020

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Anybody got that time Superman dealt with the Joker by basically laughing at his jokes and being very friendly to him to defuse the "bombs around metropolis" situation handy?

I can't remember what series it was in, but it was before Injustice was daydreamed up.

Scans Daily has your back.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Blue Beetle #2 (1940)

Superman #8 (1941)

The Incredible Hulk #176 (1974)

Power Man #19 (1974)

Strange Tales #180 (1975)

Marvel Premiere #30 (1976)

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Found my new diss to burn people with

Sit on it, Qu'lar!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

thetoughestbean posted:

The second time he ever appeared he invaded the Marvel Comics offices and they had to get the FF's help to get rid of him.