Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Acelerion posted:

I dont get the warren is smart stuff. I posit that warren is kinda dumb but is good at fact regurgitation like every other valedictorian.

She only recently figured out that sanctions kill people.

She is a dummy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Warren's entire life and career shows over and over that she just doesnt really think about anything too hard

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Acelerion posted:

I dont get the warren is smart stuff. I posit that warren is kinda dumb but is good at fact regurgitation like every other valedictorian.

She’s intelligent but she has absolutely abysmal political instincts

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I know people that have wikipedia like knowledge on various subjects but they cant take two thoughts and make a third. Zero critical thinking skills.

Incidentally this makes people bad at strategy which sounds a lot like someone who dropped out recently.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Raccooon posted:

She only recently figured out that sanctions kill people.

She is a dummy.

Wait what

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

the word “gaslit”/“gaslighting”/et al needs to die

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/1235578625027698691?s=19

this is far worse than what happened in bolivia and they backed a coup over it

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lol that no matter who or if Warren endorses she's basically guaranteed to be hated by at least 30% of the electorate if not more. Lmao

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Aaah, that's the stuff :cheers:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

She tweeted about how she was asking for an investigation into whether sanctions was hampering Iran's ability to respond to COVID-19

Sanctions that SHE VOTED FOR

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

it's not that she ran a lovely campaign and failed to connect, it's that the media and everybody around her gaslit her to hell and back because she's a WOMAN - signed, a very smart person

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Warren endorsement doesn't matter unless she becomes an attack dog against Biden

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I remember Obamas 2008 inauguration address when he referenced people having to wait for hours to vote in Arizona and he said "we gotta do something about that." If only he had gotten around to that at some point! Ah well, sucks to be a poor minority in Texas who wants to matter.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

oxsnard posted:

Dolphins deserve healthcare too.

I know I'm being a pussy. I cried my eyes out last night and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I have healthcare and a good job. I have two young kids too. I need to fight for them and for y'all. It makes me sick to see people not care about others.

I'm not giving up but my expectations for this race are that it's over barring a miracle that I don't think is coming. We need to be ready for our own tea party rebellion in 2022

:thunk:

it's happening right now. support Jess.

https://twitter.com/JessforDelaware/status/1235268684580610049

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Dolphin posted:

hahahahaha as if the progressives have any power whatsoever after a biden nomination

like trump is listening to chris christie right now lmao

like he gives a poo poo what little marco has to say hahaha

Lol. Bernie who may lose, as opposed to Biden who will lose the general

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

mila kunis posted:

hello germany my name is alexis i am a 9 year old american girl please send Leopard II MBT to masshole peoples liberation front

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

spacemang_spliff posted:

She’s intelligent but she has absolutely abysmal political instincts

I disagree, I think she just likes loving with numbers without necessarily asking herself what those numbers mean. Which i guess takes some brains, but to me that's not synonymous with intelligence

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

she made a tweet that basically admitted we did a fucko wucko and the american sanctions on iran are probably going to responsible for countless deaths cause of the pandemic

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
That scene from Saving Private Ryan where the german soldier is knifing the jewish soldier and the cowardly other soldier is too scared to do anything and just pees his pants as the german soldier walks by him down the stairs. (The cowardly soldier is Warren.)

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

mila kunis posted:

Post 11/9 speedrun looking good!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

gradenko_2000 posted:

She tweeted about how she was asking for an investigation into whether sanctions was hampering Iran's ability to respond to COVID-19

Sanctions that SHE VOTED FOR

lmao

Okay I take back what I said

She’s a dumdum

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
All Warren had to do to be the candidate is adopt Bernie's platform. Just be the role, if all you wanted was power, a technocrat woman running on the demsoc platform would have destroyed everything in it's path.

She came in to curb Bernie. Anyone who tells you different is lying

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Leonard Leo gave a disinterested Trump a list of judicial picks.

Trying to compare that to an ineffectual Warren trying to holler at a BIden admin just licking its chomps at the prospects of paying back its oil corporate banking billionaires thru choice picks and policies, loooooool

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The Cameo posted:

The reason people think M4A is in the actual Democratic Party platform is because when Bernie wrote the drat bill and went out and looked for co-sponsors he got a bunch and the media covered it like the party was tacking to this specific policy, and has since not ever bothered to correct themselves on that even as Joe Biden yells about the public option at every debate. People probably think the party approves of the Green New Deal, too, because "their constituency does, hell, people who vote for the other side like M4A and GND too, and the party goes along with the will of the people, right?"

Fastest response to anyone mistakenly thinking Joe supports M4A should be "he says he supports a public option, like Obama did... and we all saw how fast Obama sent that idea up the river negotiating for Obamacare; based on Joe's legislative history, he'd offer it up to die before even getting to the negotiations"

Cool fact, Joe's friend, Tom Carper, nuked the public option in the ACA in 2010.

Seems like he should've been primaried. :thunk:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I'm gonna start the recount fund

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

she is getting primaried regardless, i'll fuckin move to massachusetts and run for her seat myself if i have to

I'll help you. PM me.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Warren is so stupid man

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

the word “gaslit”/“gaslighting”/et al needs to die
wow stop gaslighting my social media terms ya'll

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

on the one hand, there's no way Warren runs again

on the other, she's got a big warchest after her big Feb haul only to let her SuperPAC do all her spending for her and then dropping out, but that warchest is only available for use in future campaigns iirc, so

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

ex post facho posted:

trying to think of someone who destroyed their political career faster, Christine O'Donnell??

Christine is the reason we have Coons lol

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Polo-Rican posted:

warren 👏 stans 👏 aren't 👏 progressives

they don't care about policies. they just want what they think is a smart, strong woman in office.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I feel like it's immaterial if she endorses Bernie or not

she's fuckin dead to progressives at this point yeah?

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

RaySmuckles posted:

whoo boy if an all out assault on biden really tanks him and it turns out that bullying wins us this election

that would be "cray cray banaynay," as the kids have been known to call it

Its called the bully pulpit, OP

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Monkey Fracas posted:

If she straps on the suicide vest to take out Biden, I'm pretty sure all will be forgiven

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

BobbyK posted:

I remember Obamas 2008 inauguration address when he referenced people having to wait for hours to vote in Arizona and he said "we gotta do something about that." If only he had gotten around to that at some point! Ah well, sucks to be a poor minority in Texas who wants to matter.

IIRC, his advice in 2016 to reports that Georgia was rigging the governor election by hiding all the voting machines was "vote harder"

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Monkey Fracas posted:

Yeah she is on the outside of the movement now.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Warren is so stupid man

she's the last hail mary we got. sorry it sounds stupid, we're there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."

Monkey Fracas posted:

It's not about convincing progressives. It's about making Bernie seem like he can beat Trump and while I'm not sure is she helps or hurts that case it is worth investigating.