Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

jackhunter64 posted:

Current list of RACCOON GOONS, if I've missed anyone then emptyquote the entire thing in anger

It's very definitely this one, although agreed it might look neater without the flag behind the text.

racoongoon me

I preordered the limited edition switch and cannot back out now despite having no money or desire to own a nintendo console

bury me with my bells

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

:same:

Why isn't it the 20th yet

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I wonder if it'll be easy to smash the bell curve in this game. New Leaf gave us a island full of absurd beetles and after people discovered how disgusting it was I feel like everyone maxed out their house instantly.

Will New Horizons dial that back to 'okay no we want you to interact with other things' or let you go batshit crazy again with those tours.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

As long as the Stalk Market works similarly, it wont take too long for us to rake it in.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I wonder if it'll be easy to smash the bell curve in this game. New Leaf gave us a island full of absurd beetles and after people discovered how disgusting it was I feel like everyone maxed out their house instantly.

Will New Horizons dial that back to 'okay no we want you to interact with other things' or let you go batshit crazy again with those tours.
I imagine they'll tone it down. I mean, they're already preventing you from skipping ahead to get to holiday events (by making them require a patch that won't be released until closer to the date of the event - this may also be that they're not actually completed yet), I can't imagine they want people to get everything as quickly.

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

broken pixel posted:

Give me just a few and I'll kick 'er up a notch

EDIT: notched up a kick

Plural is good, yes, yes. I like that the flag is visible now too. :3:

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

So many Racoon Goons... It's almost intimidating.

Thank goodness for that new system where you can just post a temporary code and anyone can join your session because I'm not going to bother adding a million people as friends, but it would still be nice to play with folks here. Especially to corner the stalk market. Being able to just say "turnips 500, here's a code" and let whoever show up is going to be a huge quality of life improvement, especially if this community is going to be so active.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

mutata posted:

As long as the Stalk Market works similarly, it wont take too long for us to rake it in.

I've played every Animal Crossing game but never once have I bought and sold turnips.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I made a poo poo ton of money off turnips exactly once.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

mutata posted:

Hell yeah. Gonna save up all my bells on the 20th and 21st and then blow it all on turnips that Sunday.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The New Leaf thread here was amazing (and a big reason why I drew my avatar). Someone during the week would inevitably have a decently low price on turnips so they'd call it out and we'd all pile in and buy huge. Then without fail someone in the thread would roll the x3 sell price and we'd all stream through, unloading our supply and leaving 6-digit bell bag tips for the host. It felt like Cute Crime.

We'd do it most weeks.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I wish there was some official confirmation about how large the map really is. How big the island is will influence how crazy I get with the terraforming because I do want some parts to feel kind of classic.

Man I wish I was rich enough to buy a second switch and just use that as a sandbox town. Or Nintendo would just let me make more than one town on a console.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Mar 7, 2020

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I finally pre-ordered. The game icon taunts me.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1236188724758818816

It's no Raccoon Goons jacket, but it's still pretty sleek.

Kitten Nightmares
May 15, 2007
look through a faithless eye; are you afraid to die?

Okay, I'm so loving in on this raccoon goon gang tag dogpile.

Has anyone thought to go opposite seasons/hemispheres with a close friend or family member to get access to different bugs and fish? I offered to do it with my fiance and he said he'd rather just play through the seasons in real time and that made me feel like a dirty cheater :sigh:

No More Toast
May 11, 2013

Atheist! Imperialist!!

If it's not too late I'd love to join the Raccoon Goon pile!

One of my favourite things in New Leaf was visiting all the creative dream towns like Aika Village etc. With the amount of crazy customisation in New Horizons we've seen so far I can't wait to see what people come up with!

