Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

Yeah basically drink a lot of different price categories and types of wine and chat up the somms when you're solo dining at a wine bar. Also vivino's OCR is kinda cool if wine menus intimidate you.

I have a feeling our grounding is partially coming from our legal team? It was our chief legal officer that did a lot of the announcing/talking/q&a on the internal webinar we just had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixian
Oct 9, 2001

Many machines on Ix....new machines
Pillbug

Space Gopher posted:

COVID-19 is significantly worse than the flu in vulnerable populations. But let's just say that it's not - we'll assume for a second it's just exactly as bad as plain old influenza. The flu kills hundreds of thousands of people per year. It's not possible to contain it, so we just deal with the fallout with better-than-nothing drugs and vaccines. If it's possible to contain a new virus that does the same thing, that's absolutely worth taking drastic measures like "use Zoom if you can, and here's a pre-baked excuse to WFH" for a few weeks.

It's probably not going to be contained at this point, but that's just because a bunch of loving idiots seem to be making decisions based on, "oh, it's just a case of the flu, there's nothing to be worried about." Don't go get in fistfights over toilet paper or bottled water, but it really is a serious situation.

Look, by this time next year, we will all be laughing about this Coronavirus bullshit, watch.

Well, most of us anyway.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
God drat it another AA poverty spec A321.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Residency Evil posted:

God drat it another AA poverty spec A321.

theyre like all poverty spec other than the Ts

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Airlines have gotten so crushed by coronavirus that my round trip from MSN to MIA at the end of March has gone from $770 to $350. They have waived refunds right? I’m just going to cancel and rebuy.

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.

Lote posted:

They have waived refunds right? I’m just going to cancel and rebuy.

No they are really not excited about going bankrupt. Change fees are waived.

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

Arzakon posted:

No they are really not excited about going bankrupt. Change fees are waived.

Well, some change fees, anyway.

Most of it seems to be focused on "please, for the love of god, get some kind of travel onto our books this month, if things change then we'll let you change what you've recently booked."

If you paid for a domestic ticket for travel this month before the beginning of March then you're either going or eating the cost.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Refunds are not waived with AA policy. Doesn’t really help me if a conference is cancelled so I’m still not booking.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Most airlines are only waiving change fees for new bookings.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Call em. Tell your story.

Had a client with bookings on 4 different airlines, all domestic.

2 full refunds, 2 full credit for a later flight and no change fee. This was for 2 different conferences in March.

sellouts fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Mar 5, 2020

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

So far Delta has been super flexible for me on cancelations.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

I got a strange $100 Delta credit this morning for being a good customer?

Either way, I'm still planning to fly to LAX tomorrow and Houston next week. I'm not seeing anything that explicitly bans travel - yet.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Wash your hands, don’t touch your face, and if you’re not in a high risk group you’ll be fine.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Megan is usually wrong about everything but today she writes what we’re all thinking: https://twitter.com/asymmetricinfo/status/1235560724304285696

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Yeah my msp-atl leg is quite noticeably emptier than usual. Also the sky club is like 1/3 emptier

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

I wonder how much of hit the airlines are able to take. I know that United is highly dependent on APAC travel and that's all on hold for the moment but the than again gently caress United.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

HIMSS got cancelled this week, so maybe I’ll get upgraded now that all the industry bigwigs aren’t flying into orlando this weekend. Also, :lol: that trump is trying to handwave coronavirus away and the event he was scheduled to speak at this weekend was cancelled for the first time in 58 years due to the coronavirus.

MCO and the admirals club was pretty dead on Monday, we’ll see what DFW is like tomorrow.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I'm thinking about events that get canceled this year, how many people are going to skip next year as well. "Eh, I missed it last year, and it didn't really matter." Might take a while for things to rebound.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Guy Axlerod posted:

I'm thinking about events that get canceled this year, how many people are going to skip next year as well. "Eh, I missed it last year, and it didn't really matter." Might take a while for things to rebound.

as if millions of event planners suddenly cried out in terror, and were silenced

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
i was bored and looking at a rental car receipt and just lol at the fact that im paying four bucks a day in kansas city to pay off that idiotic empty Sprint center

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Client cancelled travel for consultants for the next few weeks. No Delta silver for me I guess.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Had my events in India cancelled yesterday. Also found out that JFK Terminal 4 still has travel sized hand sanitizer so I bought a couple.

