Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NXOnNetflix/status/1230537599661441029

Looks like we have more of an idea of who’ll be appearing next season. Are any of these previously anticipated, or are they all OC to the show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Grant daNasty or death

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
whoa, Bill Nighy and Lance Reddick

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Entropic posted:

The Science Guyhy himself?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

To be fair, a couple of them seem new.

Guy in the hat up top seemed familiar and I could've sworn that Carmilla and Lenora were in season 2.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Carmilla is one of the main players in S2, dudes.

She's the titty vampire played by the titty vampire.

(this is a Dexter reference, just in case)

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

She’s the one who bullied poor Godbrand. :(

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I love that they have a discussion over vampire weaknesses and how unintuitive they are.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Dias posted:

a gross english titty vampire

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Dias posted:

She really does have resting :smuggo:face

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Regalingualius posted:

She’s the one who bullied poor Godbrand. :(

I still haven’t forgiven her tbh. Godbrand I hope you’re making boats out of something you just hosed and/or ate in Hell, rip.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I love that they have a discussion over vampire weaknesses and how unintuitive they are.

BBC's Dracula had a pretty good take on them.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Entropic posted:

yeah holy poo poo

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

Entropic posted:

And Lucius Malfoy!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
Bill Nighy is pretty much already a lich in real life. It was funny seeing him play a creepy step-dad in Shaun of the Dead.

He was born to play grumpy immortal Satanboss.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
They'll probably just tell him it's a cartoon sequel to the Underworld films

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

BBC's Dracula had a pretty good take on them.

That show had zero good ideas, and was extremely smug about the good ideas it didn’t have.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

This secret shadow organization dedicated to hunting Dracula must let Dracula go because they have no evidence of his evil right now or we will sue you

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I've just rewatched season one, and those of you saying this show is well-animated are just lying.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Lurdiak posted:

I've just rewatched season one, and those of you saying this show is well-animated are just lying.

Parts of this show were incredibly animated

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Mostly the fluidity of the animation in the fight scenes.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wait, what the hell, since when could Alucard be in sunlight?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

RareAcumen posted:

The whole time. He's in the sun several times, they address this in dialogue, and the end of the last season is him sitting in direct sunlight.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

RareAcumen posted:

The fun of being a Dhampir in a land of Vampires.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I was watching some fight parts today and I still love how Belmont uses the whip. The way he curls and "whips" it around, kicking it away etc. It just feels like there's real momentum in those strikes of his. Can't wait for this season, but I really hope they'll make the non fight animation a bit better as well.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

S3 is out now. Time for a new thread?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I would settle for simply renaming this one to “Castlevania: the Animated Series”, since the seasons are both short and instantly consumed.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I skimmed through the last one just now. So I can attest to that!

Welp, presuming that ending is going to lead to a new teamup of the three heroes so as to avoid a massive turn to villainy.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

evilmiera posted:

I skimmed through the last one just now. So I can attest to that!

Welp, presuming that ending is going to lead to a new teamup of the three heroes so as to avoid a massive turn to villainy.

How was the season as a whole

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

zoux posted:

How was the season as a whole

A lot like the former one. Very, VERY slow in its build-up, with an action-filled climax at the end. Goes deep into motivations, inner thoughts and the pain and worries of each character.

For specifics, Trevor is wondering what the hell he's doing with his life now that he's travelling and sleeping with Sypha, Alucard tries to open up to people, including a set of Japanese visitors who want to learn how to kill vampires from him, Dracula's two former human servants have some parallel journeys (one out of slavery and one back into it). Carmilla is scheming-mc-schemeface again but its mostly setup for Season 4

There's some newly introduced side characters, some more interesting than others. The action scenes are alright, though its hard to beat the ones from the castle at the end of Season 2. My favourite of them would probably be the one where Isaac climbs a tower to fight a mindcontrolling wizard, with entire towns populations climbing into the windows of said tower to chase after him before he reaches their master. A big final fight between Trevor, Sypha and a giant demon is sort of held back by the animation style suddenly shifting for bits of it, and Alucard's final, errr, action scene, is more of a bisexual threesome gone wrong.

evilmiera fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Mar 5, 2020

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
The intro scene of the first episode was very funny, and the VA did a great job of mimicking voices.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Oh, and one of the final scenes of the season was sort of ruined for me because I kept thinking of the image below. You'll know it when you get to it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The source of Alucards sexual powers, revealed

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I haven’t finished the season but based on what I’ve seen of it so far I love it. Can’t decide whether “you’re the Jesus of killing monsters” or “I’m immortal and glorious and the rest of you smell like piss” is my favorite line.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Just finished the first episode.

I really hope that “pirate of the roads” has some future payoff.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

zoux posted:

The source of Alucards sexual powers, revealed

It can't be that good, his partners stopped having sex with him almost at the same time he started using it!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Regalingualius posted:

Just finished the first episode.

I really hope that “pirate of the roads” has some future payoff.

Same and 5 to 1 it's a Ennis'ism for people asking for Grant Danasty.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Finished the season, pretty good mostly!

That said I don't really understand why they needed to throw that bit about the judge in right at the end because holy gently caress. Also Hector is a loving toolbox.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

The whole time. He's in the sun several times, they address this in dialogue, and the end of the last season is him sitting in direct sunlight.

BexGu posted:

The fun of being a Dhampir in a land of Vampires.

gently caress, I'm bad at this. I'm gonna have to rewatch the entire series I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Caidin posted:

Finished the season, pretty good mostly!

That said I don't really understand why they needed to throw that bit about the judge in right at the end because holy gently caress. Also Hector is a loving toolbox.

They did that to point out that most of humanity loving sucks, mostly due to past trauma or just plain old other humans already sucking.

I did like that in regards to Dracula he was with his love, even if she was in hell, and had no real wish to come back from what we saw. He continues to be a mostly good dude hosed up by idiot humans.