Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
oh poo poo gang tags hells yes please

If they keep gyroids, I will cover the entire world in them. Nothing like a vibrating dong to warm up your home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I am slightly concerned that I have yet to see a gyroid in any promotional material for this game because what else am I supposed to fill my house with.. furniture?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Fossils, beat the museum at its own game.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

it looks like there's just a loving shitton of clothes and furniture in this game

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.

explosivo posted:

I am slightly concerned that I have yet to see a gyroid in any promotional material for this game because what else am I supposed to fill my house with.. furniture?

There was a gyroid collecting funds for a community project, I think a bridge?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

A lack of gyroids would turn this into a pass for me :(

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

I unironically don't really care for gyroids and like, outside for five minutes into the first AC I've played they've always been dumpstered.

They are almost assuredly in, c'mon y'all.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1235747095371448320

https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1235733293229842432

https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1235732616063549441

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I want to be a Racoon Goon

:same:

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

explosivo posted:

If your basement isn't full of a bunch of randomly twitching gyroids I don't even know why you're playing Animal Crossing.

Raccoon Goons are where it's at. How is it not March 20th yet?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Policenaut posted:

[to the tune of Gucci Gang] Racc Gang Racc Gang Racc Gang Racc Gang

Nuki Gang Nuki Gang Nuki Gang Nuki Gang

Fistful of Silence
Aug 22, 2003

Science fiction writers, I am sorry to say, really do not know anything. We can't talk about science, because our knowledge of it is limited and unofficial, and usually our fiction is dreadful.

Grimey Drawer

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Jet Jaguar posted:

If your basement isn't full of a bunch of randomly twitching gyroids I don't even know why you're playing Animal Crossing.

Raccoon Goons are where it's at. How is it not March 20th yet?

Some Gyroids sync up well with certain music. The Sputnoids and KK Space are probably more obvious ones.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Qft

Just as I get my mind off the game more trailers come out. Animated wallpapers and flooring...

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

There were gyroids and gyroid events in Pocket Camp so I’d be shocked if they weren’t also weirding it up in this game. Also,

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

2 weeks to go this is pretty torturous

DuK2gO
Mar 6, 2007
kek
Not caught up on the thread but Target preorders are available now with journal!

E: And they're gone. There was about a ten minute window. At 1:45 EST

DuK2gO fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Mar 6, 2020

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

DuK2gO posted:

Not caught up on the thread but Target preorders are available now with journal!

E: And they're gone. There was about a ten minute window. At 1:45 EST

Man, I am so glad I decided to just use that Target gift card to just get the digital version instead of attempting to see if I could get some dumb journal I would never use. Target also gave me that download code right away which I wasn't actually expecting for a preorder which is nice.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Is it normal that Japan is getting like a hundred different tv ads for the game? I know it's seemingly the only Nintendo game this year for whatever reason but that account keeps dropping TV spots and it seems kind of overwhelming.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Quitte
Nov 2, 2011

nee-deep

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

kind of a long shot but does anyone know if there's any more footage of the freshwater fish aquarium room other than the 3 seconds we have in the direct?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Is it normal that Japan is getting like a hundred different tv ads for the game? I know it's seemingly the only Nintendo game this year for whatever reason but that account keeps dropping TV spots and it seems kind of overwhelming.

Yea, pretty normal. Video game advertisements in general are more common on Japanese TV than they are in most other countries.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Super excited for this-- this'll be my second AC since New Leaf and the first time I'll be interacting with other people in-game. My brother is getting it for me as a late birthday present. :unsmith:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Currently attempting to line up new AC longav :ninja:

Yessssss glad there are actual beards to be had. Assuming there will be more, but it's a start.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Please give us like 3+ facial accessory slots. :pray:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Futaba Anzu posted:

kind of a long shot but does anyone know if there's any more footage of the freshwater fish aquarium room other than the 3 seconds we have in the direct?

Around 6:08 in this video, there's some dude talking though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF4IYmWlXAI

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Me: [chanting] Raccoon Goons, Raccoon Goons-

Other degenerates: Raccoon Goons, RACCOON GOONS

Tom Nook: [pounding a giant bag of bells] RACCOON GOONS, RACCOON GOONS, RACCOON GOONS!

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Fun Times! posted:

Please give us like 3+ facial accessory slots. :pray:

Well, glasses are obviously going to be a thing so I'm pretty sure that will be possible unless you can't combine a beard and the bubble gum accessories posted earlier.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Well, glasses are obviously going to be a thing so I'm pretty sure that will be possible unless you can't combine a beard and the bubble gum accessories posted earlier.

I would not combine a beard with gum bubble blowing either. This would be a bad idea

LeFishy
Jul 21, 2010
After a lot of soul searching and painful thoughts I decided I couldn't afford Animal Crossing this month...

So I flogged skyrim and lets go pikachu and now I have the money in store credit so I have to spend it on videogames!

It's good to feel hype now hooray.

