Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

So I've saved up enough coins in ManaStrike to make a team, are there any other goons interested in having a team? It lets you spend all those coins you've been picking up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Xtanstic posted:

Yeah I didn't notice a difficulty spike once I won a Retro Bowl.

Super speedy WR with a decent QB is indeed ridiculously strong. As is passing it to the RB running from the backfield.

I just drafted a WR with almost maxed speed and catching ability. Suddenly my 2 star QB is a monster!

e: He literally has "Moss" in his name. :v:

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Mar 3, 2020

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

Aramoro posted:

So I've saved up enough coins in ManaStrike to make a team, are there any other goons interested in having a team? It lets you spend all those coins you've been picking up.

I'd be down. I'm just in a public team now.

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Wow, Hungry Cat Picross is really good. I like their spin on the puzzles over standard nonograms.

I like their puzzles and their spin on it, as a broke-brain completionist I hate their 3-star system especially on the frescoes.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

GB_Sign posted:

I like their puzzles and their spin on it, as a broke-brain completionist I hate their 3-star system especially on the frescoes.

I didn't even notice the frescoes have stars until you mentioned it. What are they based on? I've got three on all of them and I don't recall anything making it hard to do so.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Cithen posted:

I'd be down. I'm just in a public team now.

I've created a team called GoonStrike feel free to join. Theres a cool down on switching teams.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Snowmankilla posted:

Yes and yes. I am really bummed out.

I think I'm on my 3rd reset now.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Snowmankilla posted:

Yikes, I believe it. Have you tried Konami's PixelPuzzle?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Knightmare posted:

Yikes, I believe it. Have you tried Konami's PixelPuzzle?

No. Color based?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Snowmankilla posted:

Goddamn I didn't think it was possible to make it through the backlog. I am still stalled on the first year. Congrats and sorry.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Snowmankilla posted:

No. Color based?

Regular nonograms. They get pretty big and I appreciate the detail. The subject matter makes me feel like I'm doing one in an old gaming magazine

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
New gacha - The Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netmarble.nanagb&hl=en_GB

I'm enjoying it so, far. For once I'm actually reading the story, and the cut scene quality is great.

Does have adverts, but so far they've been totally optional. I.e. watch a 30 second add for a free draw / roll ,and you can only do it a limited times per day.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.konami.epjCastlevania2

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

hooah posted:

I didn't even notice the frescoes have stars until you mentioned it. What are they based on? I've got three on all of them and I don't recall anything making it hard to do so.

All of their puzzles that have stars are based on time to solve.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

I just can't get into the virtual buttons. Anyone put mileage into this to see if it's tolerable?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

m.hache posted:

I just can't get into the virtual buttons. Anyone put mileage into this to see if it's tolerable?

This version doesn't have controller support? The iOS version does...

Yup. That's the frist thing listed under Features.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Eat The Rich posted:

Regular nonograms. They get pretty big and I appreciate the detail. The subject matter makes me feel like I'm doing one in an old gaming magazine

If you play the Pixel Puzzle, I really recommend prioritizing the timed ones. You don't want to finish the normal ones and then come up against a time-gate wall to finish the rest, like I did. The game doesn't end at 100% done, either

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Xtanstic posted:

Yeah I didn't notice a difficulty spike once I won a Retro Bowl.

Super speedy WR with a decent QB is indeed ridiculously strong. As is passing it to the RB running from the backfield.

I had an insane difficulty spike about halfway through the season after winning the Retro Bowl. I basically had a 5 star offense & defense cruising along... and suddenly my elite WR never got open deep anymore in multiple games against teams with wildly varying star ratings.

:iiam:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I am SO glad that SotN is on mobile now (and that I have an 8bitdo controller for it); I never played it on the PS1, the XBLA version was my introduction to it but ever since, I've wanted it on Steam so that I'd always own it on a platform I'd always have (as much as these titles stick around before being removed, of course). My 360 doesn't even work anymore, it's not on Switch, and I can't play it on PC.

I'll take the mobile port, happily.

But for real, it should be on the Switch.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

In Hungry Cat, is there any step between no information and blowing a paintbrush? Sometimes I get jammed up and could just use a "look in this area" nudge rather than an answer.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is there a phone mount thing for 8bitdo specifically or are there decent universal ones out there? I paired mine up to my phone and it works well but don't really want to lean my phone on something while playing with the controller.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Bruceski posted:

In Hungry Cat, is there any step between no information and blowing a paintbrush? Sometimes I get jammed up and could just use a "look in this area" nudge rather than an answer.

There's the hypothesis tool (the question mark). But otherwise, no.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Roid666 posted:

New gacha - The Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netmarble.nanagb&hl=en_GB

I'm enjoying it so, far. For once I'm actually reading the story, and the cut scene quality is great.

