Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

jazzyhattrick posted:

You have an avatar of somebody called Lewis, you are truly #Blessed.

:lewis:

yeah but he has an italian last name so he's probably not fraudulent

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Is he one of those Soy Boys I've heard so much about?

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

track day bro! posted:

yeah but he has an italian last name so he's probably not fraudulent

His uncle is pretty drat cool too!

He was one of the best parts of The Musketeers tv series from 2014.

Edit: His paternal grandfather, Giovanni Batiste Capaldi, was Italian, born in Picinisco, Frosinone, Lazio, Italy. The rest of Peter's ancestry is Scottish and Irish.

Double Edit: Oh it turns out its his cousin...not uncle.

Custard Undies fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Mar 6, 2020

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

quote:

As per February 2020, Capaldi is still living with his parents in Whitburn, West Lothian,[32] in the same bedroom he has had since he was 10 years old.[33] He is a football fan and supports its hometown club Celtic. [34]

quote:

Born
7 October 1996 (age 23)
Glasgow

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
seems like a cool dude imho

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
britishness aside

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

he's not british he's from glasgow

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Australia is going to be cancelled isn’t it

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Australia is going to be cancelled isn’t it

No, all the licensed MDs and certified galaxybrains in motorsport.com's comment section are telling us that coronavirus isn't a threat unless you're elderly or already dying, so it's going to go ahead.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Theophany posted:

No, all the licensed MDs and certified galaxybrains in motorsport.com's comment section are telling us that coronavirus isn't a threat unless you're elderly or already dying, so it's going to go ahead.

They should be worried because we all know it’s fat old White guys who love this sport

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

get in there lewis

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

NtotheTC posted:

Haha you guys sure showed me guess ill

Oh wait

Turns out you're all dumb as poo poo and you're as bad at rating driver hotness as you are at driver performance.

"George Russel looks weird" is a "stroll driver of the day" level take

Wow, please give a warning before posting pics this hot, I just flooded my apartment.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Bahrain GP suspending ticket sales. I’m sure it’s fine!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
listening to midweek motorsport and they were quoting ross brawn as saying if any teams don't make it to a round because of corona causes that round to become a non championship round sounds like we should cancel formula 1 this year and also forever

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Looking forward to teams strategically missing rounds at tracks where their car sucks.

Williams to miss all rounds

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/wmsc-team-criticism-ferrari-settlement/4723967/

Ferrari was innocent and all the idiotic non ferrari teams should be banned for bringing the sport into disrepute.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The new lil Uzi Vert album is fuckin lit

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Zeta Acosta posted:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/wmsc-team-criticism-ferrari-settlement/4723967/

Ferrari was innocent and all the idiotic non ferrari teams should be banned for bringing the sport into disrepute.

wow, who would've thought that ferrari didn't cheat because italians are honest unlike british ppl

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

OhsH posted:

get in there lewis

cumming into my fist and eating it op

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Zeta Acosta posted:

Wow who would have thought the FIA would disagree with criticism of themselves

Ferrari cheated and got off extremely lightly because the FIA are incompetent

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
I am going to the Australian GP and will surely get covid19 but it’s worth it to see Vettel being a bin man in person

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Theophany posted:

cumming into my fist and eating it op

relax, lewis

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Red_Fred posted:

I am going to the Australian GP and will surely get covid19 but it’s worth it to see Vettel being a bin man in person

What Australian GP?

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

What Australian GP?

The cancelled one

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
The FIA have lifted the rule about limiting helmet redesigns. So congratulations – instead of trying to remember 20 ugly and forgettable lids, we now have to remember several hundred ugly and forgettable designs...

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

reddit is no doubt "chills"ing themselves into a coma over the UNLIMITED hemlets because pointing out "HGNNNNNN THERE WAS AN EXTRA LINE ON GROSJEANS HELMET THIS WEEKEND POSSIBLY REPRESENTING THE LINE ALL ATHLETES MUST CROSS INSIDE THEMSELVES TO BECOME THE BEST IN THE WORLD UGNNNN" and getting 3 karma for it is a redditors wet dream.

I'm so glad you guys are only morons in terms of liking and disliking the wrong drivers

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Can someone check on Seb? He was pretty much the reason for the ban in the first place.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

And also cast iron v teflon, ferrari sidepods etc

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Pablo Bluth posted:

The FIA have lifted the rule about limiting helmet redesigns. So congratulations – instead of trying to remember 20 ugly and forgettable lids, we now have to remember several hundred ugly and forgettable designs...

Once they started mandating proper numbers it stopped mattering really.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

NtotheTC posted:

reddit is no doubt "chills"ing themselves into a coma over the UNLIMITED hemlets because pointing out "HGNNNNNN THERE WAS AN EXTRA LINE ON GROSJEANS HELMET THIS WEEKEND POSSIBLY REPRESENTING THE LINE ALL ATHLETES MUST CROSS INSIDE THEMSELVES TO BECOME THE BEST IN THE WORLD UGNNNN" and getting 3 karma for it is a redditors wet dream.

I'm so glad you guys are only morons in terms of liking and disliking the wrong drivers

this post was so bad that i literally got about 3 words into it and then my eyes just slid off the page so this is exactly the kind of content i like in this thread, incredibly banal poo poo i cant be hosed to read

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

NtotheTC posted:

You lunatic unrealist, are you suggesting that such posts might dislodge literally every other post in the f1 reddit, literally every one of which is a photoshop of JPS Lotus colors on a 2032 Racing Point car whose formula doesn't exist and has never been proposed by the FIA but has nonetheless received 3000 upvotes in 2 days?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Dudley posted:

Once they started mandating proper numbers it stopped mattering really.
The FIA scrapping a rule they didn't properly enforce for another rule they don't properly enforce. Everyone's a winner...

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
What's the issue with multiple helmet designs?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

it makes it harder to tell which driver is which when they change their helmet design every race.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

NtotheTC posted:

it makes it harder to tell which driver is which when they change their helmet design every race.

If you see a bad driver with an unfamiliar helmet, that's Vettel.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

maffew buildings posted:

What's the issue with multiple helmet designs?

Vettel would turn up with like three helmet designs a weekend every race of the season and every single one of the designs were poo poo. Nobody had the heart to tell Vettel this so they just made this rule because it was less embarrassing

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

NtotheTC posted:

They could always mark the cars in an identifiable way

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
why the gently caress would you look at reddit for any mainstream popular subject in the first place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

reddit does admittedly get the content first- I see myself like a curator for the British Museum, we take the artifacts (content) away from the primitive people (redditors) who merely created it and and don't have the sophistication to understand or appreciate it properly and bring it back to the Civilised World (SA) where it can be enjoyed by the Right Sort of People.