Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

this is breaking my brain

I posted that on reddit and the top two comments where saying he's a good looking dude and he's a normal looking dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

HOloy gently caress!!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Yukaichiban posted:

I posted that on reddit
don’t

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yukaichiban posted:

While discussing dark orders record Vinny yelled "I CAN'T SEE THEM" about AEW dark matches that air every week, free... idiot.

He does have a weird "if it isn't shown on Dynamite it didn't happen" mindset. It's weird when it's established now that Dark is where people go to have matches and build a record until there's room for them to do something on Dynamite.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
What on earth is he wearing

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

njsykora posted:

He does have a weird "if it isn't shown on Dynamite it didn't happen" mindset. It's weird when it's established now that Dark is where people go to have matches and build a record until there's room for them to do something on Dynamite.
It's something people gripe on for AEW a lot, like "Oh, I didn't see this piece of Dark or I didn't see that skit from BTE so it means nothing to me" as if watching an extra hour of good wrestling product a week compares to the 6-10 hours of WWE programming they pump out a week

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

Bryan got an award for his won award win.

No clue if pic will post or ill look dumb.

https://imgur.com/a/HIaZaZC

Link if pic doesn't post ^

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Omg bryan had Mongolian grill for dinner. Dip poo poo that he is, lol

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

RealFoxy posted:

It's something people gripe on for AEW a lot, like "Oh, I didn't see this piece of Dark or I didn't see that skit from BTE so it means nothing to me" as if watching an extra hour of good wrestling product a week compares to the 6-10 hours of WWE programming they pump out a week

If a team becomes the number one contender for the titles, it is not an unreasonable ask to have them win a single match on the most important of the products.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

RealFoxy posted:

I don't always watch Dark or BTE and like i think Dynamite should largely be able to stand on its own, but its definitely weird how people act like something on Youtube is somehow a hurdle to access when WWE has the Network, to watch NJPW or whatever you probably have to go to another app, or its people doing a podcast you'd have to go find in its own app too.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Yukaichiban posted:

Bryan got an award for his won award win.

No clue if pic will post or ill look dumb.

https://imgur.com/a/HIaZaZC

Link if pic doesn't post ^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ItoNlJA-n4

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

No thanks given to Granny despite her doing segments on the book for weeks on the show.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

yea ok posted:

Mongolian grill is delicious? What am I missing here?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Incessant Excess posted:

Appears to be a pure white zip up cable knit sweater

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TL posted:

I can’t think about Kento Miyahara without thinking about the time last year when Dave spent 20 minutes during an episode of WOR talking about how much better Miyahara is than the Miz.

hey look what i found

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6l1EJ2uZv4

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
*sees a regular looking guy*

what the absolute gently caress

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

...I know what Dave is trying to say because my brain is trained to his ways but it sure sounds like he's saying "Kento is the best mediocre wrestler in the world".

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yea ok posted:

this made me laugh so hard lmao

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

...I know what Dave is trying to say because my brain is trained to his ways but it sure sounds like he's saying "Kento is the best mediocre wrestler in the world".
I know exactly what he's trying to say, I was thinking the same thing at work today. DDT has a handful of them right now too, they're amazing wrestlers but they're not outlandish characters like Okada or Tanahashi, they don't stand out physically like Ishii, they don't do high spots like Ibushi or Hiromu. They're absolutely perfect at pro wrestling but there's nothing in particular that makes them stand out.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Incessant Excess posted:

A lace curtain

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

my favorite thing about the clip is the inciting incident is alexa bliss' shoe coming untied

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Super No Vacancy posted:

this made me laugh so hard lmao
Why? What's the joke?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

Mike is actually good on the Big Audio Nightmare.

Agreed. It's frustrating on WOL, and I think partly because Bryan will use the excuse of him talking to do something else/prep so it's just Mike talking into a void. Recently they did a show where Jim Valley was on as well, and when Mike went into his usual "let me just address counter-claims to my claim before I finish making my original claim" thing, Jim was actually listening and interrupted to raise those points instead, and suddenly Mike is having a conversation instead of just rambling.

What I'm saying is that Jim Valley is the best addition (along with Fumi) that WO/F4W has made in a long time.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Yeah, Jim Valley is amazing, even if I keep being disappointed that he doesn't look like Vince Gillican even though he sounds exactly like him.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

It's more "he isn't a physical marvel, and he doesn't have the heart stopping high spots of an Omega or an Ospreay, but he's got the best fundamentals on the planet and is the most consistently great performer with a style that can survive a high workload".

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Anybody here use Pocketcasts? Can I link F4W with it?