Does have adverts, but so far they've been totally optional. I.e. watch a 30 second add for a free draw / roll ,and you can only do it a limited times per day.

I was coming to post about it as a fellow gacha addict. This is pretty snappy. I'm real curious how the balance holds up for f2p players and the combat itself.
Its also vertical which kicks rear end, way easier to stealth play

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

sean10mm posted:

I had an insane difficulty spike about halfway through the season after winning the Retro Bowl. I basically had a 5 star offense & defense cruising along... and suddenly my elite WR never got open deep anymore in multiple games against teams with wildly varying star ratings.

:iiam:

Anecdotally, there is a increase in difficulty for sure. It seems like it was super easy to run in Y1 and Y2, but afterwards you have to work at it to gain more than 2 yards from scrimmage. I also noticed that my stud WR was no longer getting clear separation all the time. He becomes more route dependent (needs a post or 90 in route). Maybe I did hit a spike but I attributed it to being stupid and bullshit pass interference INTs.

My difficulty spike happened in Y6 when I tried to Belichick my way to cap mastery by casting off my vets and retooling with rookies, only to be owned by a very shallow draft. :v: I recovered a year later by going with a full spread offense (traded stud 5 star WR in order to draft 2 4 star WRs, decent TE and RB to pass as backup options).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

explosivo posted:

Is there a phone mount thing for 8bitdo specifically or are there decent universal ones out there? I paired mine up to my phone and it works well but don't really want to lean my phone on something while playing with the controller.

I'm also interested. I know one the NES versions had a built in phone clip, not sure why the pricier, more featured controllers wouldn't, but my SNES30 Pro doesn't.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

explosivo posted:

yup.

https://www.amazon.com/8Bitdo-Smartphone-Clip-SN30-SF30-Pro/dp/B075HF3WVV

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Cerepol posted:

I was coming to post about it as a fellow gacha addict. This is pretty snappy. I'm real curious how the balance holds up for f2p players and the combat itself.
Its also vertical which kicks rear end, way easier to stealth play

most of the best top tier units are from the free currency shop or obtained for free from progressing through story mode

they also give you like 30+ multi-pulls worth of free currency every month and a guaranteed-SSR ticket pull weekly login bonus

this game fuckin rules

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
While I agree that there is a lot that is great about it, it's worth pointing out some of the downsides too. First, you can only use the coin shop if you have dupes. But you also want to be using those dupes to level up the original unit's ultimate. Additionally, costumes have stats in this game and you can have 5 equipped at a time, giving you various stat bonuses. Also, the ads are kinda lovely.

That said, I am quite enjoying the game and it has a lot going for it otherwise.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

hooah posted:

There's the hypothesis tool (the question mark). But otherwise, no.

I didn't know that was there, so useful info anyway.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Roid666 posted:

It cracks me up that the game has better animation than the show.

Edit: actual in show screen shot

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Mar 5, 2020

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

My wife recently realized she likes picross. What's the go-to picross game?

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

It's....literally on this page, man. Don't people read through, at the very least, the last few pages of threads anymore before posting?

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

phourniner posted:

It's....literally on this page, man. Don't people read through, at the very least, the last few pages of threads anymore before posting?

I'm dumb. And also on a cocktail of muscle relaxers and painkillers for an injury. On top of the aforementioned dumbnicity. So wife had question, I posted question.

I have since scrolled up and told her Hungry Cat Picross and she is laying next to me happily painting away.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Saxophone posted:

I'm dumb. And also on a cocktail of muscle relaxers and painkillers for an injury. On top of the aforementioned dumbnicity. So wife had question, I posted question.

I have since scrolled up and told her Hungry Cat Picross and she is laying next to me happily painting away.

Tell her to check out Nonogram.com and Nanograms Katana also. Check out one of my last posts (Edit - 2 pages back) in here for links.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Saxophone posted:

It's ok. We are all Hungry Cat friends in this thread.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Saxophone posted:

There's a very good Konami one if she's into that sort of thing. If not then yeah Hungry Cat Picross is probably the best bet.

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

Saxophone posted:

It's all good, good luck with your injury~

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I am SO glad that SotN is on mobile now (and that I have an 8bitdo controller for it); I never played it on the PS1, the XBLA version was my introduction to it but ever since, I've wanted it on Steam so that I'd always own it on a platform I'd always have (as much as these titles stick around before being removed, of course). My 360 doesn't even work anymore, it's not on Switch, and I can't play it on PC.

I'll take the mobile port, happily.

But for real, it should be on the Switch.

Thanks for telling me about this, seems to be a good port (also never played the original)

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

Aramoro posted:

I've created a team called GoonStrike feel free to join. Theres a cool down on switching teams.

My rank is not high enough to join :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I'm gonna end up buying SOTN for the third time aren't I?