Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Rutkowski posted:

Wasn't that back then or at least my schools didn't give a gently caress cause I didn't have a school year with an attendance rate higher than 65-70%

This, however, I remember being able to dodge and gently caress with their system enough that I only got caught one month over all those years. The limit was 20% absence IIRC but holy poo poo were they bad at enforcing that one.

Unless something changed recently. As little as 4 hours of unauthorized absence per month can be enough to lose payments these days.

You see children in large families *wink* sometimes skip school *wink* and school is important so this needs to be addressed through increased support for the family severe cuts to their economy as punishment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
Holy poo poo yeah that was *not* in place in Vårgårda or Alingsås when I went to HS/Gymnasium. I got four siblings and three step-siblings and man did we rack up absences over the years.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Alliance stiffed all that up in 2010-2014.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Doing some reading on it. If you're older than 18 and living at home while studying. Unauthorized absence can not only lose you your studiebidrag. It can cause a chain reaction where your family loses the multi-child support for your younger siblings. As well as your mothers bostadsbidrag because now you're not studying so you must be working or have some other form of income.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

So the Corona figures from Italy and Iran seem to indicate one of two things.

Their healthcare systems are so bad that the mortality rate just happens to be 3 times normal.

Or they have only detected about 1/3 of infected people.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Considering a majority of swedish cases are now Italy-traced it certainly seems so.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Katt posted:

Doing some reading on it. If you're older than 18 and living at home while studying. Unauthorized absence can not only lose you your studiebidrag. It can cause a chain reaction where your family loses the multi-child support for your younger siblings. As well as your mothers bostadsbidrag because now you're not studying so you must be working or have some other form of income.

Det finnes lite i tilværelsen som ikke minner
Deg på at du er arbeidsløs, du har tråkka i salaten
Men de har nerver nok til å kalle dette "velferdsstaten"

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

MiddleOne posted:

Considering a majority of swedish cases are now Italy-traced it certainly seems so.

Yup, today they found out a student in Lund, who had visited Italy, has corona. Oh, and he lives in a dorm. Oh, and he went to a student union party the same weekend his symptoms started. So yeah, imagine yourself how many potential cases you get from that one guy alone.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

lol

https://twitter.com/sr_ekot/status/1235268552464183296

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
nice

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
dont worry. government experts say it has likely peaked. epidemics can only happen to swarthy people and dumb americans

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Mercrom posted:

dont worry. government experts say it has likely peaked. epidemics can only happen to swarthy people and dumb americans

Well I’m double hosed.

Time to finally infect the svennar :kheldragar:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The Master Race

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

teen witch posted:

Time to finally infect the svennar :kheldragar:

Could you wait until after this weekend? I need to smuggle some stuff in preperation for corona lockdown.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

The Master Race

Reminds me of this.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Nice piece of fish posted:

Could you wait until after this weekend? I need to smuggle some stuff in preperation for corona lockdown.

It’s too late, I am 2brown2immigrant

Åkesson should have handed out fliers warning others of me. Go ahead, close the borders from the outside, that means y’all are stuck in here with me.

Ḏ̨̢̲̟͖̖̆̃̿̋̀̅̚u̷̗̹͍̲̹̟͖͑͛͗̔̿͋͒͟͠͞͞ ą̶̧͙̠̮̻͓̮̈̃̈́̒̅͐̀̓̒͢͟r̡͔̝̝̫̼̰̩̼̐̈́̑̽̕͡ͅ f̵̨̠͕̗͙̭̋͋̅͗̓̽͛͜͜͢͝͠ͅö͎̼̲͉̩̤̓̂̆͊̒͒̓̓̈͢͞r̶̭͙̤̭̜̳̾̊͋̍̈́ s̴̡̙̙͕̗̟̐̿͊̏̿̊͐͑͢͠e̡̡͉̦̗͚̘̒̊̎͑͐͘͜͞n̶̛̖̙̪̞̳̔͛̊̕t̴̨̢̛͖̼͓̰̣̉̌̿̚͘͡,̶̱̯͓̝͓̝̈̽̎̀͂͐̒̈́͒͡ J̡̞̦̯̬̪̝̖̅̽͐͊͜͝i͚̦͓̫̫̺͓͋̊̄͊̾̍͟͡m̖̫̭̩͓̝̯͗͗́̀͛̂͘m̥̱̟̖͎̠̋̊̋̍͘y̤̠̭̠̿̀͋̄̌̀͐̍̕͘ͅ

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I hate that this stupid prank of his will be seen as another win for his party and that his arrest by Turkish officials will embrace him in an even bigger offerkofta. I wish these stupid stunts thought up by östermalms-PR people would stop. I’m tired of it.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

COVID-19 is not sufficient reason to be exempted from the Official Mandatory Handshake Ceremony if you want to become a Danish citizen, the ceremonies are simply postponed until the pandemic ends. Gatherings larger than 1,000 people are cancelled. This nation is so hilariously petty.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

SplitSoul posted:

COVID-19 is not sufficient reason to be exempted from the Official Mandatory Handshake Ceremony if you want to become a Danish citizen, the ceremonies are simply postponed until the pandemic ends. Gatherings larger than 1,000 people are cancelled. This nation is so hilariously petty.

