Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
I picked up my Master Mode game this weekend and I had saved the Zora for last, and that lynel is comically easy. Also all the conversations that used trail off into long-winded advice now end suddenly as the character sees the master sword and they chill out because they know I know what's up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Amppelix posted:

Going in a straight line over every hill is not only not interesting, it's straight up boring.

So don't do it.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Bunny hood side, I generally agree. I really want stamina to be more targeted, like you can run all day without breaking a sweat as long as you're not fighting or something where it'd be more tactically interesting.

Monster Hunter World does this and it's really good, running out of stamina in the world is pointless when you're not in a fight and I'm glad Capcom realized it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like this would just be a never-ending complaint spiral

If you always run people would just complain that there wasn't an even faster form of running

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Hex based movement.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
All movement will be to a beat, like Necrodancer/Cadence of Hyrule.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

perfect

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
Turn based combat, except lynels ignore it and keep attacking you when you're idle.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
all weapons in botw2 will be unlocked via amiibo cards from blind packs, a-la Animal Crossing New Leaf.

Weapon durability still exists though

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

So weapon durability doesn't bother me at all in BOTW, I just wish it would auto switch to the next weapon. Or even if the game let me set up some sort of hierarchy of weapons to be used automatically once my current one breaks.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

sigher posted:

So don't do it.
Uh., yes. the point of that post was me explaining why i don't do it. Good thing you caught on?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Keep weapon durability, scrap the entire inventory system. Everything takes real space so Link can only bring with him what he can carry. You can bring (but leave) some additional items on your horse.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The Bloop posted:

If you always run people would just complain that there wasn't an even faster form of running

:hmmyes:

I think the stamina in BoTW is perfectly fine because it gives you a situational awareness. You wanna go faster, then drink a speed potion, get on a horse, or at night put on your special clothing.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Link has no stamina meter, but must be constantly moving forward quickly to take in oxygen. You can slow down or stop, but his health will be constantly decreasing at those times.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

At that point you might as well just cut out the middleman and give us playable Sidon.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

link must constantly be taking down multiple enemies in tate attacks lest the master sword drain his soul

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Fi, no!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The Bloop posted:

Well you can always run if you use the Horse Whistle Glitch and the horse/bike is always a faster option for a lot of the map, along with Revali's Gale and the Glider.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Keep weapon durability, scrap the entire inventory system. Everything takes real space so Link can only bring with him what he can carry. You can bring (but leave) some additional items on your horse.

Then you could recreate this:

Would be cool to see all the items hanging off of you.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

sigher posted:

Well you can always run if you use the Horse Whistle Glitch and the horse/bike is always a faster option for a lot of the map, along with Revali's Gale and the Glider.

Then you could recreate this:

Would be cool to see all the items hanging off of you.

Link Stranding

... Death Linking?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Link's Strandening.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I'm trying to imagine Link with the ability to craft his own pee and poo grenades, and it inevitably ends with Hyrule in ruins

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Very smelly ruins. I know how much I make the poor guy eat over the course of this game, that all has to be going somewhere.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

link has the same engine as the motorcycle

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The only physics thing I really want in new Zelda is a hookshot but boy oh boy do I want it

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

The only physics thing I really want in new Zelda is a hookshot but boy oh boy do I want it

If they're still into grabbing a bunch of systems from other popular games, Pathfinder's grappling abilities from Apex Legends could be awesome (and would probably provide fun new ways to break the game physics).

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Well, as Spiderman PS4 proved, we now have the technology to effectively implement a free movement system based around dual clawshots.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

that was already proven in 2004

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

By the way, guess whose birthday it is today

:toot:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Phantasium posted:

link must constantly be taking down multiple enemies in tate attacks lest the master sword drain his soul

God drat it. This game ruled and I have no doubt that I would be unable to so much as beat the first level now

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lmbo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxitnquiRdw

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That sure is 9 whole minutes of someone launching a book case into the stratosphere so high that the physics break. a video that I watched every single frame of video of lmao

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I know going into bullet time makes the physics go all wonky, but is there something about that bookcase specifically that makes it even more effective?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

No, I think it's just used because the hyrule castle bookcases have become something of an inside joke within the greater botw community

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Solid lead-in for BotW2 having Link & Zelda defeat Ganon in the real world after realizing this Hyrule was merely a simulation meant to trap them forever

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Hygiene posted:

Solid lead-in for BotW2 having Link & Zelda defeat Ganon in the real world after realizing this Hyrule was merely a simulation meant to trap them forever

This is actually what the new Matrix movie is about

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The new Zelda is actually Animal Crossing Hyrule.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

well, that wouldn't sell at all

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

But you have to move to the beat.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I wonder if I'm getting impatient as I grow older or if Link's Awakening has some obtuse progress points that demand a walkthrough unless you're willing to scope out the entire world map to know where to go next. One part requires you to cut down a single bush to reveal a staircase. I had to look that up because I don't cut down every bush I see.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

well, there's your problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
There are so many!