Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

I really wish words still had meaning so I could explain that Bernie is the least communist person on that bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Goddamn, why do Ben Garrison's badguys always look like the coolest people you could ever hang out with

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Edit:wow I need to refresh sooner

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Goddamn, why do Ben Garrison's badguys always look like the coolest people you could ever hang out with

I love Stalin's mischievous scamp expression. :3:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Screaming Idiot posted:

:hmmyes:

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Bobby Digital posted:

Shortly before the January debate, the Warren campaign leaked a story that, in a meeting before either Warren or Sanders announced her campaign, he told her that he didn’t think a woman could be president.

Obviously, he denied this, and it doesn’t fit anything in his record. There’s video of him in the 80s telling kids a woman could be president.

During the debate, hosted by CNN (who the story was leaked to), the moderator point blank asked Bernie about it, and it basically went like this:

Moderator: “Senator Sanders, did you tell Senator Warren a woman couldn’t be president?”

Bernie: “No.”

Moderator: “Senator Warren, how did it feel when Senator Sanders told you a woman couldn’t be president?”

From that point, her campaign made it a key point of their messaging to emphasize how Warren was fighting for little girls who deserve to see a female president.

Continuing on from what I said above, after the leak/debate incident, Twitter users started using the snake emoji in reference to Warren because, to that point, the two campaigns had basically been neutral towards each other, which made sense since they shared (or seemed to, before Warren tacked to the center) and Bernie tried to get her to run against Hillary and only launched his campaign when Warren declined.

The snake emojis are sexist because of the Bible I guess? Anyway, the Warren team started going hard on the Bernie Bro narrative based on that.

See, this horseshit is why I advocate not watching candidates' debates. I was with Warren because she had ideas amenable to me and a history, cf. the CFPB, of getting poo poo done. With her out, I default to Sanders, who has similar ideas, but not such history of getting things done. If necessary, I will vote for Sanders, or Biden, or even, God help us all, Tulsi Gabbard, because I think the current President of the United States of America is hopelessly compromised by foreign powers and the party he leads is also compromised by those powers.

For gently caress sake, goons, read something for a change.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

gleebster posted:

See, this horseshit is why I advocate not watching candidates' debates. I was with Warren because she had ideas amenable to me and a history, cf. the CFPB, of getting poo poo done. With her out, I default to Sanders, who has similar ideas, but not such history of getting things done. If necessary, I will vote for Sanders, or Biden, or even, God help us all, Tulsi Gabbard, because I think the current President of the United States of America is hopelessly compromised by foreign powers and the party he leads is also compromised by those powers.

Huh?

That’s exactly what happened.

It’s honestly a little charitable to Warren but that requires going into more depth that’s outside the scope of the original question

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

gleebster posted:

I read a lot, not sure what that has to do with anything.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

cheated on you with a person who understands paragraphs

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/Nigensei/status/1234843373770436610?s=19

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

CharlestheHammer posted:

Huh?

That’s exactly what happened.

It’s honestly a little charitable to Warren but that requires going into more depth that’s outside the scope of the original question

Exactly what happened? Well, yes, because I was describing what happened. Thank you for recognizing I described it well.

What do I wish had happened? I wish Senator Warren would have been the insurgent, rather than Senator Sanders. I hope she would have been a better fit or voters' wishes than Senator Sanders will prove. That's pretty much where my wishes diverge from what we now know to be reality.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Bobby Digital posted:

I read a lot, not sure what that has to do with anything.

I was hoping to appeal to the greater number to educate themselves, which is perhaps where Senator Warren failed as well.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Nvm

Beelzebufo has a new favorite as of 06:19 on Mar 7, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I feel like I need more context for this.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Screaming Idiot posted:

If 'ol Ben ever comes out and says "I was satirizing the views of the right wing the whole time, golly, did you all miss that?" Like some 5th dimensional Steven Colbert, I would 100% believe it.