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

njsykora posted:

It’s an extremely valid criticism of AEW, imo. You really should be able to follow along the main TV show without the supplementary shows. A graphic, brief recap or even a reminder by commentary would suffice.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I’ve never watched Dark and I find Dynamite very easy to follow :shrug:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not sure what the thing we're talking about is. That Dark Order are ranked #1? The rankings aren't on Dynamite either, are they? And AEW hasn't announced a title shot, have they? I'd agree that if Dark Order got a title shot with no build on Dynamite that would be odd.

Otherwise Dark Order are regularly mentioend on Dynamite so the idea that they're a presence in the tag division isn't unestablished. Being #1 Contenders would be sudden but we all know by now the AEW rankings don't work like that.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

RBX posted:

Anybody here use Pocketcasts? Can I link F4W with it?

Yes, no. They password protect individual episodes and as such their feeds don't work with Pocket Casts. If you're on Android, Beyond Pod works. If you're on iOS, Overcast works.

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

STAC Goat posted:

I'm not sure what the thing we're talking about is. That Dark Order are ranked #1? The rankings aren't on Dynamite either, are they? And AEW hasn't announced a title shot, have they? I'd agree that if Dark Order got a title shot with no build on Dynamite that would be odd.

Otherwise Dark Order are regularly mentioend on Dynamite so the idea that they're a presence in the tag division isn't unestablished. Being #1 Contenders would be sudden but we all know by now the AEW rankings don't work like that.

I just double checked my tape to be sure, they were merely the #1 ranked team below Hangman and Kenny thanks to their wins on Dark, not the #1 contenders. I think Vinny is getting the two mixed up.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
they have one benefit in never watching dark

they will be entirely unaware of the arrival, and the release, of Japanese Deathmatch Legend Luther

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

bladeworksmaster posted:

I just double checked my tape to be sure, they were merely the #1 ranked team below Hangman and Kenny thanks to their wins on Dark, not the #1 contenders. I think Vinny is getting the two mixed up.

That was my interpretation of the conversation. I don't know what was said but it sounds like they talked about the rankings and then got upset that the Dark Order were "#1 Contenders" because they weren't winning matches on Dynamite. But that seems very dumb to me considering the rankings aren't a featured part of Dynamite either so its like going on Twitter to be upset that you're asked to go on Youtube. When you were only kinda asked.

IF AEW says "Dark Order are ranked #1 and get a title shot", then yeah. Weird. But given the way they've booked so far I assume that at the very least there would be a #1 Contender's match or something where the Dark Order got a win to establish them as the #1 Contenders. I feel like pretty much every title shot has come from a victory over either champ or another top contender in a stated #1 Contender's match. The only exception I can think of is Statlander/Nyla, which i think was a poorly booked affair.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

bladeworksmaster posted:

Those 2 things are usually one and the same, but they hadn't been announced as getting a title shot yet. They probably will be next in line for Omega Cowboy though.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
I'd like to think if you've got an ongoing story line with another team or person (Like Dark Order / SCU or Best Friends/Lucha Bros) and one of those teams is ranked #1, they should continue their fued regardless of ranking, and get a title shot after or something like that.

Because someones gonna wrack up like 4 wins with the Inner Circle at some point which means solid record, prolly #1 contender, but they'd rather fight jericho without the title than for the title vs Mox, and just do Mox after

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sleepwalkers posted:

Yes, no. They password protect individual episodes and as such their feeds don't work with Pocket Casts. If you're on Android, Beyond Pod works. If you're on iOS, Overcast works.

All of their shows are categorized separately and have to be individually subscribed to on pocket costs, after trying all sorts of apps it's just easier to stream it through browser.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

njsykora posted:

Those 2 things are usually one and the same, but they hadn't been announced as getting a title shot yet. They probably will be next in line for Omega Cowboy though.

The thing is, they release a new set of rankings every week so while the #1 ranked wrestler is often the #1 Contender that's not an immediate thing. Right now Jericho, Shida, and the Dark Order at the #1s. Two weeks ago Riho was the #1 ranked wrestler but she hasn't gotten a rematch and was passed over by Statlander. Santana and Ortiz were ranked #1 for like a month but I don't believe they ever got a title shot. Its just not as 1:1 as that.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

OFFICER LIGER posted:

All of their shows are categorized separately and have to be individually subscribed to on pocket costs, after trying all sorts of apps it's just easier to stream it through browser.

I've never gotten any of their individual show feeds to work in Pocket Casts, via adding my username/password to the feed URL. It'll populate the feed, but listening/downloading won't work. Did you get past that?
It's super easy in Beyondpod and Overcast, you just enter your credentials while subscribing and it works, much easier than listening in a browser, imo.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I don't think password protected feeds are supported in pocket casts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

works fine in Podcast Addict for Android