Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

bird cooch posted:

Decades ago I was a Republican.

It shows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

bird cooch posted:

Decades ago I was a Republican.

Yeah, that scans.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
God forbid people change and grow as they age.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Hot take: even if you are pissed at Warren and/or her supporters, it may be more effective to coldly hide that ire and instead just try to get them to vote for Bernie even if it means you forgo dunking on Warren or her supporters.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Yeah, that scans.

yeah it sure does because I am aware of the past and honest with the decisions and positions that I've held in order to inform the decisions I make going forward. Also I'm kind of old now.

I'm sure all of you guys plopped into politics fully-formed with really smart takes and deep understandings.

which I know isn't true cuz....I mean obviously right now you're going through the awkward learning and growing stage. It'll be really embarrassing later like all those people who used to be all about Ron Paul.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

bird cooch posted:

It'll be really embarrassing later like all those people who used to be all about Ron Paul.

It is more embarrassing that you consider Bernie and Ron Paul apt analogues.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
On another note, the death penalty remains on the books primarily as a means to kill black men.

NBC News (@NBCNews) Tweeted:
BREAKING: Alabama inmate Nathaniel Woods executed; Woods' co-defendant, who has confessed to being the triggerman and denies Woods was complicit, implored for his execution to be stopped. https://t.co/3pSM83X1eZ https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1235772232913297410?s=20

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/policy-issues/race

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

It is more embarrassing that you consider Bernie and Ron Paul apt analogues.

Your reg date is old enough to have gone through that cycle

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
people can have consistent political views throughout their lives though

look at Bernie Sanders

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

bird cooch posted:

Your reg date is old enough to have gone through that cycle

Hence knowing how utterly dumb it is to consider Paul and Bernie supporters analogues.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

bird cooch posted:

yeah it sure does because I am aware of the past and honest with the decisions and positions that I've held in order to inform the decisions I make going forward. Also I'm kind of old now.

I'm sure all of you guys plopped into politics fully-formed with really smart takes and deep understandings.

which I know isn't true cuz....I mean obviously right now you're going through the awkward learning and growing stage. It'll be really embarrassing later like all those people who used to be all about Ron Paul.

You're the only smart person in the room, got it. Take a step back guys, we're not allowed to have opinions because we're just kids.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

Hence knowing how utterly dumb it is to consider Paul and Bernie supporters analogues.

I'm obviously not comparing the politicians like you are trying to argue. Just the fervent supporters in the face of everything. 2016-2, lose harder!

I'm sure that Biden will pull a Hillary and choke as well.

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

You're the only smart person in the room, got it. Take a step back guys, we're not allowed to have opinions because we're just kids.

I am not smart, I enlisted in two separate branches

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

bird cooch posted:

I'm obviously not comparing the politicians like you are trying to argue. Just the fervent supporters in the face of everything. 2016-2, lose harder!

Yes, I know. It’s still a dumb comparison. I am saying your argument is dumb on its face, not that it’s misunderstood.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Republicans gonna Republican

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The PURE SAINT BERNIE poo poo gets old real fast.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

mlmp08 posted:

On another note, the death penalty remains on the books primarily as a means to kill black men.

BREAKING: Alabama inmate Nathaniel Woods executed; Woods' co-defendant, who has confessed to being the triggerman and denies Woods was complicit, implored for his execution to be stopped. https://t.co/3pSM83X1eZ https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1235772232913297410?s=20

Alabama being Alabama.

loving monsters.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

mlmp08 posted:

Executed by a POS Right Wing Governor who prides herself on being "Pro-Life"

Hypocritical liars and assholes, the lot of them.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

mlmp08 posted:

Hot take: even if you are pissed at Warren and/or her supporters, it may be more effective to coldly hide that ire and instead just try to get them to vote for Bernie even if it means you forgo dunking on Warren or her supporters.
This. Voted Bernie in 2016, have already voted Bernie in 2020 despite real missteps from campaign staff, and want him to make it to the general. If Bernie supporters don't self-police to keep the movement as positive and welcoming as possible, he's not going to make it. Complain all you want about "the issues matter more than your feelings", but that's just not how human nature works. A Warren supporter who is genuinely undecided is more likely to be won over by sweet lies from the Biden camp than "harsh truths" from the Bernie camp.

