Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Hell yes a case was just confirmed in Waterloo Ontario. She flew from Italy with a layover in Portugal.

Sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Mozi posted:

either contribute something informative or funny or go away

For now you can laugh at fema camps not being real (until they’re in full swing in a few months)

Martial law, suspended presidential election and more, coming to the United States!

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

For now you can laugh at fema camps not being real (until they’re in full swing in a few months)

Martial law, suspended presidential election and more, coming to the United States!

Lol that would imply an unprecedented level of giving a gently caress about anything on the part of the government. Nothings going to change that hurts the financial industry and credit card companies

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
It's fascinating how pervasive the effects if this already are. For the last 70 years all the major stuff we've lived through have been largely spectator events. Even recession have large numbers of people who barely notice. This time even people who don't get sick will be impacted by stuff shutting down or just having to watch out for people who are infected.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

ok i had a really hard time telling what you were trying to say

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

AKA Pseudonym posted:

It's fascinating how pervasive the effects if this already are. For the last 70 years all the major stuff we've lived through have been largely spectator events. Even recession have large numbers of people who barely notice. This time even people who don't get sick will be impacted by stuff shutting down or just having to watch out for people who are infected.

The people who don't get sick will do the majority of the infecting. It's fun for the whole family.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

AKA Pseudonym posted:

yeah. Italy is doing spectator free sports for the next bunch of months and I wouldn't be surprised to see that come to North America soon as well. Things are going to get weird for a while.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

The US didn't suspend presidential elections for a World War and it didn't suspend elections for a Civil War either. What makes you so confident the US will suspend things now?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

golden bubble posted:

The US didn't suspend presidential elections for a World War and it didn't suspend elections for a Civil War either. What makes you so confident the US will suspend things now?

Trump does what he wants.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

lol

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Yeah literally trump

The Bush years and the Obama years were setting up whoever would become president after them with essentially unlimited power

Anything can be seized by order of the president now if it fits into a nebulous criteria of “national interest”

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
If temrump thinks he’ll lose he will 100% end democracy in America lol

He’ll see the media narrative blaming him for mounting death tolls and public support for him will go away as he fails to protect anyone

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

The Walrus posted:

yeah. Italy is doing spectator free sports for the next bunch of months and I wouldn't be surprised to see that come to North America soon as well. Things are going to get weird for a while.

It will be interesting to see more sports that sound like with little to no fan involvement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK0cGLd2Bes

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Suspend elections because too many virus dead could swing election, extend presidential term length, become forever president, change title to god-emperor.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Football fans will have to light flares and scream in the manner of monkeys in their own homes.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
2020 is gearing up to be notably retarded and dangerous, good luck everyone

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Sten Freak posted:

My folks booked us on a cruise for June a while back. Thankfully my mom did get travel insurance which is extremely unusual for her but this is a big expense for her. I feel really sorry for her.

I still think by June either things will be so bad it'll be cancelled or we will just not go, money be damned, the disease will be burned out or subdued, or tiny chance there will be another vaccine. 4 months, I dunno, seems to me most likely it's everywhere by then. Also :lol: at death barge.

Unrelated China is loving the virus conspiracies.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...e06d_story.html

Same, my in laws booked a cruise and invited my wife and me to Europe in June

They are Chinese also so my wife is worried about getting harassed if people on the boat get sick which also sounds like that could be bad

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Don't forget to sanitize your smartphones once per day. A lot of people forget that they are nearly as bad as a bathroom doorknob in terms of disease vector. You touch your phone before and after you wash your hands. And some gross idiots (myself included) use their phone WHILE they go to the bathroom.

Clean your phones.

naem
May 29, 2011

I bought more rice, the rice and beans aisle had been restocked from empty last weekend but was more than half empty already

I look forward to not eating all this rice

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

smoobles posted:

Don't forget to sanitize your smartphones once per day. A lot of people forget that they are nearly as bad as a bathroom doorknob in terms of disease vector. You touch your phone before and after you wash your hands. And some gross idiots (myself included) use their phone WHILE they go to the bathroom.

Clean your phones.
Just lol if you don’t do some reading on your phone while you’re on the toilet

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

naem posted:

I bought more rice, the rice and beans aisle had been restocked from empty last weekend but was more than half empty already

I look forward to not eating all this rice

Rice is a good dessicant. Your corpse can be buried in it to prevent disease spread.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i put my rice and beans in mylar pouches with oxygen absorbers and then in buckets so really the only way i'll come out the fool here is if nothing terrible happens in the next decade and i'll take those odds

worst case scenario i save a lot of money and eat simple cheap filling dinners for a while

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
That New York plague lawyer was apparently on my building. Cool cool cool

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.
Saying you don't use your phone on the toilet is the same level of lying as saying you dont jerk off. Just a complete and utter fabrication.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Seph posted:

Saying you don't use your phone on the toilet is the same level of lying as saying you dont jerk off. Just a complete and utter fabrication.

My wife leaves her phone out of the bathroom when she goes in, it boggles my mind and I'm Googling divorce lawyers

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Sten Freak posted:

Unrelated China is loving the virus conspiracies.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...e06d_story.html

Wilbur Ross has already stated that the virus is a jobs program for the US. If that isn't confirmation, I don't know what is.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Hyzenth1ay posted:

oh no :(

you actually had to take care of your own kids? babysitting sux

twin babysitting while bed-ridden for a week and a half definitely sucks

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

smoobles posted:

My wife leaves her phone out of the bathroom when she goes in, it boggles my mind and I'm Googling divorce lawyers

Next you're going to tell us she doesn't pee in the shower.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

If temrump thinks he’ll lose he will 100% end democracy in America lol

He’ll see the media narrative blaming him for mounting death tolls and public support for him will go away as he fails to protect anyone

Lol you don't really know much about Trump supporters it seems.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
If large gatherings like his rallies are banned he won’t have any idea of true support level other than what’s on tv,
Which will blame him

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.

Lambert posted:

Next you're going to tell us she doesn't pee in the shower.

Peeing in the shower owns and I will happily admit to it

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Seph posted:

Peeing in the shower owns and I will happily admit to it

Pee on your hands to stop the coronavirus

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Burt Sexual posted:

Cruise Stuff

So are they just going to screen everyone?

Like unless you've been living in a cave in the woods how can you be 100% sure you haven't stood near an Italian in the last two weeks?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Target was completely cleaned out of Lysol spray. Interestingly, the Lysol and Clorox wipes, and the Microban spray (which works better) were untouched.

golden bubble posted:

:chaostrump:

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

smoobles posted:

Because that means she has a second phone hidden in there and she's having an affair, right?

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Lol my office just sent a coworker home who's feeling slightly sick. This person is on contract and doesn't get paid time off.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

http://www.isitcanceledyet.com

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

smoobles posted:

Pee on your hands to stop the coronavirus

Does Costco sell pee?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Seph posted:

Unless I'm expecting a call I don't take my phone to work, and I do most of pooping at work, so…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I've tried the Twitter recipe someone posted (rubbing alcohol + aloe vera gel) and it's ok if a bit too strong for my taste