I am so excited about so many things I am excited about making rivers I am excited that I own a house with a name now so that the whole "what should I name my island" thing is sorted (yeah I name stuff after where I live). I am excited for the museum wowee I think collecting everything is gonna be much more tempting this time!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I have never met anyone with a house with a name, and I'd like to know more.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Just sitting in my foreboding Victorian manor house "Thistlethorn" playing Animal Crossing New Horizons.

...I want a house with a name.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

In the uk at least you can just call your house whatever you want as long as you also display the number.

If it's not numbered you can just call it whatever you want but it needs to be registered so they know where you are :tinfoil:

LeFishy
Jul 21, 2010
It's called Threeways (lol) because it sits in the fork of a road so it also gives me a river layout mandate.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

LeFishy posted:

Threeways (lol)

Nintendo naming filter: :monocle:
(good luck, that is pretty cool)

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Current list of RACCOON GOONS, if I've missed anyone then emptyquote the entire thing in anger

quote:

a cat irl
A Sometimes Food
an angry penguin
And More
Achernar
acksplode
ankle
Asciana
Athaboros
Baby T. Love
badjohny
Big Bad Beetleborg
Blaze Dragon
Bleck
BombermanX
broken pixel
BrunchPunk
C. E. Croix
Caffeinated Jerkoff
Captain Hygiene
Captain Monkey
Catalina
Chronicler of Dongs
Cipher Pol 9
Clocks
Color Printer
Crawfish
Cyster
Daedalus1134
Dazerbeams
DC Murderverse
DEEP STATE PLOT
Dely Apple
Doctor Reynolds
dorium
DorkBot3000
Dr. Stab
Dr. VooDoo
dragon_pamcake
Dugong
Eiba
Electric Phantasm
ElTacoGato
enojy
Fawf
FBS
fereldish
Fistful of Silence
fit em all up in there
Flowers
Framboise
Fried Watermelon
Fritzler
Fun Times!
Funky Valentine
Futaba Anzu
Gangringo
Genovera
Ghost Leviathan
glassyalabolas
Gluteus Maximus
GoodBee
Gripweed
Haifisch
High-Water Marx
Hihohe
History Comes Inside!
Hobo Clown
hopeandjoy
Humerus
Hylianbunny
Idia
Infinitum
ItBreathes
Iymarra
jackhunter64
Jade Mage
Jawdins
Jet Jaguar
Kaethela
Kalsco
Kart Barfunkel
Khanstant
kidcoelacanth
Kite Pride Worldwide
Kitten Nightmares
Konec Hry
Kyrosiris
Last Visible Dog
LeFishy
letthemreadprose
Level Seven
liquidypoo
LoboFlex
lunar detritus
Majik Ninja
Manuel Calavera
Mercury Hat
mikemil828
Montalvo
Mooks
mutata
mycelia
Nemo2342
Nephzinho
Nessus
No More Toast
Not a Children
Octolady
oldskool
Oxyclean
PacoTheThird
Pakistani Brad Pitt
PancakeTransmission
Partial Octopus
PeePot
phourniner
Pianist On Strike
Pixeltendo
poemdexter
Policenaut
Popete
Potsticker
prepuce repurposed
preventer024
Procrastine
Protip
pyrotek
Quitte
rhoga
robot roll call
runchild
Salastine
Saxophone
SecretSquirrel
sexpig by night
Seymour Buttz
Shneak
Shoehead
Silver Falcon
Sir Simon Milligan
Skratte
somnambulist
Squats
Stool Sample
Super Foul Egg
SystemLogoff
taco show
Tenik
The Kingfish
The Silver Snail
ThisIsACoolGuy
Thwomp
tokenbrownguy
tote up a bags
Triggerhappypilot
TurnipFritter
UltimoDragonQuest
Vanant
vanisher
vkeios
Volcano
vonManstein
Wacky Delly
Waffle!
Walrus Pete
Xaitil
Yoshi Jjang
ZarathustraFollower
zhuge liang
Zodack
Zore
Zutaten

broken pixel posted:

Excuse me—tell that to Tom Nook. :colbert:

Here it is: raccoongoonsgangtag_final final update copy 2 desaturatedgrass.png

161 people are going to have this absolute perfection beside their names. We have two Captains and three Doctors as well

jackhunter64 fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Mar 10, 2020

LoboFlex
Aug 26, 2004

oh, okay

jackhunter64 posted:

Current list of RACCOON GOONS, if I've missed anyone then emptyquote the entire thing in anger

It's very definitely this one, although agreed it might look neater without the flag behind the text.

I would also like to be a Raccoon Goon. I am not angry, just late to the party. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I wouldn't mind the Raccoon Goon tag if we end up with a give-out.

Clocks posted:

I forget which game it was but I used to collect gyroids and put them all in one room, it was A Goal.

I remember really hoarding them in the gamecube version - if I recall correctly they couldn't be bought back through the catalog, and I think you could maybe find one a day through dig spots? (There might have been similar rules in New Leaf) I had a basement full of them at one point and it was kinda creepy walking down there in the dark.

Just locked in a PTO day for March 20th. Though I'll be honest and say I don't know if I'll play this or Doom Eternal first, I'm really excited for both!