Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Disrespectful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I picked that one up too along with some other faves

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Alright, hear me out: you know the video game soundtracks on vinyl loathed by this thread? I'm part of the problem, but I still want to tell y'all about it.

I've officially 'Done A Thing' and put one of my favorite game soundtracks on vinyl: The Cat Lady.

https://twitter.com/stumpyfrogrecs/status/1120219084950396928

The music on this thing is mostly ambient, brooding-type stuff and defining of the game. If you want to help a goon out and get a pretty cool package in June/July, you can pre-order it here: https://www.stumpyfrog.com/

You can listen to the full soundtrack on YouTube here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msg_DMtuXVE

I really think the music on this is way more deserving of a nice double vinyl release than some of the stuff I've seen get released lately, so my shame of contributing to the video game vinyl industry is fairly restrained.
Just 10 months later...!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYSXujCsnJs

And yes, I’ve carefully preserved the hype sticker.

It’s a tight ambient recording. Congratulations on officially putting something out into the world, Disappointed Owl!

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

pwn posted:

Just 10 months later...!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYSXujCsnJs

It’s a tight ambient recording. Congratulations on officially putting something out into the world, Disappointed Owl!

Next release definitely won't take 10 months, holy mackerel. Such a trip seeing this thing arrive at destinations all over the world and in shops.

Thanks a ton for the pictures (and the patience). Let me know if you post it on Twitter and I'll give you a cheeky retweet.

If anyone is interested, there are still a handful of hand-numbered black-in-red vinyl copies over at https://www.stumpyfrog.com/ (yes, the international shipping sucks) and won't be available elsewhere.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

The online shop I’ve been using to find used records closed up last week. Does everyone here just use Discogs to find stuff online? That seems like it’s primarily European sellers; am I missing something more US-centered?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Trevor Hale posted:

The online shop I’ve been using to find used records closed up last week. Does everyone here just use Discogs to find stuff online? That seems like it’s primarily European sellers; am I missing something more US-centered?

Discogs has tons of US sellers and even then, some Euro countries like Germany have reasonable international shipping. Might just be what you’re searching for that’s bringing up non-US sellers.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

pwn posted:

Hey. You.

I appreciate this.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

caligulamprey posted:

Hey. You.

I appreciate this.

I once bought a copy of the Cars’ first album out of a dollar bin and when I got home I discovered the hype sticker from circa 1979 had been kept tucked away in the sleeve. Always nice to see some completionist OCD tendencies from four decades ago.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Ballz posted:

I once bought a copy of the Cars’ first album out of a dollar bin and when I got home I discovered the hype sticker from circa 1979 had been kept tucked away in the sleeve. Always nice to see some completionist OCD tendencies from four decades ago.

So was it just what you needed? I bet when you saw that, you thought to let the good times roll. You might think I'm out if Cars puns, but I have only just started. Although, sometimes the jokes get a little touch and go. But sometimes, it's good to shake it up and find a joke that's magic. You know, one to really drive it all home.

Okay, I'm done.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
i just realized the cars wrote all of those songs

edit:

Cemetry Gator posted:

So was it just what you needed? I bet when you saw that, you thought to let the good times roll. You might think I'm out if Cars puns, but I have only just started. Although, sometimes the jokes get a little touch and go. But sometimes, it's good to shake it up and find a joke that's magic. You know, one to really drive it all home.

Okay, I'm done.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Trevor Hale posted:

Discogs has plenty of US sellers but it really depends on what you're looking for as to whether or not it's mostly Europeans. A lot of records either didn't have US pressings or sold better in other countries, especially in/after the 90s and before vinyl records made a comeback. One extremely annoying thing I've noticed is that if Euro sellers have an item for a reasonable price but the shipping is too high US sellers will see that and they'll list the record for way more money because gently caress you, that's why! Germany and UK have fairly decent shipping rates, at least compared to anywhere else in Europe or the world so those are the only countries outside of the US I ever buy poo poo from on the rare occasion I do this. A lot of times after shipping from either of those two countries you're still getting the record cheaper than an US seller lists it for too. Discogs can be a real crapshoot. It can also be a real crapchute.

Cemetry Gator posted:

Okay, I'm done.

Parachute posted:

i just realized the cars wrote all of those songs

edit:

Close the thread. We've reached the top.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

caligulamprey posted:

Hey. You.

I appreciate this.

Any advice on how to do this best? I got an old prince Sign o the times with the giant heart shaped sticker on it and managed to keep it intact but every other one I’ve completely shredded

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Any advice on how to do this best? I got an old prince Sign o the times with the giant heart shaped sticker on it and managed to keep it intact but every other one I’ve completely shredded

i cut mine out with just a pair of scissors. either making a circle around it or square and toss it into the sleeve.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Hell, nine times out of ten I'm tearing the shrinkwrap off with my teeth because I'm an animal, don't try to remove it off the poly itself.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I crumple them up and throw them in the trash. :smuggo:

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

thrilla in vanilla posted:

With fresh releases, if the sleeves are plain rather than printed, I’ll peel the sticker from the cellophane and apply them to the sleeves. If the sticker shows signs that it’s not peeing off without a fight, I will probably cut out with scissors or razor. In the case of the Prince sticker, that glue has had years to set, so either it flakes off or it has fused the two together. I’d suggest cutting it out

The Cat Lady could have definitely been peeled, but the inners were printed, and there was no where to stick it, so snip snip.

caligulamprey posted:

Hey. You.