Why would anyone ever want to become a Danish citizen? It's not like the bridge to Sweden has snipers on it. Aspire to be better people. Make the extra few miles.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Katt posted:

Why would anyone ever want to become a Danish citizen? It's not like the bridge to Sweden has snipers on it. Aspire to be better people. Make the extra few miles.

GF won't move to SE, she's from Amager, loves Amager, we're 1km from her parents, etc. So every day I drive 25km to Søborg to work instead of living out thereabouts. And I have to learn Danish.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Rust Martialis posted:

GF won't move to SE, she's from Amager, loves Amager, we're 1km from her parents, etc. So every day I drive 25km to Søborg to work instead of living out thereabouts. And I have to learn Danish.

Learning Danish on purpose :eng99:

Danish is a language that when spoken sounds like someone kicking a bucket full of dead squid.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Katt posted:

Learning Danish on purpose :eng99:

Danish is a language that when spoken sounds like someone kicking a bucket full of dead squid.

I have cow-orkers who say they can get me a good place to live in Malmø any time, they're on the board of their building, or something.

Christ I just bought a *car* here, 400 thousand DKK.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Rust Martialis posted:

Nothing of this sounds odd. Learning Danish is fun.
Although you might want to try biking. Had colleagues who lived in Amager who biked to Rigshospitalet in 20 min or so. Probably beats the O3 at rush hour.
Why you would want to take the train across the bridge everyday if you can avoid it is another thing. I still have PTSD from the three years of commuting across the bridge and that was during one of the better times.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Rust Martialis posted:

I have cow-orkers who say they can get me a good place to live in Malmø any time, they're on the board of their building, or something.

Christ I just bought a *car* here, 400 thousand DKK.

High prices or not, you can get a helluva lot of car for 400K.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Who even needs cars

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Katt posted:

It's not like the bridge to Sweden has snipers on it.

Yet. Government wants to send planes to handle refugees Erdogan's human weapons. Only a matter of time before we get more proactive measures against the dreaded Swedish conditions.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Zzulu posted:

Who even needs cars

A whole bunch of people it turns out, because the authorities are dead set on destroying public transport anywhere that's not a major city. At least that's the situation in Norway.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Public transportation in Gothenburg you can cross the whole county in 60 min. Including multiple changes between buses and trams.

I'm going to Stockholm for some work next week and travelling 13 km from Bromma to the city centre requires something like 3 changes and takes 50 minutes. For a while I was considering just walking the distance but that would have taken slightly longer.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah I live in stockholm and never really need a car. Maybe if I want to go to ikea to buy a bunch of stuff i need the luggage of a car

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
One of my hugest gripes here is public transit (Eskilstuna - Stockholm M-F for nearly three years now). When it works, it’s splendid, but if the slightest thing goes wrong (löv på spåret), it’s a loving catastrophe. It’s better than most places in the US but that isn’t exactly a large hurdle to clear.

3000kr monthly to be late to work minimum once a week loving sucks, and while I nickel and dime SJ for compensation every time (I’ve made at least 2000kr back in a year alone from it), it’s like....maybe fix these reoccurring issues instead??????????????

Also gently caress while I’m happy that we have the new fancy Mälartåg, the seats are incredibly uncomfortable, don’t recline and the trains have a brain searing MEEP MEEP MEEP THE DOORS ARE CLOSING, PERISH MORTALS chime. Also every express train is PACKED and with people who are incapable of moving their loving luggage to the side or on the racks so GOD FORBID anyone sits near you. But at least it doesn’t smell like puddles, though I noticed that the windows don’t open and summer is going to suck.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

To clarify my earlier post, it's not simply the state-mandated handshake that is postponed, it is the granting of citizenships.

Zzulu posted:

Who even needs cars

You'd think cheaper public transit would be a priority in fighting emissions, but even with exorbitant taxes it can make sense to opt for a car.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Mar 7, 2020

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I drive 60 km to work and 60 km back home.
Fuel cost per month: about 1800 SEK

Månadskort for the same trip: 1820 SEK

Public transportation should be substantially cheaper just for starters. Even then it would struggle to compete with cars. Never mind costing the same.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Katt posted:

Public transportation should be substantially cheaper just for starters. Even then it would struggle to compete with cars. Never mind costing the same.

Denmark is, unsurprisingly, worse. My brother-in-law saved a significant amount of money driving 40km to work in Copenhagen on a congested freeway every morning, moving at a snail's pace for up to an hour.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Katt posted:

If it's one thing about MP that bothers me more than anything it's that they keep sitting in coalitions which hike public transit prices. Worse, they even argue for it despite the obvious consequences.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The current problem for public transport in our area is everything flows into central Copenhagen and back out again. I want to go around the city, not into it and back out. It makes everything take longer.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Rust Martialis posted:

The current problem for public transport in our area is everything flows into central Copenhagen and back out again. I want to go around the city, not into it and back out. It makes everything take longer.

Seek refugee status in Sweden.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Green parties are trash.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Randarkman posted:

Green parties are trash.

Hear me out. What if we raise the tax on gas. And then all the people driving 25 year old Volvos will get a brand new Nissan to save money on fuel. Or start using public transportation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Katt posted:

I'm going to Stockholm for some work next week and travelling 13 km from Bromma to the city centre requires something like 3 changes and takes 50 minutes. For a while I was considering just walking the distance but that would have taken slightly longer.
Bromma is kind of a poor example because public transport to Bromma airport is intentionally made terrible so it won't compete with Flygbussarna.