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Our company has banned travel to China, S. Korea, Iran, Italy, Thailand, Singapore, Australia, and Hong Kong. The first four were kind of a given, but the other four? Not really sure what's going on there.

Water Resistant
Jul 10, 2003
I'm curious when other countries are going to start banning travel from the US given we have so many cases and our ineptness at testing.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score
I was supposed to go to SF next week (from SEA) and our company did an outright travel ban. Yes, these are two of the bigger US centers for the virus, but it's a global travel ban. I had to call CWT to cancel the flight, and I have no idea if I got a refund, credit or if United is keeping my money and not crediting me with PFP. the flights I was planning on taking were almost completely empty wheras everyone could sit in 1st and the other dozen people could have full rows.

Heading to Phoenix later in the month for personal travel. succumbed to using Spirit airlines since the RT with a checked bag was less than one-way with any other airline.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Tank44 posted:

I was supposed to go to SF next week (from SEA) and our company did an outright travel ban. Yes, these are two of the bigger US centers for the virus, but it's a global travel ban. I had to call CWT to cancel the flight, and I have no idea if I got a refund, credit or if United is keeping my money and not crediting me with PFP. the flights I was planning on taking were almost completely empty wheras everyone could sit in 1st and the other dozen people could have full rows.

Heading to Phoenix later in the month for personal travel. succumbed to using Spirit airlines since the RT with a checked bag was less than one-way with any other airline.

My DFW-MCO was completely full this afternoon with families :argh:

Maybe none of them care about coronavirus?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Families absolutely do not give a poo poo. They're not losing their $500 deposit on that vacation home, damnit!

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

I'm in MPLS right now, it's not as busy for Friday but there's still folks running around. Everything is open too.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009
SXSW isn't happening.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
National Hardware show is still in but it's going to be a ghost town. Tons of open spaces.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009
ISC West pushed back to July.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Guys, it finally loving happened! My reservation was confirmed!

A full week in an Audi R8 with a 1400km allowance to drive up the Mediterranean coast in Spain for 1500 Euros. gently caress. Yes.

Thomamelas posted:

ISC West pushed back to July.

Enjoy 120 degree weather on the Vegas strip, sucka!

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

KillHour posted:

Guys, it finally loving happened! My reservation was confirmed!

A full week in an Audi R8 with a 1400km allowance to drive up the Mediterranean coast in Spain for 1500 Euros. gently caress. Yes.

Enjoy 120 degree weather on the Vegas strip, sucka!

Eh, I avoid ISC West. After Taser stopped doing live demos it lost a lot of appeal. Just watching a line of dudes swear they wouldn't fall to the ground and scream. Only to fall to the ground and scream.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Thomamelas posted:

Eh, I avoid ISC West. After Taser stopped doing live demos it lost a lot of appeal. Just watching a line of dudes swear they wouldn't fall to the ground and scream. Only to fall to the ground and scream.

Now they have that company that literally called their facial recognition product "Skynet" showing everyone how creepy it would be if it actually worked. Except it clearly doesn't.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

On the tarmac at Heathrow. There is a child sitting behind me constantly drumming on the table and back of seat. It's mother has lost a passport and phone, and is demanding the hold baggage is unloaded so she can check it. Arseholes.

E: French air traffic control are on strike so we are being delayed

movax
Aug 30, 2008

PCjr sidecar posted:

as if millions of event planners suddenly cried out in terror, and were silenced

Good, so many superfluous conferences are about to die. :getin:

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

like y’all’s companies won’t see the halt of these conferences as a way to disproportionally cut into your travel budgets and policies

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I'm honestly hoping a result for our company is a more liberal work-from-home policy. I literally could do my job anywhere, but nope, work has to be done in an office. We literally have offices all over the world just for this reason.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Grounded from "non-essential" travel by way of messaging from our COO, but carrying quota results in the predictably-iffy feedback from management on the definition of non-essential.

Regardless, my week just opened up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Yep all non-essential travel was axed for us this morning as well. I can finally relax a bit