Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

im just shitposting i dunno what y'all are doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

we need a new thread title

https://twitter.com/alyankovic/status/1234923352810119168?s=20

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm not gonna say that Biden will be definitely and unequivocally worse than Trump, but there is still a lot of uncertainty on a lot of issues, and that uncertainty is what scares me.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm not gonna say that Biden will be definitely and unequivocally worse than Trump,

Hahaa

brains
May 12, 2004

bird cooch posted:

civil rights women's rights gay rights none of those things happened quickly and I got to tell you that some of the people that enacted that stuff in the law or some pretty hosed up individuals. And then there was pushback and then it's settled into being the norm.

Americans are loving goldfish. It's just the way most of this country is. If you get all up your own rear end online you start thinking that people just need to know. people don't want to know they don't want to be bothered they don't want to care and it's never been any different.

I'm not sure how you can look at the history of the 20th century along with current socioeconomic trends and not realize the world is on an express train to repeat the '30s if nothing changes soon

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/FarrellGabriell/status/1235662308753502208?s=19

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Good dog

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Biden would be an improvement over the current situation. Of course as hosed up as things are so would Romney. He's not going to provide the shock to the system that we need because he's trapped in some fantasy of how things used to work, and his ideas about how he can work across the aisle would be extremely naive 10 years ago.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Casimir Radon posted:

Biden would be an improvement over the current situation. Of course as hosed up as things are so would Romney. He's not going to provide the shock to the system that we need because he's trapped in some fantasy of how things used to work, and his ideas about how he can work across the aisle would be extremely naive 10 years ago.

The main problem is really bad things right now will end but Biden will give Mitch McConnell four more years to decide what actually is going to happen.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
So who will be trump 2.0?

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Probably literally Donald Trump 2.0

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
In a not so surprising twist, Michael Bloomberg.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Milo and POTUS posted:

So who will be trump 2.0?

Tom Cotton or Josh Hawley.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1235604572850343937?s=19

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I think Trump really does have magic, by virtue of being literally the exact pudding brained Fox news grandpa as his base is. Everyone else in the convo is to some extent faking how stupid they are, and it shows. And would any of the non-trumps rant at length about how movies aren't as good as they used to be? The base loves that stuff and does not actually care about cutting taxes or bombing Iran. Trump really is lightning in a bottle for his base and political moment.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

facialimpediment posted:

Tom Cotton or Josh Hawley.

Alright look feel free to quote this when we're all enslaved in the Facebook Posting Mines in 2027 but there's no goddamn way Tom "Dumbest Motherfucker in the Senate" Cotton is winning a national nomination, let alone the Presidency.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Joe "Medium Generosity" "Zirconium" Biden

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Notahippie posted:

The deep gnawing fear I have that this primary is feeding is that this is the majority of the Democratic party, to say nothing of America as a whole. I'm in my 40's and up to Obama literally every president elected in my life had a "gently caress the poor" plank in their platform. I don't think the median Democrat wants a progressive candidate, and I don't know what to do about it. I guess the options are organizing at the local level and letting the national level just continue to get worse and worse until people come around but that feels like giving up.

This is the expected outcome when you have nearly the entire media system bought and paid for by multi-billionaires, along with a well-oiled political grift machine. They have spent years and years and years pushing the Overton window, spouting outright lies, encouraging class infighting. People have been indoctrinated to believe that if someone's not doing well, it's clearly their fault. They've also been very keen to promote misunderstandings of how things work and other obfuscations, like how taxes work, or government spending, etc. Telling the truth isn't in their best interests.

Even on the supposed liberal side, they've been pushing Biden, specifically because he's another worthless do-nothing Democrat.

People won't come around because to them, it isn't getting worse. The talking heads on TV said so - it's just everyone else's own fault.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Alright look feel free to quote this when we're all enslaved in the Facebook Posting Mines in 2027 but there's no goddamn way Tom "Dumbest Motherfucker in the Senate" Cotton is winning a national nomination, let alone the Presidency.