Yo, Warren Stan, calm down, I liked her for a little bit too, even gave her campaign some money, it's over and this is not the thread for it.

CombatBonta-kun
Sep 22, 2003
Ehhhh?

Skwirl posted:

Guessing this is what they are talking about https://www.papermag.com/naked-philanthropist-trafficking-allegation-2645401734.html

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/Nigensei/status/1234852778683576321

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

naturally, this immediately became a furry meme

https://twitter.com/CaseyExplosion/status/1236124159320756225

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gleebster posted:

If you're going to tell people to go read, you should really have something in mind. Leaving people to 'do their research' on their own leads to antivaxxers.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

gleebster posted:

I've already read Harry Potter. I'm not doing it again.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Anora posted:

https://twitter.com/AyaTsuki5/status/1235992061909905408

Yeah, a Twitter person's ego is totally worse then a... let's see here... alledged rapist/serial harrasser.

We have a thread dedicated to the sex pest's recent trial, and it's amazing (if you skip the goon weeb-outs)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3898015&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Sex-pest got utterly loving owned in the court system when he attempted to sue his victims. Right now it's looking like he'll be held personally liable for paying a lot of his victims lawyers, and the alt-right chud GoFundMe can't be used to pay for it, so he'll have to pay out of pocket. It's also looking like he did some fraudulent real estate deals to hide assets from the court. Plus some copy/paste fraudulent court fillings. It's worth reading, just skip ahead when you see fine talking about weeb poo poo.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

“Senator, if you aren’t a communist then how is it that there exists a picture of you clearly sharing the communism bed with history’s most notorious communists? The evidence is clear!”

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

I feel like this got completely passed over. What the hell? This seems like some kind of insane language over correction here.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
It’s a case of “not treating the details of my sex thing like it’s part of typical discourse is a hate crime and I’m oppressed”

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I feel like this got completely passed over. What the hell? This seems like some kind of insane language over correction here.

It probably got passed over because it’s from a couple of years ago. A legendary post.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

RareAcumen posted:

If you're going to tell people to go read, you should really have something in mind. Leaving people to 'do their research' on their own leads to antivaxxers.

:hmmyes:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Henchman of Santa posted:

It probably got passed over because it’s from a couple of years ago. A legendary post.

Even going back in the thread to when it was originally posted on Twitter, I’m not seeing anything. :smith: Was hoping to pass the time at work reading the dunks.

E:wait, 2/2, not 2/20, there’s hope yet!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Please tell me this is one of those fakes chuds make up to try and give credence to their lunacy. Pretty please?

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

d3lness posted:

Please tell me this is one of those fakes chuds make up to try and give credence to their lunacy. Pretty please?

Tag your gore/pomegranates.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

the chuds made a wish upon a swastika and the blue-eyed blonde fairy brought their strawmxn to life.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

:frogout: :suicide: gently caress this poo poo; whether it's a parody or not, SOMEONE out there thinks this way and it's dumb as gently caress.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

D34THROW posted:

:frogout: :suicide: gently caress this poo poo; whether it's a parody or not, SOMEONE out there thinks this way and it's dumb as gently caress.

yeah, gently caress this hypothetical person

And what about that dude in the clown costume who fucks chickens at the local steakhouse? gently caress that guy I just made up! Boo to you, fictional person!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Getting 2012 Tumblr “White people shouldn’t speak Spanish” vibes from this.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i mean if there's a pomegranates/gore person out there, there is probably also someone who writes germxn

e: yeah it's a very tumblr thing

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

It's either fake or cropped as it's missing the obvious counterargument of "I'm speaking Deutsche."

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Sagebrush posted:

i mean if there's a pomegranates/gore person out there, there is probably also someone who writes germxn

e: yeah it's a very tumblr thing

Oh, there most likely is a person like that, but, like, we have too many identified people to hate to waste perfectly good vitriol on imaginary people.

"SOMEONE out there does a thing I don't like! I'm going to find them and be so loving angry at them!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
They could just call it Deutsche.