I appreciate this.

Cemetry Gator posted:

Okay, I'm done.
:3:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I'm glad I'm not the only lunatic who saves the hype sticker. I have a copy of Dare to Be Stupid that still has the hype sticker.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

My dad did that on a handful of his albums. One of the ones he kept indicate that he bought a Liberace Christmas album at Kmart.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Dad Liberace fan, so what

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

EL BROMANCE posted:

Dad Liberace fan, so what

It's the Kmart part that bothers me. Couldn't he have at least gone to Sears?

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar
I like to stick em on my turntable's lid, it's a whole collage of local band and hype stickers. I can never get another turntable.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
RSD is manufacturing a turntable that plays 3" records and 3" records for...reasons

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Urban Outfitters excluzzie.

Also: twenty seven goddamn dollars for a 15 minute album.

Wiggity
Oct 22, 2016

Old school cool
Now with all of the millenial bullshit

I LOVE welding on things where chlorinated solvents are present - Phosgene ams your friend!

Hot Diggity! posted:

RSD is manufacturing a turntable that plays 3" records and 3" records for...reasons

Didn't they do that last year, too? But only released one 3" to accompany it...

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Wiggity posted:

Yeah and all that crap is still cluttering up the stores. There were a bunch of different records you could get. Mainly it was Third Man because the whole thing was another one of Jack White's gimmicks. He originally sold 3" records on the White Stripes Elephant tour. The original 3" players were a Japanese novelty item which you could buy in the merch booth with the discs. I think there were a few non-Third Man 3" records when they did this last year.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Yeah there were a few. I bought the 3" of Beastie Boys Sabotage out of sheer novelty.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Wiggity posted:

They released a bunch of 3" singles last year for RSD. All White Stripes of course.

Metallica has a new record club that's going to be 4 7" records with rarities throughout the year for $50. For that price...gently caress it, I'll try it once.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Nail Rat posted:

They released a bunch of 3" singles last year for RSD. All White Stripes of course.

Metallica has a new record club that's going to be 4 7" records with rarities throughout the year for $50. For that price...gently caress it, I'll try it once.

""Lulu acoustic demos again? GODDAMN IT!"

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

CPL593H posted:

""Lulu acoustic demos again? GODDAMN IT!"

This is my fear, that it'll be like this or crap from Load or ReLoad. But I'll take a stab this one time. A record club that's solely 7" records seems pretty novel in itself.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

Hot Diggity! posted:

As long as they reissue Can's Ege Bamyasi as a stack of 3" records sealed in a tin can printed to look like the one on the cover. 3 minutes per disc for a 40 minute album should be about 13 3" records.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Fors Yard posted:

As long as they reissue Can's Ege Bamyasi as a stack of 3" records sealed in a tin can printed to look like the one on the cover. 3 minutes per disc for a 40 minute album should be about 13 3" records.

how do we get it to 33 3" records. that's the goal.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Nail Rat posted:

This is my fear, that it'll be like this or crap from Load or ReLoad. But I'll take a stab this one time. A record club that's solely 7" records seems pretty novel in itself.

Sub Pop has one

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

It's that time of year again ...

https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases?view=all

It's all so very underwhelming for my particular kinks that I don't have much else for flavor. Cool that Ted Cassidy got an RSD release? That New Order Peel Session would be cool.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Boys Next Door and Philip Glass is all I'm interested in

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
The Denzel Curry and Glass Animals (also featuring Denzel Curry) 7"/12" releases look sweet, but nothing as far as full albums. Not worth the hassle, but if I see them around like the day after I would definitely cop those.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I keep seeing that Boys Next Door album around all the time anyway.

I'm seeing some decent stuff. The Cure (picture discs though), Gun Club and Wipers stand out, the Ramones live album isn't gonna be bad, some others. Not really in the habit of going after RSD releases though.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

My Lovely Horse posted:

I keep seeing that Boys Next Door album around all the time anyway.

I'm seeing some decent stuff. The Cure (picture discs though), Gun Club and Wipers stand out, the Ramones live album isn't gonna be bad, some others. Not really in the habit of going after RSD releases though.

I had a brief moment of excitement when I saw that Seventeen Seconds because it's a truly great record, and then I saw the picture disc bit. I want to say that all their classic material has seen 180g re-releases recently. Didn't Rhino do a big repress?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

dorium posted:

how do we get it to 33 3" records. that's the goal.

Make them 45's and etched designs on one side.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
I was completely ready to write this year off again until I got to the Hackers soundtrack. Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?
Pale Saints - Mrs Dolphin is the only one I'll be hoping to pickup. Japan only comp of their early EPs plus some more tracks. Better version of Babymaker than on In Ribbons imo