Warren's out. Stop rehashing the past and start trying to benefit from it.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Something tells me that we're not going to get the support of the same people who howled about Barack Bros in 2008, Bernie Bros in 2016 and again in 2020

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Going away from the primary fight, some unqualified good news:

https://twitter.com/GovHowardDean/status/1235968061435449345?s=20

fuckin' eat poo poo, bibi

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

It's true, only the supporters of the Scoundrel Bernard are mean and negative on the internet. Everybody is super chill and cool.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

CommieGIR posted:

Executed by a POS Right Wing Governor who prides herself on being "Pro-Life"

Hypocritical liars and assholes, the lot of them.

She is probably one of those

Hot Karl Marx posted:

people [who] can have consistent political views throughout their lives though

look at Bernie Sanders

So good (?!)

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
The worst part of being a leftist is other leftists. Quit being dicks. This is the vet forums. Most of us were occupying soldiers at some point, let people make their turn left without haranguing them. Jesus.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
In COVID news, the University of Washington is suspending in-person classes on Monday and switching to remote finals testing for the end of the quarter.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

In COVID news, the University of Washington is suspending in-person classes on Monday and switching to remote finals testing for the end of the quarter.

after finals: "in education news, the University of Washington's collective GPAs rose half a percent this semester."

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Yikes

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Jarmak posted:

Yes I get that your worldview flows from the presumption that Bernie is the one true progressive so anyone who opposes him not only is wrong but knows they are wrong and therefore is an intentional enemy. That was the point behind remark.

Personally I think if you earnestly believe in progressive ideals you choose your allies based primarily on who shares those ideals not exclusively on who shares your opinion of who would best implement them. But if you're not with us you're against us right?

Lets take healthcare as an example. Read up on Warrens proposed plan.

Then read Sander's. Then read Biden's. Which one do you think more accurately shares her ideals?

I'll drop it now, but feel free to send more of those great zingers my way.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I too will drop it but not before making sure I get in one last dig

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Hell yeah I'm really looking forward to how tense poo poo gets after some kind of mandatory quarantine is implemented while the elections are pending.

Edit: also why does anyone care about Warren anymore? I don't think her endorsement is gonna carry much weight given how aggressive both Biden and Bernie's camps are gonna go after one another.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Who's renee

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I have fat fingers and am posting from a bus where I hope to contract Coronavirus

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I have fat fingers and am posting from a bus where I hope to contract Coronavirus

Did you get a lawyer to look over the contract first

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Just got an notice at work that anyone travelling to China, Japan, S. Korea, Iran or Italy must do a 14 day self-quarantine, for business or personal reasons.
Anyone going for business reasons need Executive-level authorization.

I'm supposed to be going to Greece in May. Need to make sure my hotels and flights are refundable.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah, I'm seriously considering whether I cancel my USA trip.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Yeah, I'm seriously considering whether I cancel my USA trip.

If it makes it easier, the decision will probably be made for you eventually when we shut down all incoming traffic from foreign countries for “public safety.”

Which I’m actually surprised hasn’t been publicly floated as an idea (right?).

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Woofer posted:

If it makes it easier, the decision will probably be made for you eventually when we shut down all incoming traffic from foreign countries for “public safety.”

Which I’m actually surprised hasn’t been publicly floated as an idea (right?).

He already discussed closing the southern border like a week ago

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Proud Christian Mom posted:

He already discussed closing the southern border like a week ago

He really knows that the base loves his greatest hits.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

There is a full on push to paint Biden as the more woke candidate after he's spent his life being a creep to women and befriending segregationists, and it's got me so worked up I think I'm going to do the unthinkable and stop looking at Twitter for a while. My God the chutzpah of it all.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Donnie's gameplan of happy talk and his minions' Bullshit Containment Offensive keeps getting hosed over

https://twitter.com/waxpancake/status/1236048626687696896?s=19

by actual events. Also, his visuals are

https://twitter.com/Kevinliptakcnn/status/1236046586653954050?s=19

not great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Cat avatar haver with a star.