Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Looper posted:

act 2 of sky base zone. there's a floating platform kinda hidden behind the start that takes you through a pretty chill sequence of slow moving platforms and the zone's chaos emerald. i have no idea what the actual level looks like lol

Oh right. Duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1236100389679722496

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Give us Mania 2 you cowards!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Dehry posted:

SXSW was cancelled so whatever was planned for Sonic is probably frantically being rescheduled.

straight up embarrassing that SXSW took until the absolute last minute to do so

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
anyway sonic blast is absolutely hideous but i kind of love it??

retroarch's screenshotting is appropriately bad but get a load of this

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Yeah, it's Gamma and Big :v:

Beta is up there though, probably top 10 material.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Looper posted:

anyway sonic blast is absolutely hideous but i kind of love it??

retroarch's screenshotting is appropriately bad but get a load of this

Sonic vs. Son Egkong

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

He's not looking for a job, he's just under court order to introduce himself to every household and business within a certain radius of his home when he moves to a new neighborhood.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/NotKonata/status/1236049618678321152

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/miexriir/status/1237771562582855680?s=21

Admiral_Cola
Jan 11, 2012

Pretty insane that Mario is a vector for disease.
And Vector is a crocodile for Sonic.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Finally, it’s socially acceptable to ship Sonic with Izzy.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Pants Donkey posted:

Finally, it’s socially acceptable to ship Sonic with Izzy.

Hey, you leave the best Digidestined out of this. :v:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

You know what I meant :argh:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1239914616286633984

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
They got Jacksepticeye to voice that btw

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Yo so the Sonic Movie just got to digial distribution and I watched it.

Holy hell it was so good. There were some moments of moderate cringe, but overall I've had tons of fun with it and was very into it all the way through. And it was a treat to the eyes as well. Yeah sure, the CGI was extremely noticable at some points, but thankfully this was not an issue due to the fact that Sonic had such a distinct style.

And you know what, I get that being in isolation for years makes Sonic just vomit words when he has someone to talk to, I pretty much do the same during my limited human encounters during quarantinne.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, that was surprisingly decent and I honestly wouldn’t mind seeing another one (which is saying something as I was ready to write this movie off the moment we got the first plot details). Jim Carrey was entertaining as expected and only got better as the movie went on, proving once again that Robotnik is usually the best part of any Sonic-related media (sure, he was basically playing himself again but it kind of worked in this case).

Also while she’s uncredited as far as I can tell, Tails is apparently voiced by the same woman who currently plays him in the games Colleen Villard. That kind of makes me curious why we couldn’t have just had Roger as Sonic (though Ben Schwartz does a decent enough job honestly).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Apr 3, 2020

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

They probably haven't put much thought into Tails yet other than sequel bait, so it makes sense to just grab the regular VA for a couple of lines. They might well hire someone else for the sequel.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Sonic X Reanimated just released

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFvDJojoIWE

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

holy poo poo 22 minutes?!

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

It's an entire episode of Sonic X

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

Yeah, they essentially reanimated an entire episode of Sonic X from scratch.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Larryb posted:

Yeah, they essentially reanimated an entire episode of Sonic X from scratch.

Yup, every scene is a different animator. There have been similar projects with Mario, Zelda and Kirby cartoons.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1251694115353358336

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.facebook.com/tab.kimpton/videos/10219121958911964/

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Yesss....

YEEESSSSS...

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

get a load of this

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

So I bought a copy of Sonic The Hedgehog 1 on GBA, knowing it was awful. It's pretty awful.

I just bought a copy of Sega Smash Pack, which so contains Sonic 1, Ecco The Dolphin, and Golden Axe. I'm sure those ports are terrible too.

Does anyone know why THQ published games for Sega on GBA, rather than doing it themselves?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
THQ signed a massive handheld licensing deal with Sega at the dawn of the GBA, Sega had just gone third-party and I guess they didn't want to spread themselves too thin or something. I want to say the very late games were published by Sega themselves, or even Atlus or other publishers for stuff like Shining Soul.

THQ didn't just publish Sega's games, they also made a bunch of new games and ports using Sega licenses, most of which are complete dogshit. Jet Set Radio's the one good one that comes to mind - they got the team behind the Tony Hawk GBA games to do it, so it mostly plays like one of those.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

ArfJason posted:

YOOOSSSHH...

fixed

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

THQ signed a massive handheld licensing deal with Sega at the dawn of the GBA, Sega had just gone third-party and I guess they didn't want to spread themselves too thin or something. I want to say the very late games were published by Sega themselves, or even Atlus or other publishers for stuff like Shining Soul.

THQ didn't just publish Sega's games, they also made a bunch of new games and ports using Sega licenses, most of which are complete dogshit. Jet Set Radio's the one good one that comes to mind - they got the team behind the Tony Hawk GBA games to do it, so it mostly plays like one of those.

I suppose. I still find it weird. The Sonic Advance games were developed by Dimps. Sega's switch to third party went really smoothly all things considered. Exclusives for all three major consoles. Could you imagine that happening today? Everything eventually makes it's way to the other systems these days.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Okay then.

https://twitter.com/RYANtheDRUMMOND/status/1252490371138912256?s=19
https://twitter.com/TheEmuEmi/status/1252491147533926400?s=19

OKAY THEN.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I have no Idea whatsoever what this could be referring to... Sonic and Tails holding chaos emeralds? new sonic game I guess? someone help me here...

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Sonic Adventure remaster? Some animated short? The mind wanders.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

who is emi jones

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I believe these are the original voice actors from Sonic Adventure

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Oh my god if it's a full remaster of Sonic Adventure I will poo poo my pants so hard I'll sonic boom to the moon and back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

Oh my god if it's a full remaster of Sonic Adventure I will poo poo my pants so hard I'll sonic boom to the moon and back.

I'd like to request a thread title change please.