I honestly expect to get either Tom Cotton and/or Ted Cruz as president in my lifetime.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/1235688983603994625

If the Trump administration thinks that the lack of testing (possible CDC fuckup, possible CDC not wanting to make Donnie mad) is going to make the coronavirus go away, they're basically causing more cases for when the testing does catch up.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

That Works posted:

I honestly expect to get either Tom Cotton and/or Ted Cruz as president in my lifetime.
Cotton maybe, but everyone up to and including Ted Cruz hates Ted Cruz.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

If the Trump administration thinks that the lack of testing (possible CDC fuckup, possible CDC not wanting to make Donnie mad) is going to make the coronavirus go away, they're basically causing more cases for when the testing does catch up.

One of my best friends is a nurse who is the local coordinator for their regional DOH. They have been massively pissed at CDC and a bunch of bullshit with testing hiccups and delays etc.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

Cotton maybe, but everyone up to and including Ted Cruz hates Ted Cruz.

Cruz won 10 states in the GOP primaries.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/status/1235696925778653185

That's loving terrible, why the gently caress would we

https://twitter.com/ritholtz/status/1235706228648497152

continue.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
mmm yeah glad in this day and age everyone wants to give their $.02 on how we should manage pandemics. What even is an expert? Just some government/pharma/liberal stooge who doesn't know their rear end from a hole in the ground. I think all my plants really do love gatoraid.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

facialimpediment posted:

trumps yesman posted:

If you were wearing the proper equipment you would not have caught it, we will not test you

gently caress ya! science!

Major problem with treating covid-19 patients is when they are on a ventilator of any sort the fluid from the lungs gets aerosolized and spread all over because the systems are not fully contained. The only way to stop that is with fully closed systems and fully closed biosuits which no one wants to pay for.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

:same:

In fact, :toxx: Cotton will never be a GOP presidential nominee.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Y'all are overlooking Rick Scott as a pretty decent ghoul for 2024, he doesn't have the Never Trump stink and would be totally down with satiating the fascist tendencies of the GOP base if it meant he could loot Medicare and Social Security.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Trump is gonna run in 2024.

Somehow.

Some way.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Woofer posted:

Somehow.

Some way.

"A Democrat ran for a third term, that means Trump can! It's only fair!" - Hannity in 2024.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

'24 will be Schumer vs Haley because this is the Hell timeline

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Three imported COVID cases in MD :getin:

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

BigDave posted:

"A Democrat ran for a third term, that means Trump can! It's only fair!" - Hannity in 2024.

In a 5 - 4 decision...

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Woofer posted:

Somehow.

Some way.

Saw this the other day: Trump loses, then as soon as January 21st hits, he declares for the 2024 election.

It's the galaxybrain way of avoiding indictments. YOU CAN'T INDICT A CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT! :downs:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

HEY FUCKERS

WE'RE +33!!!! IN MO SINCE 2/25

THIS AIN'T OVER BY A drat SIGHT

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/...ingawful.com%2F

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Three imported COVID cases in MD :getin:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

AHAHAHAHAHA loving :rip:

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/health/120069317/coronavirus-ministry-of-health-updates-on-outbreak

Comrade Blyatlov fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Mar 6, 2020

bengy81
May 8, 2010

shame on an IGA posted:

HEY FUCKERS

WE'RE +33!!!! IN MO SINCE 2/25

THIS AIN'T OVER BY A drat SIGHT

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/...ingawful.com%2F

I'm trying not to be a pessimist, so I just sent Bernie :10bux:
It's not over yet, I think he can do it!

Edit:

Looks like two possible Coronavirus cases in Colorado. It was nice knowing you all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Numbers are going to start climbing quick now that they're finally handing testing over to local authorities. Wouldn't be surprised if there are pre-symptomatic carriers in every major US hub city at this point.