My own town will, inevitably (and just like my Stardew Valley Farms), be a confused mess but at least it'll be my confused mess.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Kitten Nightmares posted:

Has anyone thought to go opposite seasons/hemispheres with a close friend or family member to get access to different bugs and fish? I offered to do it with my fiance and he said he'd rather just play through the seasons in real time and that made me feel like a dirty cheater :sigh:

It's the kind of thing I'd have bullied my little brother into doing when we were kids.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Has anyone thought to go opposite seasons/hemispheres with a close friend or family member to get access to different bugs and fish?
I think i'm one of the only southern hemisphere goons that'll be actively playing this on the discord, so i'll sort of have that with close goons.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

jackhunter64 posted:

Current list of RACCOON GOONS, if I've missed anyone then emptyquote the entire thing in anger

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs

Crawfish posted:

I think i'm one of the only southern hemisphere goons that'll be actively playing this on the discord, so i'll sort of have that with close goons.

I think ur cool let's date :mrgw:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Crawfish posted:

:same:

I am going to miss the white christmas though.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm really tempted to play in the Southern Hemisphere, but we just got out of winter and I don't know how to feel about winter while it's summer.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5ofVsxTPoc

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Behold new Longav

LITERALLY A BIRD is also happy sorting out the gangtags once a consensus has been reached.

(from a few pages back but) aaaah thank you LITERALLY A BIRD for making this possible once we get it done. I've only ever had one gang tag before this but Raccoon Goons is something I can 100% relate to. :3:

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I also PM'd VideoGames about it and he's on it. Maybe we'll all get duplicate gang tags!

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

broken pixel posted:

I copied mutata's and added an "s" to the end of Goons, if peeps want the "s." Either way, I'm happy!

Edit: swapped monitors and now I see mine's a bit less vibrant. Shoot.

broken pixel posted:

Give me just a few and I'll kick 'er up a notch

EDIT: notched up a kick

This looks really good! Overlapping the text less with itself, unhiding the flag, and adding the S at the end were good ideas. However, RE: the more saturated pass: I second the motion to maybe slightly redarken the grass (at least the part in the space under the "Rac"), so the triangle pattern is more visible to balance out the triangle shape of the flag on the other side. Otherwise, it's really close to perfect!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

mutata posted:

I also PM'd VideoGames about it and he's on it. Maybe we'll all get duplicate gang tags!

Best mod. Thank you, VideoGames!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Every day my ACNH icon moves further and further to the right as I try to play almost anything else to pass the time.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Squats posted:

This looks really good! Overlapping the text less with itself, unhiding the flag, and adding the S at the end were good ideas. However, RE: the more saturated pass: I second the motion to maybe slightly redarken the grass (at least the part in the space under the "Rac"), so the triangle pattern is more visible to balance out the triangle shape of the flag on the other side. Otherwise, it's really close to perfect!

Agreeing with all of this.

Cockashocka
Sep 13, 2013

Bubble brother

We got through one week of march, just about a week and a few days more.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

If it’s not too late I want to be a Raccoon Goon :marc:

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Okay, I'm so loving in on this raccoon goon gang tag dogpile.

My friend really wants to do Southern Hemisphere. I was warning her that she'll be dealing with fall and winter soon but whatever. If I need to get stuff I'll just gamble with the random tour island.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

jackhunter64 posted:

It's very definitely this one, although agreed it might look neater without the flag behind the text.

racgoon up

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 7, 2020

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Futaba Anzu posted:

Coon goon up

Let's...let's not call it that.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Racc is a way better way to say Raccoon.

Racc

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

Raccgoon.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs

Kalsco posted:

Raccgoon.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

I’d like to be a raccgoon

Volcano
Apr 10, 2008

we're leaving the planet
and you can't come

jackhunter64 posted:

I would also love to be a RACCOON GOON!

So excited for this game. I've booked the 20th off work too.

Is everyone gonna try to get their favourite villagers with resetting and Amiibo cards and all that, or just take what you get? I'm hoping to make some new friends, but I also really want Bob - it won't be the same without him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I'm going to make new friends. There's a couple of villagers that just look too stupid to keep around but I can probably chase them off.