Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Seems to be one of her defining traits. She also hosed up the Dajh capture too by being reckless and definitely would've hosed up the Soji one if not for Narek.

Hey we don't call her stupid sexy sister for nothin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think Rikker and Deannas house in that episode is the same set used in Avengers Endgame?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Lizard Combatant posted:

Yeah fair enough, but it ultimately meant nothing (and I was addressing the unlikelihood of the suggested plot point in the post I was replying to). They're tracking the ship and apparently had all the information you'd need to find the homeworld. Why not follow him a little longer to gain access to the room? She learnt nothing usable.

She’s definitely one of the weaker characters because she does this kind of poo poo all the time and it makes her seem like a complete moron.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

She’s definitely one of the weaker characters because she does this kind of poo poo all the time and it makes her seem like a complete moron.

Like so incompetent as to be a massive liability to her extremely competent and secretive organisation.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

I said come in! posted:

I think Rikker and Deannas house in that episode is the same set used in Avengers Endgame?

Tony’s cabin is in Georgia.

Riker’s cabin was in The Great Outdoors though
https://twitter.com/trekcore/status/1235758305693315081?s=21

Just imagine a Riker sex candle ghost episode but it’s John Candy visiting him each night.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Just imagine a Riker sex candle ghost episode but it’s John Candy visiting him each night.

the first thing I thought of when Picard said his new crew had more baggage than his old one was "Crusher was haunted by a sex ghost and her son was space Jesus"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Pretty much nothing happened in this episode except for the evil Romulan lady killing people, and that was super loving dumb like CW superhero show level of villainy.

So edgy. Real fun to watch Hugh watch all the people he cares for die and then get killed himself. Thanks, Star Trek!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

PostNouveau posted:

Pretty much nothing happened in this episode except for the evil Romulan lady killing people, and that was super loving dumb like CW superhero show level of villainy.

So edgy. Real fun to watch Hugh watch all the people he cares for die and then get killed himself. Thanks, Star Trek!

Source your quotes

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I didn't clue in to Riker and Troi's daughter being named after Troi's daughter that died when she was a baby.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
Ooh, Troi had a secret sister who drowned and it nearly drove her mother to madness? So edgy, Star Trek!

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I need to ask, is Riker's beard part of Riker or is it a separate organism, kinda like a Trill symbiont?

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

I didn't clue in to Riker and Troi's daughter being named after Troi's daughter that died when she was a baby.

Even better: their dead son, Thad, appears to have been named after Riker's Civil War ancestor, Thaddius.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

PostNouveau posted:

You're talking about a show that is the progeny of UPN and WB-level channels.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

aunty rafi's cake-mix may be the first fun thing I've ever heard federation people talk about.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I thought Oh was a Romulan in disguise, turns out she's a legit vulcan which was a surprise to me. I didn't think they would give a poo poo about synths like that

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I think the idea they're seeding is that the Zhat Vash are only the Romulan sect of an anti-synth terrorist movement. The Federation has its own (probably connected to Section 31 of course)

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
You guys were right.

Voyager IS really easy to fall asleep to.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Let's be real if there are any two people who could pull of polyamory its Troi and Riker.

I liked this episode and did a lot of great things for Troi as a character but also reminded me that oh yah, Johnathan Frakes is a good actor. I also contend that the show is setting up Rios as a possible Captain should they want to do a more tradition Star Trek new lives new civilizations type of Trek.

Though I DO think its mean that they randomly kill Troi/Riker kid, is that technically fridging?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Longbaugh01 posted:

You guys were right.

Voyager IS really easy to fall asleep to.

How anyone can relax to the sound of Janeway's vile voice is beyond me. It's like nails on a blackboard.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

How anyone can relax to the sound of Janeway's vile voice is beyond me. It's like nails on a blackboard.

:thejoke:

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I thought Oh was a Romulan in disguise, turns out she's a legit vulcan which was a surprise to me. I didn't think they would give a poo poo about synths like that

*cough* Logic Extremists *cough*

Remain Vulcan!

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

This show has a million threads in the background it isn't going to do any of the work to meaningfully pull together, Vulcan/Romulan secret unification is absolutely one of them.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I said come in! posted:

No one else seems impressed that Riker's house has shields, cloaking scanners, and an orbital defense system, which all suggests a powerful AI/computer system and a power source that's possibly as strong as a warp engine (weren't ship shields powered by the warp engines?).

I like to think they keep Engineer O'Brien in a shack out back, keeping all the hidden machinery running.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

shields UP, run anti-candy scan

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

GORDON posted:

I like to think they keep Engineer O'Brien in a shack out back, keeping all the hidden machinery running.

Probably Molly O’Brien at this point. Miles is probably still teaching at the Academy, or retired and gallivanting around holodeck adventures with Bashir.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Carbon dioxide posted:

I need to ask, is Riker's beard part of Riker or is it a separate organism, kinda like a Trill symbiont?

Its the remnant of his Q powers
The only wish he fulfilled with his Q powers was the beard

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Source your quotes

The source is me. I watched it, and it was bad.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Alchenar posted:

This show has a million threads in the background it isn't going to do any of the work to meaningfully pull together, Vulcan/Romulan secret unification is absolutely one of them.

Unlike TNG, which devoted whole episodes to pulling together the overarching plot thread of, checks notes, unironically racist depictions of space Irish.

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
O'Brien will randomly appear in the background of some scene, staring at a self-sealing stem bolt he's holding with a look of utter confusion.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Drunk in Space posted:

O'Brien will randomly appear in the background of some scene, staring at a self-sealing stem bolt he's holding with a look of utter confusion.

And then his shoulder will randomly dislocate and he’ll scream in pain.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Jesus Christ, I know y'all have an eternal hate-boner for Voyager but her voice is badass. YOU'RE VILE

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I can think of at least 3 mass effects, two witchers, and a dragon age that could've really used Janeyway's voice

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Longbaugh01 posted:

And then his shoulder will randomly dislocate and he’ll scream in pain.

O'Brien then develops a serious synthehol addiction and destroys his marriage

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Tighclops posted:

I mean, to be honest, we all saw this coming.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Tighclops posted:

This would never happen in Picard because Obrien and Keiko splitting up would be a massive benefit for both of them.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

upgunned shitpost posted:

aunty rafi's cake-mix may be the first fun thing I've ever heard federation people talk about.

I liked the red velvet joke because red velvet is my favorite flavor of cake, or at least the flavor of cake I'd like to be eating right now the most if not for the calories. All the La Sirena scenes were good

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Khanstant posted:

Jesus Christ, I know y'all have an eternal hate-boner for Voyager but her voice is badass. YOU'RE VILE
For real. I think I mentioned this before, but there is this really good episode of Cheers where Kate plays this young ambitious Boston politician. She's really cool and downright dashing. It really paints a different type of Captain that Mulgrew could have played.

Janeway should have honestly been more Kirk-like.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Timeless Appeal posted:

For real. I think I mentioned this before, but there is this really good episode of Cheers where Kate plays this young ambitious Boston politician. She's really cool and downright dashing. It really paints a different type of Captain that Mulgrew could have played.

Janeway should have honestly been more Kirk-like.

Not sure if the bosses would've allowed Kate to rip her shirt in every fight scene

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Mulgrew has a brassy voice. It's cool but on the other hand it's definitely not something you would fall asleep to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Arglebargle III posted:

Mulgrew has a brassy voice. It's cool but on the other hand it's definitely not something you would fall asleep to.

This is true but everyone else on that bridge is the vocal equivalent of NyQuil. Especially Tom, Harry, and Chakotay. I struggle to stay awake through any of their episodes on a normal basis.